Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

French was mandatory for me until Grade 9. It was optional after than, so I took French in Grade 10 too. I hated my teacher, so I didn't take it in Grade 11, which I totally regret. My French is terrible now. :sad01_anim: I really feel awful about it, because I would really like to be bilingual, but I feel like I don't even have any way of improving my French, since I don't really have anyone to converse with. I can still read French fairly well, but I'm really bad at speaking it.

No other languages were ever offered in my high school, but I did take one semester of Ojibwe (the local native language) in college.

I can talk to computers in many of their wide and varied dialects. Do I count as multilingual? :P

Hey AA, do you work for FF or something?

The way you talk about it makes it sound like you do.

If by "work for" you mean "get paid by" then no, AA doesn't work for FF. He's just something of a coding and development aficionado.

Yep, Firefox is a free and open source software project, built by volunteers around the world, myself included (although I've only really contributed to a handful of code lines). While many of the project's lead developers are employed and paid by Mozilla, the majority of the work is done by the aforementioned volunteers.

Oh, and Ryan:

aficionado

n 1: a fan of bull fighting

2: a serious devotee of some particular music genre or musical

performer

-- From WordNet ® 2.0

Erm... yeah. xD

I like Chrome because it's simple. I don't need, or want, lots of bells and whistles. So it's perfect for me.

Spritzie, I agree with you (of course) on the fancy bells and whistles.

While I have no beef with Chrome users (Chrome being based on the free and open source Chromium project after all), I should point out that Firefox works just fine without any bells and whistles too. :yes:

But my favorite part of chrome is...it launches really quickly. So I don't have to wait like....the extra 30 seconds for FF :laughingsmiley:

Firefox takes 30 seconds to load for you? o_O Now there's something to give the people working on startup time a fit. There's definitely something else interfering there.

Welll....30 seconds might be a bit of an exagguration. On my MacBook, there's a definite difference between launching Chrome and launching FF. Realistically, maybe 10-15 seconds. :D

However, on my piece-of-junk desktop computer, it can take 5 MINUTES to launch. Although I have a feeling that is more the computer's fault than it is FF's. :D

Hmm... even on my extremely low-powered netbook, Firefox cold-launches consistently within the ten second window. So I'd still chalk it up to another program interfering. Either that, or Linux is just that awesome. :P

Yeah! I put them in a dragon dump area and they've been doing wonderfully since then. =3 I'm quite pleased with how they've grown so far. Though they're still far away from being adults.

Heh, I'm not sure if my old Dragon Cave account is still around... I had quite an impressive scroll as I recall. I do hope that your dragons grow well!

Funny, I only recognise two of those species...

Edit: Tyler, what is this 'sleep' you speak of?