Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

*raises hand* Guilty Sim addict right here. It has stolen many, many hours of my precious young life. (And I regret none of it! Nonnnne!)

I have mixed feelings about the 3rd game so far. I feel like it lacks the ability to make a great HUGE story of multiple families, even though it adds a lot of great new features. The 2nd and all its wacky expansion packs will always be my fave, I suppose. (Going back to the 1st ones is hysterical. I was even MORE addicted to the first one when I was younger, oddly enough. Oh, the massive Harry Potter neighborhoods that I made... *shakes head*)

My parents wont let me get The Sims cause of the 'babies' they are afraid it might 'show something' <_<

lol, they try for babies, but any nudity in the game (showers and such, I think you can also streak?) is completely censored. It is impossible for there to be any because there wasn't any drawn by the artists.

However, you can draw your own game components in photoshop and share them via "the exchange". Hence most games adding the fact that they can't put a rating on anything you get online.

lol, they try for babies, but any nudity in the game (showers and such, I think you can also streak?) is completely censored. It is impossible for there to be any because there wasn't any drawn by the artists.

I'm gonna run that by them. I have really wanted to try this game for a long time now! :laughingsmiley:

True true, and yeah they can go streaking with the Sims 2 University addition. Everything is blurred and under the blur is "Barbiedoll anatomy" (AKA: none).

The most adult the game gets is probably just the kissing. The "WooHoo"ing is never seen.

(Plus, calling it WooHoo! is just hilarious. I'd like to sit in the board meeting when they discussed that one.)

Well Sims 2 is probably really cheap now with the 3rd one out. I don't think they sell the 1st in retail stores anymore, just online. (I wouldn't suggest that anyway for a first timer, it's too limited.)

Personally I would go with the 2nd, but if you want updated graphics and whatnot go with the 3rd. It's hard to explain the difference to someone who hasn't played it before but the in the Sims 2 you can readily focus on one household at a time, whereas in the Sims 3 all the houses merge and play in realtime.

Sims 3 has better customization in making a character without having to download online content (which can be timeconsuming). It also has a lot more social interactions in the base game. Building houses is a LOT easier in the Sims 3. But if you have a slow computer it will lag like crazy.

To me, it depends on how well your computer performs. (graphics card, RAM, and your processor.) If you want, I can give you the minumum requirements for Sims 3, but minimum only runs the game on low quality.

Sims 2 is a very safe bet. It will work on more computers than 3, and it's probably cheaper now, or in a bundle.

My computer is only just over a year or two old, speed difference is no problem. But from what you two say, I should probably try 2 before even attempting 3. :yes:

If you do get the 2nd one, I would suggest getting the Double Deluxe pack.

http://www.amazon.com/Sims-2-Double-Deluxe-Pc/dp/B001444IN6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1279170547&sr=8-1

It's less than 20 dollars, comes with the base game, the Nightlife expansion and extra items. Really good deal.

I've heard of 'rents and I'm older than you! For some reason I picture Will Smith saying it in the Fresh Prince of Bell-Air.

That is probably so inaccurate but the image is there.

I don't know if someone/something else uses it, but I started using it when I got a flip phone, cause I had to switch to text chat cause I dont have a full keyboard anymore :(

How could you guys talk about Sims 2 without me? :laughingsmiley:

I have the game, along with the expansions - Night Life, University, Seasons, Open For Business, Free Time, Bon Voyage, Pets, and stuff packs like Glamor Life, Ikea Home Stuff, Teen Style, H&M fashion, Happy Holiday, and *sigh* what else? I am the biggest Sims 2 fan, ever.

Lulz, i'm 5 hours into my Pokemon Pearl game now and I only have 1 gym badge. I think I overtrain. xDDD

Lulz, I want this game now but by the time I get it we'll be on too a new subject. xDDD

Haha, probably true. I'm not a SIMS fan, don't really know why but it really isn't fun to me, meh oh well. I'm messing around with gimp again and trying out animations this time but I probably should just go clean my room or something...

I've been told I can draw, even though I cant :P But I have always wanted to try making graphic(s) so I'm gonna download it! :yes:

...graphics are like the stuff in your signature right? :worried: