Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

/late but I've never heard of getting points deducted in gym if you run slow. That is just a load of bullcrap. If that happened at my school then I'd totally be flunking gym. <_<

At my school, you just have to get changed into your gym uniform and participate just a little bit and you'll get an A.

It doesn't even matter if you never exercise (like me) or play five different sports. It's the same for everyone. As far as I know of, the gym teachers don't play favourites when it comes to grading.

Apparently, compared to everyone else here, my gym teachers (in middle school, anyway) are a lot more lenient than yours. I don't really know about the high school gym teachers as I've only had one gym class, and that gym period was mainly spent hanging out with friends and getting locker assignments.

Anyway. It's been at least a year or two since I purposefully refused to do my homework, especially in grade 5. That was a very rough year for me- I was kind of a loner, misfit and drama queen and I was angry pretty much all the time. Grade 5 was definitely my least favourite school year.

Thank goodness all of that is behind me. Now, I've got a good bunch of friends, I'm a lot more emotionally stable and a lot less socially awkward. :P

That was a very rough year for me- I was kind of a loner, misfit and drama queen and I was angry pretty much all the time.

AMEN. :wub_anim: That sums me up. Espically "angry pretty much all the time". Actually, i was all like that for the past.. 2 years.

Derp.

I was kinda slow in gym but what kept me going is that I never finished last when we ran. xD My favorite year of gym was freshmen year of high school. Our teacher was the head football coach and we got divided into 4 football teams and we made a league out of it. It was super fun. The only thing that I missed about middle school gym is dodgeball. For one, it's fun, and secondly, I'm great at it.

My least favorite part about gym was our stretches in high school. If you hadn't been active for a while then you were going to be in so much pain the next day. Literally, the first time I did the routine I had trouble with simply walking up and down stairs the next day...

Really? :O Heh, we have a lot more in common than I thought c:

Oh yeah, I'm a lot happier now overall as well as being more emotionally stable and all that stuff. I realized that in grade 7 when I started to hang out with my current group of my friends.

I still don't feel like I can act like myself around most of my friends though. For example, I'm a bit of a pottymouth (it runs in the family...) and I'll get yelled at for saying only slightly vulgar words like "frickin" or "crap." I slipped out the three-letter a-word (if you know what I mean) very quietly under my breath as I was walking to math the other day with my friend and she yelled "LANGUAGE!" at me. <_<

I also can't talk about some of the other things I like a lot such as cars, geography, money, Neopets, oldies music, etc. I also feel like I'm being judged by my friends because of the way I dress, the way I act, what I like... Other than that, I really do love my friends and I'm so glad I have them. <333

Uh, anyway...dodgeball is banned during gym. There was, however, a school-sanctioned dodgeball tournament thingy (held outside of school hours) last year that I participated in. I couldn't throw any of the balls, I just dodged them really well. The next week, everyone was complimenting me on my dodging. :laughingsmiley:

NO DODGEBALL !!!! That's horrible. :sad02: My school isn't very strict, until it comes to cell phones, that's a different story....

I also can't talk about some of the other things I like a lot such as cars, geography, money, Neopets, oldies music, etc. I also feel like I'm being judged by my friends because of the way I dress, the way I act, what I like... Other than that, I really do love my friends and I'm so glad I have them

Same, although I dress like everyone else at my school tbh, abercrombie, aeropostale, nike, blah, blah, blah...

For some reason, iPods are the only things that aren't allowed before, during, or after school on campus. :/ phones, laptops, iPhones, and those other things are allowed. NOT iPods. It's kinda stupid, really.

I hate that it's mandatory to where a school uniform in school. :c

I have like, no friends. I have maybe 2 or 3.

My school is pretty strict when it comes to flip-flops. Of all things, flip-flops. I remember that there were even a few announcements about being warned against wearing flip-flops near the end of the school year. There were also some pertaining short-shorts and spaghetti-strap tops, but their main concern was flip-flops. :laughingsmiley:

They're not as strict as I thought they were with electronics, since people get away with using their phones during class all the time and I used my iPod during recess a lot last year.

As far as how I dress goes, I like dressing quite formally (for school, anyway) but I also dress casually when I feel like it. I like wearing collared shirts (as well as polos), dresses, skirts, heeled shoes and whatnot more than anything. But my outfit for tomorrow is a pair of jean shorts, a red baseball shirt and my favourite Converse, which is really casual compared to what I wore today.

They don't allow any of it, I played games on my iPhone last year after my tests and most of my teachers didnt care, now all the teachers are all stingy about it <_<

@Chibi, I feel bad for you, I don't know how I could go through school without my friends -_-

ALL the girls in my school wear flip-flops :guiltysmiley:

What are converses, are the the ones that market the all-star shoes?

Flip-flops? :P

There was this new shoe back when i was in K5 or something called a wheelie, and it was a shoe, with a wheel on the heel. I kinda iked it, and in first grade, like 95% of people were wearing them. And they got banned. :P

Before, our class used to bring Pokemon Cards and other things to school. :P

you mean heelies, right? :king:

same thing happened with silly bandz in my school.

pokemon cards where never smuggled in our school... :P

Yeah. I'm being totally serious about the flip-flops thing. The principal (well, the vice-principal anyway...he acted like he ran the school) was more concerned about that than things like cheating. <_<

And yes, Converse = All Stars. (I have five pairs. :P)

Pokemon card smuggling? o.0 That's the weirdest thing I've heard all night.

I have about 100 Silly Bandz. I spent like, $20-40 on them last year. I regret nothing, they still look pretty cool...to me, at least. :( They're one of those things that I'll always love even though they're waaaaay out of style.

When I was in grade school, the big thing was slap bracelets and pogs.

Middle school, I don't remember if there really was anything like that.

HS, I don't think there was either. Back then, no one really had cell phones or anything. I actually had a pager my freshman year, so my mom could let me know how to get home and such.

I loved mine. I had so much fun with it. Now, not many people have pagers. My dad had one for 20+ years for work, but they took it away and gave him a cell phone that does everything, email, pages, logging hardware/service calls. He now can't escape work because of it.

Mine was a little blue one. It only did the numeric pages, but my family had codes for importance, like *1 meant, drop everything and call right now. *2 meant call as soon as you can, but it's not an emergency, and *3 meant, whenever.

My mom and I had codes for whether she was picking me up, or I was supposed to take the bus, or if she'd be late.

I only had it for a year. When I turned 16, I got a cell phone since I was driving by myself then.

I've always wanted to try a pager or a beeper. :P

I'm pretty sure I was among one of the last people in my grade to get a cellphone. (I was 11 when I got my first phone). I'm one of those people who can live without their cellphone- I don't text a lot because I don't have unlimited texting, and I hate texting. I would miss those stickers on the back of my phone though. :(

I also h8 it wen my frans txt out der msgs like dis. It gives me a headache specially cause Im 1 of them ppl who uses correct syntax n grammar asap wen she txts her frans.

She also points out wen her frans use txt spk n tries 2 make em use correct syntax n grammar but dey nevr lern.

Its even sadder cos my frans r considered 2 b sum of da smart ppl yet they r unintentionally makin themselves sound dumber by txtin like dis. U no how it is.

Last of your grade and you got one at 11? I only got one at 16 because my parents wanted me to have one while driving by myself. My sister, who is older, didn't get one until she was 18.

Everyone who saw my pager when I was 15 was impressed because at that age, no one really had pagers or cell phones.

I suppose that my dad has several pagers, but I never really had the intentions to use one. I'm more of a cell phone person myself.