Linsta's Art - A New Beginning

linsta

Thanks everyone =)

Here's a new one for kacheek day:

kacheek_woodland.jpg

Sorry there hasn't been much art lately, hopefully I'll have more time in a few weeks.

I wanted to draw a royal girl kacheek too since they're so pretty but it's getting late and I still have homework xD. I'll have to add that to my list of things to draw when I don't have anything else.

Awww I love it!!! SO adorable! I love the dappled light and the leaves in the foreground, works so well. I really hope you get in the AG :D

I really love the texture on that Woodland Kacheek, I can't wait to see it at the Art Gallery on Kacheek Day! Good luck!

Yeyyy!! Congratulations again! :D Such a lovely picture though it was obviously a sure thing ;)

awww...

your kacheek is totally killing me :D

your art will win the AG again ^^,

Grats on getting in again too. See? Don't give up, persistance pays off!

Woodland is DA BOMB. AND SO ARE YOUUUUUU

Will you be planning to open request anytime soon?

Or... ever? :D

I have a bunch of requests I still need to do. I have a request thread somewhere here in this forum. Anyways, I won't open them until I finish my current ones, but I definitely will in the future. It just might be a while... like a few months? Hopefully not that long =/.

For Zafara Day:

zafara_piratebomber.jpg

I reaaaaalllyyy wanted to draw zafara double agent because she's one of my favourite characters... but I figured everyone would draw that and pirate bomber is pretty awesome too. I'll have to draw ZDA some other time.

I am stuck on what to draw for jhudora day D=

Maybe I'll think of something after I do some homework... bleh xP

wow .... the details are marvelous !! but the colors are what took my breath away

she looks like she's dancing with the bombs ..

I've been really digging the eventide colour/theme so I think that's popping up in my art xD. "I've got a lovely bunch of bombs..." Wouldn't that make you want to dance?

Also, I've been thinking of what to draw for Jhudora day. I was wondering if I can get some input on an idea...

I was thinking of doing a more "realistic" portrait of jhudora. Probalby just like a standard bust up shot. Do you guys think that this is a good/bad idea? On the one hand, I think that it could look really great and be something different (I need to spice it up a bit. I don't like my last picture as much as the kacheek one before that). On the other hand, would TNT be less inclined to display a realistic-jhudora? I'm thinking it obviously shouldn't be sexualized too much, but at the same time it's going to be a bit no matter what (not that cartoon jhudora isn't...). Also, it being a "kid's site" (nickelodeon), would somethign realistic, non-cartoonish be less successful?

Anyways, it's something I've been wondering. I guess I could always try it out and see how they respond... or it would probably be easy to make a cartoonish version of the same picture too.

Any opinions?

I think you've REALLY got a thing for detail.

It's amazing. :O

I can't help it ><. You should see some of my real paintings... I try to do less detail though so I can work faster =/

I saw them. They're absolutely beautiful. I don't know how you do it...

Oh those ones in my picture didn't take that long actually, but I like them a lot :P. I have some other ones that took foreeeever. I might post some later.

Oh wow, THAT MASTERPIECE DIDN'T TAKE LONG? D:

I feel sooooooooo talented now. xD (Please hear the sarcasm)

Well I don't know what is long for you vs for me..

I did those over a weekend, so maybe 3 hours for one and 4 for the other? I've spent 20+ hours on a few other ones.

That is a lot of time!!! But I know people who's spent more, in my school.

The point is, they're GORGEOUS and you only spent 4 hours on them, if i spent for months on a painting it would still come out like this:

211596552_640.jpg

Edit: Actually, that's really good.

Worse.

I can't blend colours I'll get a flat coloured... shape.

Look up colourfield painting and Mark Rothko. His paintings sell for over 70mil!

I mean he's famous and dead and all... but still. flat colours.

Edit: paintings that are just 1 flat colour too are worth millions xD. = monochrome

Well, I don't mean the actual definition of monochrome.. since yes there's different shades.

But the actual art movement of monochrome being popular--those were all flat coloured paintings. Just 1 flat colour! It was "amazing" because looking into a flat colour is supposed to be like looking into a mirror...and you are faced with your own subjectivity.. or something. Stupid art school xD