Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

I agree but it would be nice if the ocean got warmer a bit faster because I've no longer got my wet suit so going in the ocean is kind of out of the question right now sadly, well, that and the huge waves right now.

I live near Lake Superior, and it's big enough and deep enough that it doesn't usually get warm enough to comfortably swim in until August. I have several friends that would like for it to stay hot so that they can go to the beach in early July.

No surprise, you 3 always wait for someone to post here.

:laughingsmiley: I guess it is kind of true because I am soo bored doing my *cough cough* homework.

That's it. I'm joining the trio. I'll just open a new tab for other TDN stuff.

I now have 4 tabs open. This one, another TDN one, one with the AC (I'm busy crushing my old team), and TDN for the dailies.

I just noticed that you have 2010 posts Spritzie.

Welcome welcome. If you have not noticed, Spritzie and Prankster arent here right now. Spritzie should be joining us soon. Prankster is on vacation and should not be around for a little while.

Hello. Swim Freak, if you are somewhere lurking, go to the HAMS page and check your Messenger. I've sent you a HAMS mission.

Hello. CAV, sorry I've been playing yooyuball all day since I have strep throat and cant go to school until Friday :( but I'm starting the topic now lol :laughingsmiley:

Yay! The weather has improved. It's down to 12°C tonight.

I'm sooo close to making FM. I can't wait for flood control to go away.

No surprise, you 3 always wait for someone to post here.

I'm bored at work. When I end up with basically 10 hours, of nothing to do... it happens. :laughingsmiley:

:laughingsmiley: I guess it is kind of true because I am soo bored doing my *cough cough* homework.

Exactly. Except I'm at work. Bored.

That's it. I'm joining the trio. I'll just open a new tab for other TDN stuff.

I now have 4 tabs open. This one, another TDN one, one with the AC (I'm busy crushing my old team), and TDN for the dailies.

I just noticed that you have 2010 posts Spritzie.

That's what I usually do. I have a tab for the forums, a couple for Neopets. Yay! 2010. But now I have more.

Welcome welcome. If you have not noticed, Spritzie and Prankster arent here right now. Spritzie should be joining us soon. Prankster is on vacation and should not be around for a little while.

I'm here. For a few minutes. I won't be on again til a bit later, when we head out with the laptops. I'm off work today. Until Saturday.

Hello, everyone! I just got back from work. I had a vaguely eventful day today. I found a semi-rare orchid today - Cypripedium acaule - the pink lady slipper.

458px-Cypripedium_acaule_williamsburg1.png

We were getting ready to do a full vegetation inventory of that spot, when I heard some grunting in the woods. I couldn't see it, but there was definitely a bear there. We left pretty quickly. Usually the bears aren't a problem, but this one wasn't leaving, which is a bit uncommon. I was a bit upset that I didn't get to do my vegetation survey, but I can just go back next week to do it.

Ooo, pretty. Well that's an exciting find. I didn't know there was a flower called a lady slipper; there's a shell called a lady slipper too.

I didn't know about the shell. I live nowhere near an ocean. I've never even been to see an ocean.

:ohno: Craziness. Sometimes I forget that there are a lot of people in the world that haven't seen any ocean because its literally right next to where I live (I could hear the ocean waves in my bedroom the other day). Here's a ghetto picture of the lady slippers that I had in my house taken with my cell phone.

shell.jpg

Awww those are sweet. So are the flowers. I am not much of a nature person, I prefer malls. :laughingsmiley:

I love flowers. I do love nature. But I'd rather go to the mall, than on a hike. :laughingsmiley:

My favorites are the periwinkle Columbine. (Colorad State flower) I actually have the Columbine license plate on my car. (it has the periwinkle one, and says "Respect Life". Not many know it, but it was created for the Columbine shooting that happening in Denver, while I was in middle school. I just think it's pretty.

My all-time favorite is the Star-gazer Lily. What we were originally going to do for our wedding ceremony, was have our colors be silver and pink. And my flower would have been the Star-gazers. (They're hot pink)

I just looked those flowers up on Images, and they are soooo pretty! However, the only flower that I have seen in real life that I really like is the traditional rose. They are gorgeous. Just plain beautiful.

They are beautiful. I love them. Columbines are so pretty. And they come in a few different colors, like yellow and fushia. And I love most lilies. My sister used Calla Lilies in her wedding.

Thats really nice. Really nice. I am glad that she didnt use roses because, pretty as they are, they are so over used. For my wedding, flower choice number 1 is....I have no idea. There are so many choices!

Haha, I feel like you have plenty of time to figure that one out. My favorite flower is the mini daffodil. I suppose that would be odd for a wedding but who knows where the future will be if that ever happens anyway. I must say I haven't really given it much thought.

Flowers, eh? I suppose my favorite is the California poppy. Of course, that may have something to do with the fact that I live in CA. ;)

I don't know if I could actually pick a favourite flower. I love so many of them! Of course, studying plants is what I do for a living. That mostly just means that I like a lot of wildflowers that most other people don't know about. Some of the flowers I think are really pretty are the blue flag iris (Iris versicolor) and wild columbine (Aquilegia canadensis). There's also lots of plants I like for reasons other than their flowers.

When I saw your username, I really wanted a muffin. Then I saw your avatar and its so cute and cuddly I wanted to hug something. Now is bluemuffin in reference to a blueberry muffin or something else assuredly fantastic. My second guess/made me think of a smurf muffin...

I like a lot of them, but mostly I love the forget-me-not and this one flower that grows in my back yard (and everywhere else in the area), but I can't seem to find out what kind it is.

If you post some pictures, I can probably figure out what your flower is, especially if you live in eastern North America (not important). I'm curious to know what it is now too.