Highly suspicious...

Saxen

*dances to My Morning Jacket*

Aaanyway - I was wondering if there were any seasoned Ebayers in the house?? I'm annoyed and I want to know what to do.

I bought my boyfriend an ipod video as his main pressie for our mini Christmas on the 27th. Granted, I left it very late because I couldn't find one that wasn't super expensive but finally managed to get one at a Buy It Now price of £70 squids on the 22nd.

I paid straight away as it said delivery was to be expected in 2-3 days, and I sort of assumed it would be a couple of days late because of Christmas and stuff anyways, but I'm not happy with how long it's taking.

First of all he couldn't post because he said works nights and sleeps in the mornings (sterling excuse, because the afternoon doesn't exist - we all know that), and now he's saying he cant post until "after the holidays" whatever he means by that, because he's seriously ill from the weather.

I'm not sure whether to believe him or wonder whether or not he's stalling because my money hasn't come through yet. He's only got a rep of 8, but it's at 100%.

He's also changed the listing that once read 2-3 days delivery to 5-7.

What should I do??

It could also depend on where it comes from. I recently bought something from America, but because its the holidays the parcel service is on holiday, so she has to wait till that's over before its shipped. Best thing to do is try and keep in contact and ask him to email you when the item has been shipped.

Thanks for the replies guys ^_^ The item is listed as London, which is like a 40 minute drive away. It probably would have been easier for me to just go and pick the stupid thing up XD

I just don't understand why he cant get someone else to post it for him if he's ill though, that's what I would do :S Better that than flaking out on a commitment - and a legally binding one no less! :K

I'll give him a while longer... But yes, if he doesn't sort it soon I am kicking up a fuss lol.

if you paid via paypal, make sure you know how long the whole thing has taken. if he does indeed fail to post, you only have a certain number of days to open a case and dispute. please check your ebay site for the right terms and conditions as it varys by coountry. in Australia its recently changed (yesterday new laws ame into effect regarding warranties, exchanges and refunds). previously i know its 40 days for paypal.

if you pass the deadline you will not be able to open a case. if you paid via paypal, ebay will refer you straight to them, ebay has their own dispute resolution center too.

what is their feedback like? how many reviews/star level?

if he is sending it via registered post make sure you get a tracking number off him too.

and personally if it goes over 10-12 days with no postage notification i would start lodging a case, and directing all comments through the dispute center. because then the communication and documentation will be in th right areas if it goes to review. just explain its been a long time, and you are happy to close the case if it gets resolved just between you two.

and you often don't want to meet absolutely random people from the internet in person ;) for your safety

I just checked my Ebay and I had this:

so much thanks for your corporation i post the ipod tommorow via next day delivery, so you can rec item on Thursday. so much thanks my darling now ok

He kept calling me 'bro' at first, had to point out I am in fact female XD Now he calls me darling, haha

Thank you so much Annukii - I hope it doesn't come to that but it's still possible. I've got a similar message before saying he'll post the next day :/ Hahaa yeahh I definitely wont be meeting up with him to give him a piece of my mind if it does come to that lol XD A carefully worded message though, perhaps :P

I'm pretty sure paypal has you covered for a certain amount of time after paying with their seller protection , in case something like this happens, and ebay itself has a help page regarding this if you haven't already looked at it.

I hope these two pages come in handy if you haven't already looked at them. Basically if your seller starts seriously messing you around (give them a week from when you gave them the money), ask for a refund. If you've given them your money already you should by no means have to deal with someone messing around with your order, and I would express this to them in a message especially when they changed their delivery times after you ordered. True life can get in the way, but he/she should think in advance before putting down information.

Yes you can give them the benefit of the doubt, but that's up to you if you really want to do that and risk getting scammed. There's certainly going to be a better seller out there, and if you've waited this long then you may as well wait a tiny bit longer by going elsewhere once you have your money back.

I hope everything works out for you! :)