Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

That's awesome! I've always loved guitars. One of my favorite musicians is a guitar player. He makes me want to play. :laughingsmiley:

Thanks! :laughingsmiley: I can't wait to learn some.

I can play Piano, key board and can some how play Table (it's an Indian instrument. Somewhat shaped like a drum. But you play it with bare hands). I am sort of from a musician family. My mom is a singer and she can play Piano, too. Actually, she is the one who taught me. My brother is in a band. It's not school band, kind of a random band, you know. The one that usually plays at parties and stuffs. My mom's sisters are both Acoustic guitar players. They can also play Sitar, Vina ... and much more. I love listening to them. They really are talented.

Thanks! :laughingsmiley: I can't wait to learn some.

I can play Piano, key board and can some how play Table (it's an Indian instrument. Somewhat shaped like a drum. But you play it with bare hands). I am sort of from a musician family. My mom is a singer and she can play Piano, too. Actually, she is the one who taught me. My brother is in a band. It's not school band, kind of a random band, you know. The one that usually plays at parties and stuffs. My mom's sisters are both Acoustic guitar players. They can also play Sitar, Vina ... and much more. I love listening to them. They really are talented.

My family is the same way. With my dad's parents, his dad was a band director for the US Navy, as well as a Colorado HS. My dad's mom got college scholarships for playing trumpet. My dad played Tuba, Baritone, and Trombone. My mom played violin. I played flute, piccolo, and Tenor Sax. My sister originally wanted to play clarinet, then drums, then guitar. So she ended up never doing anything. And now my husband, he plays piano and violin.

I play the viola and the piano, but my main instrument is the clarinet. I am in love with it!!! I have like 5 auditions coming up within the next 2 months for clarinet bands/orchaestras/solos. I cant wait!!! :laughingsmiley:

Nice! Almost everyone I know plays the guitar. I would have played it but it is wayyy to competitive for me. A bunch of people I know are really good but they don't get anywhere because there is always someone better.

:laughingsmiley: I think guitar is kind of, the "It" instrument. Everyone wants to play it. (Me included. But I'd be disappointed when I never got as good as John Mayer.)

Just like when I was in Grade school/ Middle school, everyone wanted to play drums.

I don't have the coordination for playing drums. I couldn't do it if I tried. A girl I grew up with, ended up playing drums. My sister wasn't a fan of me playing flute at home. She especially wasn't a fan of me practicing my tenor sax. :laughingsmiley:

Yeah drums are pretty popular, its just that no ones parents can stand the noise. :laughingsmiley: So must people pick guitar.

Haha, thats true. And the fact that drums are much harder to store and or sell later.

Sometimes any musical instrument can be hard to sell. Except my dad just sold one of his old trombones. It sold for about $900, because it was dual tone, and it was some important kind or something. I was shocked, but no one was more shocked than my dad, considering it was probably 35-40 years old.

Nice! My dad just bought like 5 clarinets since he "discovered" eBay. :laughingsmiley: It was actually pretty good because we are selling them and making a HUGE profit.

I am good at smacking my table and pretending they're drums.

You drummers are all the same! :laughingsmiley: All the drummers I've ever known do this all the time, it's hilarious.

I took classical guitar classes in high school for a couple of years. We used really nice guitars with nylon strings and read sheet music, it was quite fancy :rolleyes_anim: we played mostly music from Iceland, but once in a while our teacher would let us rock out and play some power chords, lol.

I really miss playing. Band was always my favorite class. That's where I had the most fun, and made most of my friends. I especially loved my summer band. We would practice like crazy, then travel doing performances. We performed in parades, at Air Force bases, county/state fairs, schools, etc. It was a blast. I miss those days.

And since my dad played when he was younger and still had his instruments, we used to do duets and such. And in middle school, in 7th, me and my friend Rachel entered a competition doing a flute duet. We won 1st. In 8th, me, Rachel, and Michelle (Rachel and I played flute, Michelle played baritone) entered, and we won 1st again.

And it was the same competitions my dad did when he was younger. He even gave me his old medals to put with mine.

Because I don't have actual drums (I pretty sure Guitar Hero doesn't count).

I forgot to say I'm a FANTASTIC singer, and none of that R&B or Hip Hop stuff. I sing rock, metal, and some easy listening. I sing best at Linkin Park songs, cause the lyrics are easy to learn. The only thing holding me back is I have stage fright.

Nice CAV! You sure are modest. :laughingsmiley: Hahha. I dont know anybody with a really good voice except for this one girl. She has an AMAZING voice that she is already performing at the Kimmel Center (a huge perfermance place in Philadelphia). :woot:

My best friend was an amazing singer. She could have pursued it, if she had chosen to. She actually entered a few radio contests and won all of them. It was kind of disgusting how good she was at music related things. She could dance really well, any kind. From country, to salsa. She was teaching herself guitar. She actually had an acoustic band for awhile, who's videos were on Youtube. But now she's married. :laughingsmiley:

The only thing holding me back is I have stage fright.

Hehe, I read that as you have to cage fight and I was very much amused.

Ummmm wait a moment ummmmm uhhhhhh Cow?

Yeah, that happens sometimes. *watches as cow goes by playing the kazoo*

I was chosen to read a poem there. Wow. Now I am all proud of myself. :D

You should be. That's pretty sweet. Congratulations. :)

I play the viola and the piano, but my main instrument is the clarinet. I am in love with it!!! I have like 5 auditions coming up within the next 2 months for clarinet bands/orchaestras/solos. I cant wait!!! :laughingsmiley:

Oh! I want to buy a Violin now. They look and sound so great. None in our family play Violin (and I don't think they are planning to) but I just love everything about it.

Yeah drums are pretty popular, its just that no ones parents can stand the noise. :laughingsmiley: So must people pick guitar.

Yeah. You are so right. I can imagine my mom's look when I am gonna play drum (which is, obviously, never going to happen). I love the rhythm of the drum beats. They sound pretty cool. But, again, drums are the only instrument that I doubt I can play.

But I can, sort of, play Tabla. It's an Indian instrument, obviously. You have to play it with bare hands. It's not thrashing and banging like they do in those drum sets. It's kind of a smoothing sound, yet fast.

My family is the same way. With my dad's parents, his dad was a band director for the US Navy, as well as a Colorado HS. My dad's mom got college scholarships for playing trumpet. My dad played Tuba, Baritone, and Trombone. My mom played violin. I played flute, piccolo, and Tenor Sax. My sister originally wanted to play clarinet, then drums, then guitar. So she ended up never doing anything. And now my husband, he plays piano and violin.

It's good to be from a musical family.

I usually played my Piano at Christmas Nights. Christmas is not much celebrated in India. But here in Goa, there are lots of Christians and some of them are my friends too. And I love the Christmas Karaoke. :laughingsmiley:

Just like when I was in Grade school/ Middle school, everyone wanted to play drums.

Oh well. :laughingsmiley: I would say most of the boys like to or would want to play Drums. They are kind of, you know, heavy instruments. And I think I am going to stick with my Piano and Guitar.

I forgot to say I'm a FANTASTIC singer, and none of that R&B or Hip Hop stuff. I sing rock, metal, and some easy listening. I sing best at Linkin Park songs, cause the lyrics are easy to learn. The only thing holding me back is I have stage fright.

Well, I like a male singer better than a female one. No offense to female singers (as I am myself one. Well, sort of). I don't know why. Maybe because they have a bold voice which I like the most.