Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

I am totally addicted to Portal right now. I know I'm a bit late with getting around to playing it, but I didn't own the entire Orange Box, just Half-Life 2. However, Portal was free last weekend from Steam, and now I love it.

Why thank you for your preemptive congratulations! That was very kind of you, CAV. It's wonderful to have finally attained Fantastic Member status.

Whoo-hoo! No more flood control!

ah, everyone's FM now! Spritzie, you post a ton o.o

:laughingsmiley: I know I do. I work long hours, with not alot of time spent doing active work, so I spend a ton of time on here when I'm at work. I'm not on that much when I'm not at work.

I hit FM in about 5 months.

Congrats on FM status. It's fun isn't it? I love the no flood control. (Sometimes, when posting my results from the dailies, I get to the next topic too quickly.

Thanks! :)

I'm looking forward to not having to wait between posts when doing my daily posting. That has long been a problem for me.

If you post some pictures, I can probably figure out what your flower is, especially if you live in eastern North America (not important). I'm curious to know what it is now too.

Its from California just to let you know...

http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac31/icymuffins/DSCN0164.jpg

Its from California just to let you know...

http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac31/icymuffins/DSCN0164.jpg

It's not a species I'm familiar with. Whatever it is, it isn't native to the northeastern part of the US and Canada. It might even be a garden escapee. But if I have a bit of time, I can probably figure out what it is.

I want no flood control. So then I can post my auto-welcomes a lot faster.

Tone it down with those... they're very close to spam you know. ;) *hint hint*

And the FM board is pretty much dead now, unfortunately. :(

And the FM board is pretty much dead now, unfortunately. :(

Heh, I completely forgot about the FM board, even though we were just talking about it a couple days ago. Let's get that revived!

EDIT: bluemuffin, your flower is called Scarlet Pimpernel (Anagallis arvensis). It's an introduced plant from Europe, so it's not native to North America. It's very pretty. Incidentally, the other plant growing underneath it, with the three leaflets, is a species of wood-sorrel (Oxalis sp.). I can't tell which one, though.

I saw Livvy doing them back then. I'm carrying on the "legacy" by doing the same. I don't over do it like posting 20 at once. Then we all know it's spam.

I understand that's how you think of it. :) I mean, yeah, Livvy was awesome! (and she still is :O)

But back then, that wasn't an 'auto-welcome', she didn't copy and paste her entire post. Just saying, make your posts seem like you've actually read the topic in the first place, that'd make the new member more welcomed! :P

I don't over do it like posting 20 at once. Then we all know it's spam.
So then I can post my auto-welcomes a lot faster.

*cough* Faster, as in, how many posts in a row when we get to see you in FM'dom?

Oh! Thank you~ That explains why I couldn't find anything about it ^-^ I was always searching for it thinking it native plant of CA since they were so common

*bows down to your great knowledge of plants*

No need to bow. I just recognised which family it was likely in, which made it easier to find. Unfortunately for me, that family had been recently subdivided, which made it a little harder to find. I hate it when that happens. It makes my job harder when stuff changes.

*cough* Faster, as in, how many posts in a row when we get to see you in FM'dom?

*slips on own words and lands on head* Ow, I made a mistake. Anyone know the number for 911?

IN SERIOUSNESS: I messed up in words. Sorry.

I also dont want flood control because, for example, I was posted my daily lab results and someone posted on this thread and I wanted to answer but I had to wait a full 30 seconds before I could answer! By that time, the topic had moved on!