Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Oh, I was talking about a Helix Cartilage piercing, Divya ^^;;

That sounds unfortunately painful. Are you alright?

Yes, I'm fine :) I'm used to the pain. It's almost 2 months since I've had it. & it really isn't painful at all, haha.

Dang. I'd be on the floor in pain if that ever happened to me.

I highly doubt it because I practically have no pain tolerance but it's like nothing to me. But there is one very unfortunate side effect that I go through sometimes.

The mentioning of blood reminds me of my cartilage piercing D:

I tried changing it like an hour ago and it was bleeding >______<;

Cartilage piercings are a pain. (Literally) I currently have 2 in each ear. (I used to have 3 in each, but they wouldn't heal right, so I let them close) I put one earring in, and leave it. (I prefer to do tiny gold hoops. It lets the air in to heal it, and they're cute.)

Cartilage piercings are a pain. (Literally) I currently have 2 in each ear. (I used to have 3 in each, but they wouldn't heal right, so I let them close) I put one earring in, and leave it. (I prefer to do tiny gold hoops. It lets the air in to heal it, and they're cute.)

How did you get yours done? And how long have you had them?

I'm going to be asking a lot of questions, haha, I'm a bit new and very paranoid about this stuff.

I would never pierce my ears. Even if I did, I'd rather gauge them before I pierced through cartilage.

I personally don't like gauges. I got a cartilage piercing as a way of "taking a risk." I'd rather take a risk with a piercing than with love :shrugs: but that's just me.

How did you get yours done? And how long have you had them?

I'm going to be asking a lot of questions, haha, I'm a bit new and very paranoid about this stuff.

I had them all done with a piercing gun at a well known store.

I originally did just my left ear when I was 17. I've had that for roughly 7 years now. No issues with that. I got the matching right one done a few weeks later. It healed fine, but I had to take it out for a CAT scan, and it wouldn't heal. Got it re-pierced when I was 20. (So I've had that for 4 years, still have it with no issues.) Then I got a second set, when I was 21. So basically 4 years, they healed fine.

My 3rd set I got in March of 09. And they started healing, but I was on the phone a lot (which irritated them, so after I changed earrings, they never healed.) so I let them close.

I don't really care for earrings except for the ones on gauges, or the gauges themselves.

The only thing worse than earrings are earrings that are really big and/or heavy.

In my ear lobes, I have 2. I wear small rubies, with a diamond on top. And small Tanzanite with diamonds. Then in the top, I have tiny gold hoops, that are barely noticeable. They're a nice accent.

I had them all done with a piercing gun at a well known store.

I originally did just my left ear when I was 17. I've had that for roughly 7 years now. No issues with that. I got the matching right one done a few weeks later. It healed fine, but I had to take it out for a CAT scan, and it wouldn't heal. Got it re-pierced when I was 20. (So I've had that for 4 years, still have it with no issues.) Then I got a second set, when I was 21. So basically 4 years, they healed fine.

My 3rd set I got in March of 09. And they started healing, but I was on the phone a lot (which irritated them, so after I changed earrings, they never healed.) so I let them close.

I got mine done by gun as well. At first it was swelling up and red for the first week when I used rubbing alcohol but I did a little research and switched to Sea Salt and it went back to normal. I have a bump on the back of my ear though. I had to get a CAT scan too but I didn't take it out because it was freshly done (a week) so I took the chance to mess up my results, haha. I heard it hurts a lot to get it re-pierced. I'm left handed so I got it done on my right ear which I feel is a big mistake :/

Did it hurt a lot to get them done? Oh, are you going to get those re-pierced? I'm planning to get an industrial by needle once I get to college.

Do you know the spiral cartilage earrings?

@CAV - Haha, trying looking at cartilage piercing without an earring. It's just a hole. It gets me a bit queasy to look at sometimes.

@The Mayday Parade - I don't like heavy or big earrings either D: It scares me because I'm afraid it'll be yanked or somethingg.

@Spritzie - Did it hurt to get another piercing on the earlobe?

I got mine done by gun as well. At first it was swelling up and red for the first week when I used rubbing alcohol but I did a little research and switched to Sea Salt and it went back to normal. I have a bump on the back of my ear though. I had to get a CAT scan too but I didn't take it out because it was freshly done (a week) so I took the chance to mess up my results, haha. I heard it hurts a lot to get it re-pierced. I'm left handed so I got it done on my right ear which I feel is a big mistake :/

Did it hurt a lot to get them done? Oh, are you going to get those re-pierced? I'm planning to get an industrial by needle once I get to college.

Do you know the spiral cartilage earrings?

The bump should go away. I had them on a couple of mine, and they went away. I waited 3 years to re-pierce the first one. And it didn't hurt anymore than the first time. I made the mistake (twice) of getting both sides done at once. :laughingsmiley: Talk about having a hard time sleeping.

I hate pain. I have a very low tolerance, but they didn't hurt too bad. The piercing itself wasn't bad. It was the week or two afterwards. They were really sore. Now, none of them bother me at all.

I will probably re-pierce the 3rd set at some point. I want to put small diamonds (from my great-grandma's wedding band) in 1 set, then my tiny hoops in the other 2.

I've seen those. Those are adorable, but I still cringe looking at them. I also like the piercing in that part of cartilage right in front of the ear, but I hear those are one of the most painful ones.

@Spritzie - Did it hurt to get another piercing on the earlobe?

To me, earlobe piercings don't hurt. There's the slight discomfort. But once you've got your cartilage pierced, it's not bad at all.

What Divya said but it appears to already have been taken care of. :yes:

-Dosen't join conversation because he dosen't have anything to mention about earrings and peircings except say that he agrees with CAV and Noog.-

The bump should go away. I had them on a couple of mine, and they went away. I waited 3 years to re-pierce the first one. And it didn't hurt anymore than the first time. I made the mistake (twice) of getting both sides done at once. :laughingsmiley: Talk about having a hard time sleeping.

I hate pain. I have a very low tolerance, but they didn't hurt too bad. The piercing itself wasn't bad. It was the week or two afterwards. They were really sore. Now, none of them bother me at all.

I will probably re-pierce the 3rd set at some point. I want to put small diamonds (from my great-grandma's wedding band) in 1 set, then my tiny hoops in the other 2.

I've seen those. Those are adorable, but I still cringe looking at them. I also like the piercing in that part of cartilage right in front of the ear, but I hear those are one of the most painful ones.

Hahaha, exactly why I didn't get it done at the same time because all my friends were telling me it was going to be painful to sleep on so i decided to get it on one ear at a time. How long did you have your bump? I'm hoping mine isn't a keloid though.

That's how mine was, it was sore but it was bearable. Sometimes I enjoyed the pain, ha, I'm weird.

Aw, that sounds cute :) I heard hoops hurt to put in though and I want to buy a spiral earring but I'm afraid that it might hurt because it looks difficult to put in. I'm assuming you're talking about the rook? I heard it is a bit painful to get done. Do you know what size/gauge your cartilage is?

Thanks Divya :)

Edited by Booimaninja

Hahaha, exactly why I didn't get it done at the same time because all my friends were telling me it was going to be painful to sleep on so i decided to get it on one ear at a time. How long did you have your bump? I'm hoping mine isn't a keloid though.

That's how mine was, it was sore but it was bearable. Sometimes I enjoyed the pain, ha, I'm weird.

Aw, that sounds cute :) I heard hoops hurt to put in though and I want to buy a spiral earring but I'm afraid that it might hurt because it looks difficult to put in. I'm assuming you're talking about the rook? I heard it is a bit painful to get done. Do you know what size/gauge your cartilage is?

I don't remember exactly. If you're concerned, I'd go back to where you had it done, and ask them about it.

I had no idea what they called that. I had a friend who's sister had one. It was cute, but I could never do it. It hurts to think about it. :laughingsmiley: I don't, actually.

I don't remember exactly. If you're concerned, I'd go back to where you had it done, and ask them about it.

I had no idea what they called that. I had a friend who's sister had one. It was cute, but I could never do it. It hurts to think about it. :laughingsmiley: I don't, actually.

I'm scared to ask because my mom would kill me if I actually do have keloid :(

Oh, haha, rooks look super painful because (to me) I could see it THROUGH the skin and you see the opening and stuff like that, eeek.

Do you just buy earrings for it without considering the gauge?

I'm scared to ask because my mom would kill me if I actually do have keloid :(

Oh, haha, rooks look super painful because (to me) I could see it THROUGH the skin and you see the opening and stuff like that, eeek.

Do you just buy earrings for it without considering the gauge?

I didn't need to. I got it pierced, the same size as regular lobe piercings. I kept the earrings they pierced them with, in for about a month, then I replaced them with small hoops. (The hoops were smaller than the original piercing earrings.) And I kept the hoops in from then on.