Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

but you'd wear special glasses, and only yourself would be able to see...

it would be projected on to you glasses.

The 3DS can project 3D WITHOUT the glasses, and that's coming out in less than a year. I'm pretty sure that in a thousand years EVERYONE can do that.

Hmmm. Maybe I'm anti-change, but I like computers/the internet the way it is.

ANTI-CHANGE ALERT!

CAV: you already told us about that, and I'm saving up to get one now.

Yes I know I told you that. So why are you mentioning 3D glasses in a thousand years, when there's something that allows us to do the same thing without them?

We will have LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG moved on from 3D glasses.

O hai Ryan. Teleportation will take a long time, but it isn't imposssible.

Well maybe, we'll of invented something to lengthen the life of a human.

And we'll all be living on different planets, yet still just a few seconds away.

Edit: And CAV: I meant personal 3d glasses that would project an image from the lense viewable to the person looking through them only...

or maybe they'll be contacts.

Edit: And CAV: I meant personal 3d glasses that would project an image from the lense viewable to the person looking through them only...

or maybe they'll be contacts.

Contacts. They will be contacts.

And we are overpopulating the Earth because we are already making the lifespan of humans longer. So....yeah....

Yes, to the point that there's humans on every square foot of the universe. That's too much young sir.

And some people might prefer glasses. Or maybe, even as Spritzie said, some will still be on computers.

ANTI-CHANGE THOUGHTS!!!

A haiku:

Christopher AV

Please do not leave us here now.

We would miss you so.

A limerick:

There once was a man, CAV,

Who needed to leave, don't you see.

But his friends begged and pleaded

Their advice he did head it

And now that man stays and we're pleased!

Edit: I changed the limerick because it was wrong. Now it's just bad.

Regarding the earlier topic of those new technologies, I'm just gonna say, realistically, we're not going to see any of that stuff in our lifetimes. We have practically nothing on teleportation at the moment (we can only transfer information, not matter) and computer's are not going to be getting that small (and if they did, they'd probably suck - plus it'd involve nanotechnology, which most scientists have deemed impractical)

No I'm not saying like the next generation might see it. I'm talking maybe 500-1000 years down the line before we get close to stuff like that.

And actually, colonizing the moon or Mars isn't very popular. The problem with the moon is that it has no atmosphere and it doesn't rotate on an axis. Along with that, it rotates around the Earth, not the sun, so you couldn't have day or night the way you normally would.

The problem with Mars is that it doesn't have an atmosphere either. The whole place is pretty much just barren rock. They (as in National Geographic) estimated that it would take 100,000 years just to set up the conditions for our most resilient flora. It would take much longer for us to introduce fauna, and then later begin colonizing. It's not something we'll ever see.