Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

I know it does look so real. But since I haven't seen it in the skyline, it obviously isn't done.

I went to the construction site a few months ago. I think they reached the 3 floor of construction. I can't tell much since they have this huge wall covering what they are doing. And since it's near the river, the wind was stronger, and dirt kept flying in my face. So I had to leave.

They also rebuilt the train station that was under the World Trade Center. Progress is in progress. :yes:

That's neat that things are getting rebuilt. The new building looks pretty neat.

I've never been to NYC.

I like where I live - lots of people, but things are spread out. I bet Colorado is similar. I like the convenience of many stores, restaurants, and all the other interesting stuff there is with a lot of people here.

EDIT:

According to Wikipedia, there are 4.3 million people here. Oh and I live in a "suburb," but it's really more of a city all its own.

It depends where in Colorado. Denver seems huge, because it has tons of small cities around it, with no space. Where I live, it's fairly well packed in. The residential areas are slowing spreading north, south and east. (West isn't an option because of the mountains.)

I couldn't find any footage of the first hit but...

Wow, that's so sad. :(

They're building a bigger one? =/

Great! Why not just build a building so big it'll take 2 planes to destroy next time. -rolls eyes-

the freedom tower, if it's only for America, and not for the World, then I think it's safe

on a totally random and unrelated note

I wish I had a super epic theme song play whenever I walked into a room and then doves would fly from behind me

Your chances of ever becoming a ninja would be squashed too :sad01_anim:

Why are they building a bigger building? Kinda as an act of defiance. Showing that we're confident enough that we're never gonna let something like that happen again.

They're building a bigger one? =/

Great! Why not just build a building so big it'll take 2 planes to destroy next time. -rolls eyes-

I actually thought of that. But it's being re-enforced with about 3 times the steel that the original buildings had, so it would be MUCH harder to knock down.

Why are they building a bigger building? Kinda as an act of defiance. Showing that we're confident enough that we're never gonna let something like that happen again.

It also shows that America doesn't dwell on things for too long. And it shows that we have the strenth to move on. The last thing we need is to do nothing, and make the terrorists think that they beat America.

I think that a memorial is a great idea, but that's just ridiculous. It's like whenever your friend is a jerk and knocks over your huge lego building, so you build it back up again, and he breaks it again just to see you get mad. It's begging for a bombing. I'm never setting foot within 5 blocks of that memorial until we've made peace with the middle east or broke up Al Qaeda.

The fact that NYU is within decent range of the site is turning me away from them.

I'm not quite sure it's the same thing though. I mean, say a jerk destroys your lego set, and you rebuild it. But this time, you lock the door and have an armed bodyguard standing right behind it to stop the jerk from coming in in the first place.

They won't be able to pull a bombing like 9/11 again. They changed the structure of airplanes so the pilots can lock themselves in the cockpit and the doors aren't something you'll be able to get through without high-grade explosives, which you probably won't have on a plane. That way, nobody can take control of a plane again.

I'm not quite sure it's the same thing though. I mean, say a jerk destroys your lego set, and you rebuild it. But this time, you lock the door and have an armed bodyguard standing right behind it to stop the jerk from coming in in the first place.

They won't be able to pull a bombing like 9/11 again. They changed the structure of airplanes so the pilots can lock themselves in the cockpit and the doors aren't something you'll be able to get through without high-grade explosives, which you probably won't have on a plane. That way, nobody can take control of a plane again.

This, and the fact that the building is more re-enforced with tons more steel shows that we are more prepared than ever. They will not knock it down.

Peace with the Middle East? The day that happens is the day I stop looking into the stars (which is never).

Well even if it is reinforced with tons more steel, I'm sure a plane could knock it down.

Haha and yes, that's why I want to be the bus person. He's like the kind of guy who wins the lottery on his first draw xD

Who says that the pilot won't be a terrorist?

Just because the tower won't come down, doesn't mean that it cant get severely damaged. For example, if a plane dive-bombed the 1st and 2nd stories, making it impossible to escape...yet...still standing.

Haters gonna hate.

Who says that the pilot won't be a terrorist?

Just because the tower won't come down, doesn't mean that it cant get severely damaged. For example, if a plane dive-bombed the 1st and 2nd stories, making it impossible to escape...yet...still standing.

Haters gonna hate.

Think what you wish Noog. But the US government is doing whatever it takes to make sure that nothing like 9/11 ever happens again.

End of story...