Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

I agree wholeheartedly with Spritzie!

Otherwise, we'd have to address how we're getting there, and the time as well, and that's not the point.

Plus, I'm working on becoming a scientist, so I have a say in these things. :yes:

^This.

Stop trying to be so serious. (Where have I heard that line before?)

I said that. And you're acting serious, because it seems as though you can't take a joke.

Okay. New travel requirement:

Check your scientific knowledge at the door.

Are you saying I'm stupid?

Scientific knowledge is all well and good, but there's no need to keep it for this. We'll figure out a way to quilt on Saturn and Jupiter and Uranus. As Spritzie said, we're clever quiltin' girls.

CAV, all I was saying was, we all know that we were teasing with our traveling the planets, and we were having fun with it. Then you started telling us we couldn't visit certain ones. (For logical reasons, but that's not the point) It took some of the fun away.

And I wasn't saying you were stupid. I was saying, ignore what you know about science and the planets. Enjoy the idea of visiting planets that you scientifically couldn't.

^

Not to be confused with a magic carpet.

And we scientifically couldn't visit any of the planets, if you want to be technical.

What about Venus? We'd die there as well.

CAV, all I was saying was, we all know that we were teasing with our traveling the planets, and we were having fun with it. Then you started telling us we couldn't visit certain ones. (For logical reasons, but that's not the point) It took some of the fun away.

And I wasn't saying you were stupid. I was saying, ignore what you know about science and the planets. Enjoy the idea of visiting planets that you scientifically couldn't.

Sorry, but I'm trying to be realistic.

And I thought when you said that you were saying to check your answers before going on the journey, and I figured you were saying that I was wrong.

Yes we'd die due to the heat of Venus. AWW DANG I DID IT AGAIN!!

Sorry, but I'm trying to be realistic.

And I thought when you said that you were saying to check your answers before going on the journey, and I figured you were saying that I was wrong.

No no. I love astronomy as well. I know you're right. We were trying to have fun, and NOT be realistic. That was the point of this. Remember your welcome rule, not to be too serious? That's what we were doing.

haha, I brought that up. We're just messing around, you know, like when little kids play games. Except we're big little kids. It's good to exercise the imagination sometimes, I think. :yes:

I like astronomy and sciency-things in general too. Sometimes it's nice not to consider it though. I'm around a lot of people that take things too seriously, so this is fun for me.

EDIT:

And, no, I'm not saying that you're too serious and not fun. I didn't mean to imply that. I'm talking about people at school/work.

No no. I love astronomy as well. I know you're right. We were trying to have fun, and NOT be realistic. That was the point of this. Remember your welcome rule, not to be too serious? That's what we were doing.

See, NOW I understand.

This is our first stop: 800px-WMAP_2010.png

I've always been big into the space stuff. (Big technical term, right there) I used to have screen names like Solar Storm, and such. (I also LOVE meteorology.) I also had sns like Tornadic, Cyclonicblast.

I had to take a history of science/philosophy class that was kinda crazy because we had to pretend like we were in the time period we were studying at the time. We had to pretend that everything revolved around the Earth for a while. It was a relief when we finally got to Kepler!

I have too. When I was a baby, I had glow in the dark stars, moons, comets, and astroids on the ceiling. I did whatever I could to learn whatever I needed, and I want to be an Astronomer.

I still have glow in the dark stars on my wall. :*

The IC used to have nonsense conversations like that all the time. You can't just go around injecting logic into random conversations. Lighten up. :laughingsmiley:

I did to! I had glow in the dark planets and stars all over my room and my room light. I had a hard time getting them on the ceiling because my room had a popcorn ceiling (now gone!) so I hung the planets from strings and attached them to the ceiling. My ceiling light was the Sun.

Everyone tells me I should have done different things. Law school, web design, computer coding. But I always said I was never passionate enough about those things to do it. Then an old friend says, "Why didn't you pursue meteorology?"

My reply was: "Why didn't you mention that to me 3 years ago???"

My biggest thing is weather.

I still have glow in the dark stars on my wall. :*

I had them on my ceiling up until 3 years ago, when I was 10. Even though I somewhat objected, my parents made me take them off while they were redecorating my room. The stars are in a bucket somewhere...

My mom wanted to be a meterologist when she was growing up. She used to predict the weather. My dad and I got her this device that you mount on the roof. It has an electronic component in the house that we can use to measure all the weather conditions and predict the weather.

My mom wanted to be a meterologist when she was growing up. She used to predict the weather. My dad and I got her this device that you mount on the roof. It has an electronic component in the house that we can use to measure all the weather conditions and predict the weather.

That sounds pretty cool.

But isn't the topic our space journey?