Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

My mom got me and my sister these books. Mine was Amateur Meteorologist. My sister's was Amateur Geologist.

My sister loved Geology. We both used to go on Geology trips with a college professor. She wanted to go to the School of Mines, which an amazing college here. It would have been her dream to study geology there. Instead, she got married at 20, and barely finished a 2 yr computer programing degree.

(Lesson: Boys are trouble.) :laughingsmiley:

Haha, I like that lesson, Spritzie. ;) No offense to you, lurking-Will. You're not trouble. :D

It's a good lesson all girls should be taught early, before they find out the hard way. But of course, there are exceptions. :yes:

Guys, don't start the space journey without me!! I'll be back online in about half an hour. Just hang on please!

Let's wait til tomorrow. I gotta go now. And we need our rest before we attempt a feat like that.

Woo! Glad I can be a guy and not be trouble at the same time :P

And hey, marriage isn't a one-sided agreement, y'know ;)

Astronomy is an interesting topic, though I never thought of it as being that important. Information of extraterrestrial bodies just seems useless at this point.

Woo! Glad I can be a guy and not be trouble at the same time :P

And hey, marriage isn't a one-sided agreement, y'know ;)

Astronomy is an interesting topic, though I never thought of it as being that important. Information of extraterrestrial bodies just seems useless at this point.

You're a lucky one. Not many get to be a guy, and not trouble.

Depends on the marriage I guess. Unfortunately.

And... it is interesting. It's fun to learn and read about. And it's all pretty. :)

I got so excited when my uncle showed me Saturn with a telescope. (Saturn has always been my favorite.)

I don't really care about astronomy. It's something that (supposedly) could never end, because the universe won't. Besides, we have so much earth trouble right now and you want to study Andromeda? We need to save the earth before we look into the stars.

I actually don't even play Neopets that much anymore :P

I don't know, a lot of stuff you see in space is rather irrelevant considering the farthest man's ever made it was the moon. And everything we observe is outdated even before we see it.

But it's fun. Even if just a break from earth's troubles. We all need to relax a bit, sometimes away from Neopets.

That's why we use a different world, far far away from Earth and Neopia.

A World....of Warcraft.

World of Warcraft is not an acceptable retreat! My 9th grade crush forgot about me for World of Warcraft. :crying: (He really did. Looking at it now, it was definitely a sign. :P )

Besides, we have enough earth problems already. We don't need to imagine more. ;)

Hey, WoW is a legitimate game as long as you don't forget about real life. I have lots of friends who are like SUPER GODLY on WoW who I never would have guessed played it. They love the game but balance a great social life.

Will (not this Will, the Will who was my crush freshman year) isn't one of those people. :P

Planet Bob?

EDIT: *wikipedias Titan A.E.* Huh. That actually sounds kind of interesting.

It was a great film, and as I understand it it's failure was mainly due to poor marketing. I should try to dig it up sometime. :yes:

It's not all about aliens.

I don't really care about astronomy. It's something that (supposedly) could never end, because the universe won't. Besides, we have so much earth trouble right now and you want to study Andromeda? We need to save the earth before we look into the stars.

We need escape from the problems of the earth, and looking away from it is a good way of doing this.

But it's fun. Even if just a break from earth's troubles. We all need to relax a bit, sometimes away from Neopets.

Like what I just said.

A World....of Warcraft.

Oh god no...

It's not all about aliens.

I believe by 'extraterrestrial bodies' Will was referring to structures (i.e. planets, stars, etc.) and not life. :P