Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Don't get me wrong. There are more terrible things that happened in US history. But 9/11 is the worst attack on US soil in history.

So no. Nothing happened that is worse than 9/11.

I agree with you cav I think the world trade center was the worse attack ever were still surrerng from that accak I hope our trops can come home soon

It did lead to a war, didn't it?

Yes it lead to a war. But was there a war going on during the attacks? No. The war didn't start until after.

because nobody knows that peace and non violence are the way to settle conflicts, not extreme bloodshed

Quoted.

Anyone else notice the jump in gas prices yesterday?

I was in 3rd grade when It happened, they turned on the tv and I seen it live. Teachers were crying, I didn't believe it was real I thought maybe we were watching a movie. My grandma picked me up and it turns out that someone had robbed her house when she was gone all day. They never caught the culprit.

I didn't pay attention to the gas prices. I do remember the crazy prices and lines at gas stations, right after it happened.

Let's see... in 2001, I would have been... 16. I wasn't at school. I remember waking up to a message from my sister's friend and my grandma, telling us to turn on the TV. We saw the replays and my sister started crying. She was pretty sure the world was ending. And we had to call my dad, because he was off work, and on his way to ride his bike on some trails on the local Air Force base.

I don't pay attention to the gas prices unless they make a HUGE jump.

My grandma picked me up and it turns out that someone had robbed her house when she was gone all day. They never caught the culprit.

That's terrible. I'm sorry.

It did lead to a war, didn't it?

The US isn't at war with anyone. If it was war, things would be completely different. Most people don't understand exactly what war is.

We're at war. Technically, we're not, because Senate didn't declare it, but it's still war.

The Senate hasn't declared war since WWII.

The thing that bothers me the most about this whole thing is the anti-Muslim mentality that developed because of it. Once, there were twp Muslim women both dressed in a chador and a hijab. They had "briefcases" on their laps (which ended up just being purses) and one was texting throughout the whole movie. Some people freaked out because they thought those two women were terrorists planning to bomb the theater or something. Their actions were extremely suspicious, after all </sarcasm>

The thing that bothers me the most about this whole thing is the anti-Muslim mentality that developed because of it. Once, there were twp Muslim women both dressed in a chador and a hijab. They had "briefcases" on their laps (which ended up just being purses) and one was texting throughout the whole movie. Some people freaked out because they thought those two women were terrorists planning to bomb the theater or something. Their actions were extremely suspicious, after all </sarcasm>

See, that is stupid. The terrorists did a terrible thing, but that doesn't mean that all Muslim people are terrorists. That is where people took it TOO far. I have Muslim neighbors, and they're very nice. What, we're going to fear them now too?

Yes, don't you know they're planning to blow up your neighborhood? /heavy sarcasm

I agree, Will. The anti-Muslim thing is ridiculous. But that's human nature for you. One attacks, all are suspect. Different is dangerous.

Too many people have been innactive lately, me being one of them. :crying:

Same here. Dad will be taking away my laptop, and he will be disconnecting my games for the week because of school.

*playing Brawl*

Seriously?

-calls ice cream shop-

Do you have moose tracks there?

-silence on other end of line then a click-

Hello?

Aw, that sucks. D:

TYLER YOU BETTER NOT BE GONE TOO! D:

We aren't like picking up moose tracks out of the ground and eating them. :P

That's what I pictured in my head. xD