Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

I haven't had much experience with natural disasters...is a couple hundred meters a safe distance away? =/

Well I'm assuming you're fine since you're here, typing in one piece! :3

Did it hit a remote area or somewhere with a lot of people? =/

In Colorado, we don't get earthquakes often. We got one probably... 10 years ago, on New Years Day, probably about 100 miles from where I live. But it was so small, we couldn't feel it.

And tornadoes usually happen about... 20 miles east of me. So I'm pretty safe, snuggled up against the base of the Rocky Mountains.

I guess that's one thing about living in Cali, right?

epicenter was pretty remote, but major cities like LA and Tijuana felt it pretty bad

I said a couple hundred miles :P

:O Oh wow, LA got hit too? I guess I'll be seeing this on the news. I'm surprised I haven't already...is it all over already? or do they think more will hit? =/

And sorry, I meant miles ;3 I'm Canadian and I think the m just made me finish with eter :whistle:

Oh and being Canadian means that I have seriously never encountered a natural disaster...I suppose I'm too far north of anything going on.

I could bore you all day about this, but I won't xD

:whistle:

*Quietly slips the "Mega Disaster" book she's been reading at work into the back of the bottom desk drawer.*

What? You didn't see anything. I swear. :whistle:

Hahaha, funny! I do that all the time too, in school. :laughingsmiley: But it is not always books, sometimes it is my cell phone or iTouch :whistle: . SHHHHH!! Dont tell on me!

When I was in HS, there was no cell phones. No one had them. Freshman year, I had a pager. I was one of only a few. And if they caught you with it out of your pocket, they'd take it away. I can't even imagine everyone running around in class with cell phones.

In 7th grade, my friend Rachel and I just used sign language to talk. :laughingsmiley:

just barely felt an aftershock

I never have time to read in class. And I doubt anyone would get away with texting at my school

lol, texting is a word not recognized by Chrome spellcheck xD

Hahaha. Really, texting isnt a word on your thing? I was typing my name (Divya) and I accidentaly pressed Space after the Div. The squiggly red line didnt show up, so I looked up what a "div" is on word. It is...an offensive term used to directly insult somebody's intelligence. UK slang. Hahaha! Div is my nickname! :laughingsmiley:

I love the built in spell check. I'm one of those people that if I can't spell the word I want to use, I will look it up to find the right spelling. If I can't find it, I will use a different word. I hate having typos, misspellings, etc. But I guess that's just the English major in me. :laughingsmiley: That's why I like Chrome so much. (And Firefox)

I love spellcheck. Though I'm usually a pretty good speller. But its definetly a nice addition. That is one word I always spell wrong. definitely. Well, that time it was right. But before it wasn't...alright. Done with my rambling. :laughingsmiley:

Haha. I'm usually very picky about spelling. For the most part. Are you one of those people who can't stand the sign "10 items or less"? Haha. Sorry. There was just a crossword puzzle clue about that this morning.

What I used to snicker about, was when gas prices first went up, and they started making you pre-pay. All the gas stations here had signs up that read, "Please pre-pay before you pump." You know... as if you could pre-pay AFTER you pumped. :laughingsmiley:

KQ: lol ya I just had a mind block figured it out :laughingsmiley:

Natural Disasters: never really lived in one New Jersey pretty good about that, i think we had one hurricane.. but I wasn't alive :P

Texting/cellphones: people text during school a lot at my school I don't though :) I'm a good girl

Spell Check: I like it I mean it helps me with my bad spelling skills :)

I love funny signs too! There is one that I saw on the internet that said "Do not touch: Instant death. Fine $300" HAHAHA :laughingsmiley: And it wasnt fake! I went to the place and it was real!