Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Yes CAV, undeveloped babies are definitely not animals <_<

Vegans don't even eat anything that animals create/produce, such as milk or honey.

How could you not eat cheese. Cheese is amazing. I wouldn't mind not eating honey or milk. Ick.

I learned how to ride a bike today :D

Vegetarians don't eat meat. (Me.) Vegans don't eat anything produced by animals. That includes meat, milk, eggs. (Tyler.) Then there are branches of vegetarianism like lacto-vegetarians that eat dairy but not eggs. And ovo-vegetarians that eat eggs but no dairy.

EDIT: Noog, I've actually never known a vegan who had a problem with honey. Or maybe the subject just never came up.

EDIT 2: Way to go, Rawr!

Nope, breakfast mexican food is the best food ever. I could eat it for the rest of my life ♥

I totally agree! I LOVE breakfast Mexican food. mmmmmmmmmm. You're making me hungry.

I like eggs. Omelettes are good. I like them with green chilies and cheese, or whatever leftovers we have.

My dad makes really good French toast. Oh and my grandma makes the best banana bread ever. I only like hers.

Vegans are the ones who do take it that far. Vegetarians are the ones who don't. Learn yo terms! >=O

Personally, I'm more of a lacto-vegetarian; I don't much like eggs because they're basically un-formed animals. And because I've just never liked them. Though I do occasionally splurge on peanutbutter omelettes. (Again, better than they sound.)

I agree that vegans take it too far, but I think that eating an egg is like forcing a chicken to have an abortion.

Wow, I think so much like a vegetarian that I surprise even myself. I'd never give up meat though. Mmmm...meat. And eggs too, in the right mexican dish :P

@CAV A vegan is a type. There's several different types. One off of the top of my head is Lacto-ovo.

It just seems like everyone's becoming a vegetarian these days. I know a lot of people who do for what they believe in, a lot of people do it for health issues, and a lot of people who do it because someone famous or someone they idolize is doing it. It kinda seems like it's becoming a trend.

It only took me 10 years to learn how to ride a bike <_<

Oh, speaking of meat, guess what mum got me today? Vegetarian bacon! :P I can't wait to try it. It sounds ridiculous. Surprisingly, the meatless chicken nuggets she got tasted a lot like what I remember chicken nuggets tasting like.

EDIT: Don't worry Rawr. It took me 17 years and counting. :D

I did it for health and to pacify my environmental tendencies. Also for how much avoiding meat reduces your footprint on the environment. It's astonishing.

EDIT 2: If you'll notice, Noog, I already explained the Lacto-ovo vegetarians. :P

I agree that vegans take it too far, but I think that eating an egg is like forcing a chicken to have an abortion.

Remember that chickens lay a lot of eggs in their lifetime. I'm sure that at least a couple of eggs are spared. If not, then I have no comment.

Remember that chickens lay a lot of eggs in their lifetime. I'm sure that at least a couple of eggs are spared. If not, then I have no comment.

That's like saying, OH, you already have a couple of children, it's okay if this one is still born.

EDIT: Livvy, you must be the forum member that is Lacto-ovo then. I remember that someone here is Lacto-ovo, but I think about it because I have 2 other friends who are Lacto-ovo.

Even if I do become a vegetarian one day, I will never eat any tofu or meat replacement substance :sick02:

Why not? Tofu is great! Well, properly prepared tofu is great. I had this wonderful grilled chicken tofu that tasted EXACTLY like chicken, and that was when I was just starting so I still remembered what chicken tastes like. And boca burgers are, in my opinion, better than regular burgers.

Health and my love for animals would probably be what would cause me to become a vegetarian. I'm a very athletic person and i love junk food so that's my problem haha.

But i need protein and I hate beans. So i'll stick with my meat :)

But i need protein and I hate beans. So i'll stick with my meat :)

Nuts. They're amazing. :yes:

Also, animal protein is entirely unnecessary in the quantities we eat it in. Protein is necessary, but animal protein doesn't really agree with the body.

Not that I'm telling you to become vegetarian, of course. A year ago I wouldn't have even considered it. :P

I only like almonds and walnuts haha.

I didn't even know that! Thank you for the little fact.

My stupid Foods teacher would've never told my class this.

Noog, you're not stopping me from eating eggs.

I don't want to stop you from eating eggs or anything else. Nor, do I want you to take my point of view. I just want it understood. :)

Then CAV, don't become a vegetarian. You'd die.

I had a week-long class on sustainability that turned into a week long listen-to-a-former-hippie-talk-about-veganism-and-assorted-health-facts. It was interesting, but not what we were supposed to be learning. :P