Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

You know, I don't know. What is alternative rock alternative to? And why is it the alternative? Why isn't the alternative to alternati- I'm not going to finish that question. xS

I mostly like rock. Rock and roll, soft rock, alternative Christian rock, and a little bit of hard rock. I also like techno.

I never got into the boy band thing. Probably because all my friends were into it and I tend to go against the social flow. b)

I don't really listen to rock-and-roll. It all sounds the same to me xP. Same with techno. But I do listen to some Christian rock.

Personally, I never got the boy band thing either :P

Alternative Rock is...different, I guess. Pop-rock, some "screamo", and techno rock fit into the category. I'm watching the alternative music channel on TV right now. The current song is "Here it goes again" by Ok Go.

Everyone knows that the best music is Rock and "Screamo". I would say the same thing that CAV said, except he linked to a really bad example of lyrics.

EDIT: CCM pwns too.

I never understood screamo. Seriously, I can't understand the lyrics :laughingsmiley:

Alternative is a huge category. I can't just listen to random alternative music, because I know there'll be some I don't like.

Everyone knows that the best music is Rock and "Screamo". I would say the same thing that CAV said, except he linked to a really bad example of lyrics.

I'll give you rock, but I must contest screamo. I hear plenty of loud voices at school. I don't need more yelling in my music.

I don't know, I guess you have to either scream yourself or just listen to it a lot. Eventually you get used to it and everything sounds clear as day.

My favorite band at the moment is CCM/alternative though.

I personally listen to everything

Rock, Alternative, Soft Rock, Hard Rock, "Screamo", Electronic, Techno, Trance, Symphonic Metal, some Power Metal and Heavy Metal, Reggae, some Rap and R&B, some Pop, some Country

I personally listen to everything

Rock, Alternative, Soft Rock, Hard Rock, "Screamo", Electronic, Techno, Trance, Symphonic Metal, some Power Metal and Heavy Metal, some Country

I listen to this stuff too. Along with Nu Metal, which is Disturbed, Nine Inch Nails, Alien Ant Farm, and Linkin Park (their old stuff is Nu Metal).

Noog, would you mind me asking what CCM is?

Sounds like CCM is an Alternative band.

I also like alternative. And techno.

CCM isn't a band. It's a genre. CCM=Contemporary Christian Music

@Tyler If there's one genre outside of rap that I can't stand, it's reggae.

I mean, I don't think I'd be particularly happy for anyone to die, so it's not like I could say that I wasn't even a little bit sorry.

His only song that I really care for is Thriller, and I don't like it for the song, I like it for the video.

Ohh! Well in that case, I like CCM too! (Thank you for asking Will. I didn't want to appear silly. :P)

I'm not a big fan of rap. It's not something you can play in your head, because there isn't a tune. And when I listen to music, I want MUSIC. Not just someone talking rhythmically.

I listen to this stuff too. Along with Nu Metal, which is Disturbed, Nine Inch Nails, Alien Ant Farm, and Linkin Park (their old stuff is Nu Metal).

I guess there are some Nu metal bands I like then

I didn't really like Reggae at first, but I've grown to like it

Music discussions now, eh?

I really only listen to rock, maybe some metal. I really despise rap and country. I just hate the way it sounds. :mellow:

One of my favorite bands is Within Temptaion. They're a sort of gothic rock band and their songs are always amazing. 8D

All this stuff is completely beyond me. :P I can talk plenty about music players and formats and codecs and stuff, but I'm rather clueless when it comes to the actual music. xD