Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Even when I do bring my cell phone for work and such, I barely even use mine unless if there's an actual emergency or something.

I still take it for when I want to talk to mom or something, but that's it. :P

I try not to use my cellphone as much as my friends do. I've always preferred calls over texts, and I get funny looks from my friends when I say I'd rather have them call my home phone than send me a text message if I want to talk to them outside of school.

Does playing angry birds count as an emergency? :P

It really doesn't, my cell phone is a more outdated model, so it's not compatible to more modern day games like the one you mentioned.

Wow, 14 and no phone?? Haha... I was 17 when I got my first phone, and that was only 2 years ago. I may literally have been the last person at my school to get one. I had to borrow peoples' phones all the time. :\ But I mean, now I spend upwards of $60 a month on my stupid phone that cost like $250 to begin with. I think I was better off before.

I know, right? It's kinda silly considering that pretty much everyone uses that word...

Firefox also doesn't recognise 'bromance' as a word but that's not my main concern is it

I still borrow my friends' phones from time to time because they have unlimited calls and texts so, unlike me, a call won't set them back 20 cents.

I had my cell phone when I was 17 or 18 or something, I never really used one when I was in my early teen years.

^ I agree with the above poster, having a cell phone feels more like a privilege to younger teens opposed to older teens and adults, those who really need them for work and stuff on the long run.

Yeah, having a cellphone does seem like more of a privilege than anything.

It kinda annoys me when I see 12-14-year-olds clicking away at Blackberries. Don't get me wrong, I love Blackberries and want to get one once I'm older and I have the money to pay for a plan, but they're actually more work-oriented phones than anything. ( I probably sounded really hypocritical in that sentence. ;__; )

You don't even know how many girls I see with brightly coloured false nails tapping away rhythmically at bright pink, green, blue or purple silicone or leopard/zebra/cheetah-skinned Blackberries. :laughingsmiley:

I take it that all the new kids want to be all hip and modern with those blackberries, I never really owned one myself or need to use one. :P

I have unlimited texting, I abuse it :laughingsmiley:

Also 250$, what phone is THAT?

Unlimited texting/wifi is the only reason I have a phone, lol.

Haha it's only an LG Rumor touch, and that's actually the retail that no one pays; I got a rebate so it was like $50 or $100... can't remember now. But then the original broke and I had to pay another $50 to replace it. >_>

@ Neomysterion: Is it bad that I laughed when you said "hip and modern?" XD I do agree with that to some extent.

As long as a kid's got enough money, they'll get whatever's trendy or cool, even if it means they're gonna be broke by the end of the day.

I will admit that, as an individual, I have more money than most kids my age, but I save my money more than I spend it.

@ Neomysterion: Is it bad that I laughed when you said "hip and modern?" XD I do agree with that to some extent.

As long as a kid's got enough money, they'll get whatever's trendy or cool, even if it means they're gonna be broke by the end of the day.

I will admit that, as an individual, I have more money than most kids my age, but I save my money more than I spend it.

Maybe not that bad if you ask me, even though I like to keep myself old-school in many ways. Being more of an NES and Super NES player than a Wii player is one of those traits I possess when it comes to being not very modern in my terms.

Hmm. I think I'm an equal mix of "old-school" and "modern," but I have a stronger admiration for more old-school stuff. :) I really like a lot of the music and fashion from the '50s-early '90s a lot better than the music and fashion of this decade.

When it comes to music, I barely advanced from classic polka music, though I don't really mind some good techno music. I feel like the only person on this forum who likes to admire classic polka music.

No...no polka music for me. Although I enjoy techno any day. :)

My phone is an HTC Thunderbolt and I have unlimited data/texting. :3 I enjoy it quite a lot, especially when I go into towns where there's a 4G tower. Also, Android>iOS.

Hehe, polka. I don't think I would be annoyed by polka but I definitely can't say I seek it out regularly.

Also there is a seagull outside my house that is seriously annoying and needs to stop sounding like its whining. Oh good, and now some crickets have started chriping in the cage for the gecko :angry:

Polka? That's a bit unusual :laughingsmiley:

I like some of the more common genres like pop, rap, alternative rock, disco (even though I'm probably one of the only people in the world who still likes it...), etc. as well as some lesser known genres like ska, shoegaze/dream pop, twee and baroque pop.