Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

As an atheist myself, I'm trying to work on judging people. :P To me, there's a very simple reason not to have faith in any form of organized religion, but i'm not going to elaborate here so as to keep this a non-argumentative environment :yes:

I clash with some of my Christian friends about my lack of religious beliefs sometimes (but not all that often). When I first told them that I was an atheist (which was on Lent, haha) they were just in complete shock. I've even been told something along the lines of "you should really believe in God/go to church." My lack of religious beliefs is just none of their business. >.> In fact, it's been over two years since I last went in a church. :/

mmmmm, cake and rice pudding! *grabs some* I'm glad there was still some left.

I like lizards. They're kind of funny to watch, I think. I might be biased, but anole lizards are awesome. I also love frogs and turtles, but I'm not sure I could be a true herpetologist because snakes kinda freak me out.

hm, a religion discussion... hopefully this doesn't get nasty as they can sometimes. The hard part for me is that I'm a Christian and I work in the sciences, which is not altogether very popular or welcomed.

The most difficult co-worker I've had was actually a boss... he made me cry on Christmas Eve. :sad01_anim:

EDIT: Oh and I don't like cats, but I'm allergic to them. We had reptiles growing up because my mom is allergic to things with fur. Now I have a dog (he's hypoallergenic), and he's awesome.

Oh no!! That's an awful boss :(

Then again, I probably shouldn't talk. When I was 9, I went to a Christmas party, and proved scientifically to all the children why Santa Claus couldn't exist. My mother was horrified and took me home :laughingsmiley:

My college is science-oriented liberal arts, but we're religiously affiliated so we get a LOT of religiousy people. I try to stay away from them, to be honest :laughingsmiley:

I love frogs and toads, hence my Neopets username :yes: My dream research subject though, is the tuatara. I bet it's crazyhard to get a grant though :D

What's a Tuatara? I've never heard of it.

I've been made to cry a few times at work. <_<

Ugh. I can't find a chair that doesn't hurt my back today. I've tried everyone else's chairs from my team.

I believe there is a higher power up there.

And I'm baptized Catholic, which I'm 100% fine with. I pray every night to boot. But I'm not crazy, crazy, go to church every Sunday and read the Bible. I just know that there's something up there.

And to be honest, religious fights are pretty fickle. In the end, we all believe in the same thing, there's just a few details that are different in a handful of beliefs.

Alas, that's the world, and we tend to fight over the simplest of things..

Yeah, religious fights are fickle, because in the end humanity is utterly irrelevant. Religion is just a way for people to believe that humanity means something. :rolleyes_anim:

A tuatara is a sphenodontian. It looks sort of like a crocodilian

7a662bf6-45fd-489d-9043-80b6e65bffa5.jpg

It's arguably the most primitive reptilian, but they're adorable and have fascinating behaviors :D

Spritizie, you have always been one of my favorite persons on the forums & now that's super-confirmed because I love Dr. Pepper!!!

& Manta, can your RPG character make brownies for us once the Rocket invasion is over? *entices with 99+ Rare Candies that she just happened to stumble upon*

Woot, it's been decided! :D I'm making deliciously delicious brownies! :O

Yaaay! c:

I made brownies a few hours ago. I think they're almost gone though...I don't want any more, so...*tosses brownies to whoever wants some*

I'm against making brownies or cake from a mix. I'm one of those people who feels that there is less thought and effort (as well as less love) put into desserts made from a mix.

*grabs one of the brownies that Rach. tossed*

Yum! You guys are making me really want to bake now. I'm going to have to go get some stuff to make brownies when I go grocery shopping tomorrow! Or raid my cabinet & see if I can make them now

If I do, I'll let you all know how they turn out

EDIT: Nothing at home for brownie-making so I'll have to get stuff tomorrow

Coke!

haha, I try to ignore all the clubs and groups (religious and otherwise) that want something from you on campus. They can get kind of annoying. haha, I kept telling one guy that I agreed with him, and I think he's had so many people disagree with him that he kept arguing with me. It was kind of funny, actually. One group I do like is the Gideons, because they just stand there and pass out Bibles. You can take them or not take them and they don't say anything to you unless you start a conversation with them. I like it because it's simple and doesn't involve yelling at people.

Summers and breaks are nice - no undergrads, and no people handing out flyers/trying to talk to you. (No offense to undergrads - it's just nicer when there are less people on campus).

Can I have brownies too?

Would you all beleive that i'm christain and don't rule some sort of creepy squirrel cult? :P

Btw, that lizard is adorable. ^_^

/Was obsessed with lizards for a while before I discovered how amazing squirrels are.

Edit -

GUYS! IM SILENCED ON TWO ACOUNTS RIGHT NOW! Im so proud. xP

One is for 3 days, the other is 1 day. :P

Yeah... what did you do Ryan?

And yes, lizards are cool. hm... there are these animals called agoutis here than kinda look like squirrels when they're eating (rather large squirrels).

You get silenced when TNT decides they don't like the way you talk :laughingsmiley:

*goes back to sleep*