Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Didn't know I was so famous...xD

I guess I would be since I started the largest and longest lasting thread on the site...

I remember when I started it...we were hogging the chatbox, and I decided that we should take our random chat to a forum but there wasn't exactly one necessary with how random it was; between me and this other persons discussion of theoretical physics and the other junk we were talking about...xD

I guess I am a member of the club...I'm still checking the advent calendar each year though, I like the surprises its magical doors hold; it was also the first thing I ever remember doing on Neo...:D

It was when we still had the plain yellow sidebar...Good times, good times...

Viacom ruined it. Though, I am glad I quit before all the others who quit because of their meddling. I led the way, helping all out the door as the raced for the chat rooms they've been missing out on and all that n00b stuff.! ^_^

I completely agree...whenever any of the good sites gets bought out it begins to rot in...you know where...

You loose all user/staff interaction...then all of the problems with the site get skipped as there is a rush to release more money making crud...>.>

Luckily I have found better games and stuff...Mainly new online rpgs which are still in beta...

Since they are in beta, there is tons of user/staff interaction so you can actively talk with and make suggestions to the staff...:)

Have either of you heard of a site called missbimbo.com ?? It reminds of when neopets first started, but worse :P

Ohh and what are rpgs? Are they Role Playing Games??

I'm addicted to this RPG called Bitefight. http://s4.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=22394

Mike got me addicted and now I am pwning n00bs left and right!

I am also playing Guild Wars a lot.

Also, another pet site might grab my attention if I can figure it out, called Subeta... I dunno. At least it isn't owned by Viacom.

I've never heard of the site, but I just now looked at it and think my eyes are bleeding...xD

RPG stands for Role Playing Game...It is pretty much any game where you play as someone besides yourself...

It encompasses several genre of games, but most commonly fantasy/action/adventure games...

I play Maple Story, Secret of the Solstice, and all of the games made by Artix Entertainment (Dragon Fable, Adventure Quest, and I'm helping in Alpha testing for their new MMORPG)...

omg...I play subeta some...xD

I love the artwork, some of it is really amazing...

The shop system is really nice too, you can actually buy stuff before it sells out without having your fingers bleed from typing too fast...:O

Right so I am creating and account with Subeta and I have to put in my DOB, but I can't be born anytime before 1990?? No fair, I am born in 1987!!!!

Really?? You mean I can actually buy stuff :P Then again they don't have as many members as neopets, so if they ever do build up to that, it will be virtually the same when buying stuff :S

Edit: Acutally don't mind me. I am having a real blonde day!!!

lol....yeah, and guess what...they ACTUALLY DELETE INACTIVE MEMBERS!!!!

They did an activity check recently and deleted the old ones, so a lot of names are freed up and such...

I wish they would have done that on Neo...they would have lost a couple million users, but it would have been nice...

Check out the description of the first toy on the news page...it is cracking me up since it is soo true...xD

I know, I know. Lols.. I told you I am having a blonde day :P Right I am off to explore the site. I shall be back!

I was kinda surprised that the username 'Levy' was free. I wish Neopets deleted inactive accounts back when I used to play.

Oh cool, I made my avatar look like L from Death Note. XD

If you guys want a bit of money to start off, then I will be glad to give you some...I have plenty...xD

Another nice thing about it is that most color change potions cost less than 200k if even that...There are 4 or 5 which cost a lot, but they are exclusive items and stuff...

And all LE species don't cost several million like Draiks or Krawks...X.x

...yet.

As this pet site gains popularity, I bet it will be bought out by some company and gut then filled with ads and other garbage.

Even if you got premium on Neopets, they still shove ads down your throat on the television.

Well for now I think it is safe...the owner owns several large sites, and I think he sticks all of his junk adds on the others...xD

If I remember correctly, he has stated that he is against any corporate sponsorship for the site...

I like it. I am having a bit of trouble navigating my way around it, but am getting there. I reminds me of neopets. It looks different etc, but the pet has the same stats and it has the same sort of shops, but I think I could get used to this :D

Ok well will you two stop it. Cause as far as I know I am older than both of you!!! So that makes me .... ancient *shivers*

I like the pets better than neopets too, I think they are deisgned better. Personally I have always thought that the pets on neopets were kind of childish. Then again it was made for children :P