Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

I have been on one other forum while staying here, and I must say it became terrible after a while. The site itself changed so much that the members started becoming more hostile towards each other. You could find some sort of argument on practically every thread, I'm not joking.

Needless to say I'm not going back there again.

They're not as tight-knit as TDN, they have a shoutbox and a word rule in the games forum. It's a bigger community with somewhat of a clique system (as I mentioned previously).

Ah, okay. :D Part of what I love about TDN is that we all chat together, rather than split off into large groups that ignore each other. It's a comfortable forum size for me. :yes:

Yeah, I love when I go online and see the online bar, and say "Oh, I know all these people!" :D

*throws pudding into the middle of the group of TDNers*

hey guys. For those of you I told earlier, I'm still out of the country. We just got internet in the apartments (before we had to walk to the hotel or about 20 minutes to the computer lab) but it's super spotty.

I'm supposed to be out catching lizards, but I'm sick today, so I stayed home for the day.

I think I joined TDN initially for the lending, and all the help articles, and then I just liked all the people here on the forums. I was off neo for a little while so I didn't go on TDN either, but after I came back (about a year and a half ago) I like it so much now that I would probably hang out and chat if if I didn't play neo.

I'm gonna try and do dailies... we'll see how well it works as the internet seems to go out every minute or two. :worried:

To get to my goal rank of 15, I only have to play about 252 SOSD/MSN a day, but I tend to get really distracted, not to mention I don't have internet at home anymore, for now. So I have to get as much as I can in on the 3.5 days I'm at work.

I really, really wanted to get to All Star this year, but I just couldn't do it. I got 900 of SOSD both of the first days. After that, I was sick of it. I even maxed a few days. (It took me nearly 10 hours, thanks to TDN distracting me, but I got about 1200 SOSD 3 days in a row while at work.)

But it just got too be too much, not to mention without internet at home, and me only being at work for 3.5 days, I had to cut some corners. But I'm really happy with 15. I just need to get more games played while at work.

I'm supposed to be out catching lizards, but I'm sick today, so I stayed home for the day.

OOH!! what kind of lizards?? and where? *is a herpetology nerd*

Lol you guys, every time one of you talks about AC, I'm all "WOOT I GOT RANK1 FOR THE AVATAR!!" :laughingsmiley:

:laughingsmiley: I was like that last year. That was my main priority. All Star (which didn't happen) was secondary. This year, I'm working harder. I'm already nearly 3 ranks above last year. (I was 10 last year, I'll make it to 13 today.)

I love it. It's my favorite of the AC games, but I haven't played it much this year, because of how long it takes. But I've had enough of SOSD, so I try to spend my time with SS. It takes more time, but I enjoy it more.

The more you play, the better you get with timing. I still have timing issues with the shortest and longest rows once in awhile, when I try to get ahead of myself.

exaccttllyy I always try to get ahead of myself.

Once I played by trying to always have a slushie in my hand, and giving it to the first customer no matter what colour. It didn't work very well because I always had my back to the counters, but it was worth a try

I'm in a small town on the Panama Canal. We're trying to catch a bunch of lizards in the Anolis genus for research. We study anolis carolinensis (common name Green Anole) in my lab. That species is an invasive in the southeast US, so some of you may have seen it. It's also

The trip's ok, minus my being sick today. It's kinda neat here, but things are a bit crazy too - reminders that you're in latin america and things work a bit differently. Catching lizards is fun.

I've been behind on the AC since I've been here... I'll have to see if my goal of rank 5 is still feasible when I get back. I'm not sure how many games I can play being sick and with the internet connection so spotty...

Ahh I'm so jealous!! :O That's the kind of job I'd love to have. Are you a field herpetologist, Liz? :D

Oops I meant to say that it's also found in pet stores (the green anole).

haha, well I'm not really a field herp. I do more molecular things, but I had an opportunity to do this trip (and one six months ago) which has been awesome, since I'm usually in the lab. It's great to be able to do some field work. I'm a grad student in molecular biology (we do a lot of genetics/genomics). For our group, we have 3 field herpetologists (one from my university, one we collaborate with at another university in the US, and one the works here in Panama), and then some professors that usually do molecular things but get to go in the field now, a student in out lab that just finished his undergrad, and me. It's been great, especially with the hardcore herpetologists leading the way. There's so much to learn from them!