Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Really? Swine flu really isn't that bad. I had it too :P

It just felt like the normal flu. Doctors told me it was really similar to Type A Influenza.

And the school still had me get vaccinated for it (well, everyone got vaccinated), even though I didn't need it :laughingsmiley:

Wait, you've had Malaria?!? :O

And you think it's no big deal and not as bad as swine flu?

Seriously, the swine flu scare was ridiculous. It was never a big deal, just a strain of the flu virus that we didn't have a vaccine for. Other than that, it's basically just like the flu. In fact, it's not even as bad as the worst type of the flu. And because of that scare, we now have hundred of millions of vaccines that are just taking up space.

I've never had the normal flu before, so I don't know if the swine strand was worse, but yes, I did feel that bad.

The swine flu vaccinations are actually more hurtful than helpful. It's better just to man up to it.

Wait, you've had Malaria?!? :O

And you think it's no big deal and not as bad as swine flu?

Yes, I did suffer from Malaria. :yes: Doctor told me that it was going to be okay, so I listened to him. I had to run from home to hospital, back and forth. It was quite of an experience.

I have been through many diseases, but the most annoying was conjunctivitis. <_<

Conjucti what? XD I've never heard of that before.

The only serious thing I've had besides swine flu was a particularly bad asthma attack when I was 7 or so. I had to stay in the hospital for 2 nights.

I didn't get the vac for Swine Flu, like Noog said. It was better not to.

I've never had common things. Like when I was 11... I got a blood disorder/immune disorder, known as HSP, for short. I got it fairly mild, small bumps... though painful. And they didn't scar. But it could have been massively worse.

The worst i've ben hit with wa a really bad flu where I could barely sit up for more than 5 min without throwing up. This went on for a week and by the time I was better I had like forgotten how to walk or something. I kept falling over because I had walked so little during this and my legs were really weak. xD

Whaaat? :O You guys don't know about conjunctivitis? Its a disease where your eyes become all red, and hurt a lot. :sad01_anim: I was barely able to open mine.

No, I've never even heard of that.

Strangely, I did not throw up when I had the swine flu. Although I probably didn't because I had nothing to throw up.

@Anisha

Ouch, that sounds quite painful. Sorry you had to go through that. :(

Hii Ryan! :D

It was painful, like someone was pinching your eye. I didn't go to school for 2 weeks, it was highly contagious.

When i'm sick, I eat nothing but toast. No idea why. xD

TOAST? :sick01: I couldn't imagine eating something so hard while I have a stomach virus/the flu. The only thing that I can eat when I'm sick is yogurt or something similar.

Although some people, especially health nuts, consider drinking a large smoothie as eating a meal. I LOVE SMOOTHIES :D

*and again the topic goes back to food. XD

Dear friends that don't know what conjunctivitis is, here it is commonly called pink eye. PS I am not feeling particularly well today so it is rather amusing that this is the current subject.

There we go. XD That makes sense.

I like strawberry banana smoothies :D I like making my own homemade strawberry.

Hello Anisha. ^^

Ouch, sorry about that, but the not going to school part sounds fun atleast. xD

NO FOOD CHAT ON THE HOP! xD

I dun like smoothies. Never have. o.o

Bleh, going to a D-backs game today with a friend but i'd rather stay here. Dx