Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Interesting points. Someday I'm going to have to get a new computer, so I'm currently debating which OS to use. I don't really know much about Linux, so does anybody have any comments on that?

AND WHAT DO YOU MEAN MACS ARE MORE EVIL THAN ME!!!??? *goes off to terrorize Apple*

Oh right...

that's not as common name XD

(Yet, Véronique isn't common in the states either XD)

Ayde: It depends on what you mean by "common". Names that are glorified by religious figures like Mathew and John are only popular because parents did not have a better name for their child than something at came out of a very old book.

Levy: HEY! I'm Leviticus!

Ayde: An exception, most Christians wouldn't name their child after a book in the Old Testament. Véronique, I am not sure if that's a religious name or not. Either way, the most creative and unique names are usually the most remembered.

oh... there's a Saint Véronique... so yes it's religious...

Never heard of Véronique's veil? That's only a legend... of course.

Games... do I look like one of those person who have time to play GAMES? Really... I'm not! XD I'm into graphics, webdesign and all those cool things XD Mac doesn't take space... and it's easy to use! (Windows is also easy to use, but in a different way)

The debate could go on forever... I think we bring it backs every 10 or 20 pages <.<

In summary:

PCs = Good for your daily life. If you play games A LOT, stick with a PC.

Macs= I would only recommend them for film, but that's it. Even my own teachers who have been in the industry recommend Macs only if you want to edit or create videos.

And I post based also on my own experience.

*Shouting over explosions from inside Apple factory* Neither of those really fit my personality - I'd prefer most of all a flexible, highly customizable OS that runs pretty much anything, though not necessarily efficiently, and that I can tinker with myself.

Quote 'Australian PC Authortiy Magazine', July 2007 issue:

"Hello. I'm a PC. I'm faster, cheaper, greener, easier to upgrade and more up-to-date than him."

"Hello. I'm a Mac. Don't I look good."

I think that basically sums it up. :P

Cameron

Right now, Mac is out of my price range (since hacking a bank and emptying it out generally brings the police down on you really hard), so I'm thinking of getting Ubuntu. It's free after all, so giving it a try probably won't hurt much.

Well we're all crazy, so that doesn't matter.

So does anybody here have comments on Linux?

Nifty. Now there's a word I haven't heard in a while. If you want to try Linux, why don't you?

I was under the impression Linux could run on a live CD that doesn't actually install on your computer... meh, I'd better concentrate on my exams for now.

It is an operating system, just that it can run from a live CD/boot CD. I'm pretty sure that you can install it permanently as well if you want, but with all this studying I don't have much time for software research.

You're right, AA, you can. Linux is ugly, free, fast, and takes forver to learn. I would suggest that you try Austrumi as well as Ubuntu, it's smaller and made by a bunch of Latin guys. Gotta love it. http://cyti.latgola.lv/ruuni/index_en.html is the link, you might want to check it out and give it a shot. If it's terrible, just delete it from the cd-rom.

Cameron

After wasting a few hours on research, I have decided that I'll take a shot at Ubuntu. I don't really care how the OS looks that much (and I actually kinda like the Linux look). Believe me, if something takes forever to learn for the majority of people, I learn it in a flash. On the other hand, something that's simple and easy for other people to learn takes ages for me.

I need to find someone who can make me a Metroid layout for my Neopets Account. It's a shame that all the old layouts got messed up by the new Neopets look...

Also, I just recently remembered that you can put music on your userpage. D'oh!