Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

I like those kind of movies because they show the price of war. How the veterans change. Those kind of movies tend to be storytelling at it's very best.

Elijah Wood is one of my favorite actors/voice actors. I first saw his work in Spyro: A New Beginning. He did an amazing job while he was in the Spyro franchise. From there, I followed his other works.

I wanted to see that.

I see enough of that here. (I live in a city with quite a few military places. Air force, army, etc.) I've had quite a few friends in the army over the years. Several who ended up in Iraq. I don't like the reminders of movies.

I thought all the actors were good, but Gandalf will always be my favorite.

I don't know anybody in the army, so that's most likely why I don't know what you're feeling.

I hate Lord of the Rings. It's one of the few movies/games with Elijah Wood that I don't like. I might take a second look at them, since my mother had all 3 of them here, but I doubt my opinion will change.

I wasn't a big fan of the transformers movie, to me they were just 2 hour noisefests

To me, both of them were great. Full of action, but a big lack of storytelling. It fills all the stereotypes of a standard summer blockbuster that you can't help but enjoy because of the action.

I read the Lord of the Rings books after I saw the movies, so I'm waiting on the third book.

Most often, the movies just aren't anywhere near as good as the books. Like what they did to Clive Cussler's Sahara. They butchered it so much, it was almost unrecognizable. (But that's because I've read every book he's published since he started in the 70s.)

The plot wasn't very good but they made up for it with amazing graphics. =D

Exactly. I hated how they focused more on the humans more than the giant robots that the movies are named after.

Most often, the movies just aren't anywhere near as good as the books. Like what they did to Clive Cussler's Sahara. They butchered it so much, it was almost unrecognizable. (But that's because I've read every book he's published since he started in the 70s.)

Try to note that they have to take some things out from the books so the movie isn't too long. If it's too long, most people aren't going to sit through it.

And that's why Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was split into 2 parts...............unfortunately Twilight: Breaking Dawn is doing the same thing.

But I laugh at why Twilight is doing that, since the ending is one of the worst endings I've ever seen in books. They all get superpowers, then just talk for the final 70 pages of the book. What the heck!?

And people wonder why I hate this Twilight.

Try to note that they have to take some things out from the books so the movie isn't too long. If it's too long, most people aren't going to sit through it.

I wasn't even talking about story line.

In Sahara, they butchered the characters. The main character, that's been developed over 30 years, is known most by his pitch black hair and bright green eyes. And they picked Matthew whats-his-name. And the main character's side kick, in the books, is a burly Italian. In the movie, it was a tiny little redhead. It was so wrong for people who have grown to love the characters over the years.

There was a movie based off of Jeffery Deaver's The Bone Collector. One of the characters was a middle aged snotty British butler type. They cast Queen Latifa for it. Or the other character, was an Irish guy. Denzel Washington got the part in the movie. <_<

I wasn't even talking about story line.

Oh, my mistake.

But my mini-rant still stands as such in case anyone complains about how movies strip the book of parts of the story.

Oh, yeah I agree. But that, I understand. It's when they really mess with things, like I mentioned. The same thing happened with that TV series they made from one of Terry Goodkind's series. It horrified true fans.

I just think they need to put more effort into book to movies. The fans of the books, have all these ideas, then they get crushed.

Clive Cussler was unhappy with what they did to his book/movie, he refused to give permission for a sequel.

Another of my favorite series, by Matthew Reilly, would make awesome movies, but I'd be too afraid they'd ruin it.

I <3 movies!

Especially those action ones with a proper plot.

But I hate anything that was animated that was then turned live action.

I actually don't really like action movies, to much action...I think it may be one of the few things in life that proves I'm a girl seeing as I secretly really enjoy romance movies :wub_anim:

But I saw transformers and there was so much action and flying around camera angles and explosions and such that I got a confused and then got a migraine. So yeah, I didn't really enjoy it.

I only liked the fact that they used Peter Cullen for the Transformers films and that was really all I liked about it.

I just think they need to put more effort into book to movies. The fans of the books, have all these ideas, then they get crushed.

Once again, that is why Deathly Hallows and (unfortunately) Breaking Dawn are both in 2 parts. So all the ideas can be fit in.

But yet people STILL find a reason to complain. "Ugh! Why does it have to be 2 parts?! Now I gotta spend money on 2 tickets!!!"

You finally get what you've wanted for years, and you're still not satisfied. If this is the case, then DON'T BOTHER WITH THE MOVIES.

I actually don't really like action movies, to much action...I think it may be one of the few things in life that proves I'm a girl seeing as I secretly really enjoy romance movies :wub_anim:

I tend to follow more of the Action, Superhero (yes that's a genre), Science Fiction, Documentary, and Comedy, But I can watch any genre and find at least 1 movie that I like from it.

But I hate anything that was animated that was then turned live action.

So I'm guessing that you don't like the Batman movies? Because while they do follow the comic books, some of them actually are more based off the original animated series.

But I saw transformers and there was so much action and flying around camera angles and explosions and such that I got a confused and then got a migraine. So yeah, I didn't really enjoy it.

I secretly enjoy watching romance movies t-

Oh, er, uh, I mean, I only watch movies with an average of one explosion per minute.

-nervous cough- You all read nothing. :shiftyeyes_smiley:

Oh, er, uh, I mean, I only watch movies with an average of one explosion per minute.

There really isn't anything wrong with that. I personally don't like romances. Several people don't. But that shouldn't discourage you.

I secretly like reading cheesy romantic novels t- ;)

:laughingsmiley:

Fail smiley. :shiftyeyes_anim:

I don't think I have anything to hide

So I'm guessing that you don't like the Batman movies? Because while they do follow the comic books, some of them actually are more based off the original animated series.

I don't like the Batman movies... for unknown reasons. I just don't like them.

I like the animated series though.

I perfectly understand Batman Forever and Batman & Robin. Those movies are terrible, and the latter of which is actually one of the worst movies of all time.

Batman 1, Batman Returns were cool. I haven't seen the Adam West Batman movie. Batman Begins was alright. And The Dark Knight tops my list as the greatest film of all time.

We got to movies when a new member asked what movies to rent from Neflix. I should get my Neflix account back. So many movies I want to see.

dark knight, greatest film of all time? i don't know

That's my opinion. Here's my list of the best movies, in no order, taken from a few pages back:

The Dark Knight (this is the top of the list, no matter what)

Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith

Indiana Jones (not sure which one)

Spiderman 2

Jurassic Park

iRobot

The Benchwarmers

Yes Man

The Blind Side

E.T. The Extra Terristrial

Schiendler's List (forgot how to spell his name)

Note that it's not possible for me to see EVERY movie. But I've seen SEVERAL in my lifetime to make this list of my favorites.