Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Ours overheats horribly and turns itself off, and we've got no idea why, it's in position where it's well-ventilated, and the fan isn't blocked or anything. It's annoying, but then, we rarely used it anyway, so it doesn't seem worth actually paying to get it fixed. Disappointing, though.

Ohmygoodness I LOVED the Cluefinders and Zoombinis! They were my favourite games when I grew out of the Freddy Fish/Spy Fox stage. Unfortunately, they were among the first ones to stop working. :(

I still have it! Just the Cluefinders, which is one of the ancient ones that still work on my computer.

I don't have a Wii :(

I've played Sims 2, something I didn't have growing up, but I'd like to know, what are the main perks of Sims 3 compared to Sims 2?

I remember Roller Coaster Tycoon was fun until I got good at it. Then it was too easy, and I had to resort to trying to find the quickest ways to kill customers to entertain myself :laughingsmiley:

Yeah, I was a morbid little 2nd grader.

I play PC games almost exclusively now. I have a Wii, but we hardly ever use it. It's hooked up to the same TV as my husband's computer, and I never want to ask him to stop using the computer so that I can play on the Wii. And I have no desire whatsoever to get a PS3 or an Xbox. I haven't seen more that 2 or 3 games for either that interest me that I can't get for PC.

Besides, with Steam, buying a playing PC games is so cheap and easy. One credit card transaction and a download later, and I'm ready to play. Games go massively on sale all the time. I've bought many games, some for as little as a dollar, and most for under 10$. Portal was free.

Portal was also one of the most amazing games I've ever played.

I've never played PC games. I was always a console kid. So if I decide to play PC games, I would first play:

Counter-Strike

Portal

Sims 3

Roller Coster Tycoon

That's it.

Ah... Counter-Strike. I remember playing that in IT class during my foundation year. Good times, good times. xD

I remember Roller Coaster Tycoon was fun until I got good at it. Then it was too easy, and I had to resort to trying to find the quickest ways to kill customers to entertain myself :laughingsmiley:

Yeah, I was a morbid little 2nd grader.

Ahhh yes! I loved making the roller coaster that would usually go in a one-way loop and then return your passengers safe. Except you could change the speed so that the coaster when VROOOOSH! right off the track.

Even more wonderful was building it over a body of water, assuring everyone's eventual drowning. :P

Man, between that and killing of Sims, most of my adolescence gaming was spent concocting various creative ways of killing off as many people as possible. Considering that I was playing those games and my brother was playing Grand Theft Auto, I probably had a higher kill rate than him, haha.

Ah... Counter-Strike. I remember playing that in IT class during my foundation year. Good times, good times. xD

My best friend loves that game, and suggests that I play it.

But for now I'm more than satisfied with CoD.

Ahhh yes! I loved making the roller coaster that would usually go in a one-way loop and then return your passengers safe. Except you could change the speed so that the coaster when VROOOOSH! right off the track.

Even more wonderful was building it over a body of water, assuring everyone's eventual drowning. :P

Man, between that and killing of Sims, most of my adolescence gaming was spent concocting various creative ways of killing off as many people as possible. Considering that I was playing those games and my brother was playing Grand Theft Auto, I probably had a higher kill rate than him, haha.

Or better: build a body of water and just drag the people into it. Have too many sick or angry people lowering your park's rating? Drown them. Easy fix.

I also liked to make a completely fenced area and put in it all the people who wanted to go home. It didn't help my park rating, but it was fun.

Yesss, I loved fencing people in. I was ruthless. If they wanted to go home they got caged for months on end. It always amused me that if it rained, they would still put up their umbrellas. Yup, you're kidnapped by a giant omnipotent hand and help captive at an amusement park, but you put up your umbrella in the rain. ;) Makes perfect sense!

Yesss, I loved fencing people in. I was ruthless. If they wanted to go home they got caged for months on end. It always amused me that if it rained, they would still put up their umbrellas. Yup, you're kidnapped by a giant omnipotent hand and help captive at an amusement park, but you put up your umbrella in the rain. ;) Makes perfect sense!

Well, the alternative is to be kidnapped by a giant omnipotent hand, be held captive at an amusement park, AND be wet. :laughingsmiley:

And if you fenced them in without food, drinks, or bathroom, they would walk around hungry, thirsty, and holding it in for...years?

I've played Sims 2, something I didn't have growing up, but I'd like to know, what are the main perks of Sims 3 compared to Sims 2?

Sims 3 is more deeply customizable without having to download 3rd party stuff, and even that is customizable to the nines. It has a little more "realism" than Sims 2, and the open-world setting is lovely, your sims can go pretty much anywhere within the town without a loading screen. You can also set it so that every household goes on without you, so that for instance, everyone in the town will grow old at the same rate, although you can also turn this off for Sims 2 style play.

It's pretty nice, and in a lot of ways similar to Sims 2, but in a lot of ways different. I'm quite unhelpful. :D

Sims 3 is more deeply customizable without having to download 3rd party stuff, and even that is customizable to the nines. It has a little more "realism" than Sims 2, and the open-world setting is lovely, your sims can go pretty much anywhere within the town without a loading screen. You can also set it so that every household goes on without you, so that for instance, everyone in the town will grow old at the same rate, although you can also turn this off for Sims 2 style play.

It's pretty nice, and in a lot of ways similar to Sims 2, but in a lot of ways different. I'm quite unhelpful. :D

I agree that the customization in the Sims 3 is amazing, but the gameplay sometimes irritates me. I like to have multiple houses under my complete control, but The Sims 3 takes away a little bit of that.

Still, it's a great game. I love that there's no loading in screen in town. For that ALONE it deserves to be played. (My Sims in Sims 2 became virtual recluses because the loading was simply too long!)

I think we should all try to make Sims of ourselves. :P Accurately as possible!