Christmas recipes anyone? :)

Celyia

Hi there everyone! I was thinking of the baked goodies and other yummy foods made around christmas time and I decided I wanted a few new things on the table this year as it's my first year hosting my familys Christmas!

And what better way to find new recipes then to have a recipe sharing thread :) I want to know what all you neopians make during christmas time that is absolutely amazing! I'll start out with one that's a bit common but one of my favorites

Muddy Buddies!

Ingredients:

9 cups Rice Chex,

1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

1/2 cup peanut butter

1/4 cup butter or margarine

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

1. Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.

2. In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.

3.Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.

Super yummy and super easy takes about 20 minutes to do!

I'lll post a few more soon

Post away!

This is such a good idea! I'm always looking out for new recipes. I always associate nanaimo bars with Christmas because we make them every year. Here's the recipe we always use:

Base:

1/2c Shortning

1/4c Sugar

1 3/4c Graham Crumbs

1/3c Cocoa Powder

1 tsp Vanilla

1 egg

1c dessicated coconut

Filing:

1/4c Shortning

2tbsp Custard Powder

3tbs Milk

2c Powdered Sugar

Topping:

1c Chocolate Chips

1Tbsp Shortning

Melt base shortening. Mix in other base ingredients. Press into bottom of 9”x9” pan. Refrigerate.

Mix all of filling ingredients to a thick icing consistency. Spread evenly over base. Refrigerate until hard.

Melt chocolate chips and shortening together. Pour over filling. Refrigerate until top is set.

Spicy Meatballs

Meatballs

1 pound of lean ground beef

2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp pepper

2 tsp Worcestershire sauce

1 small garlic glove, finely chopped

Preheat your oven at 350°F.

Mix well all the ingredients.

Make small ball (approximatively 1/4 inch of diameter).

Cover one (or more if needed) oven tray with parchment paper / OR just spray some oil.

Place the meatballs on your tray and bake for 15min. Shake your tray to turn the meatballs and bake for another 15min or until done.

Serve with spicy sauce (below.)

Spicy Sauce

1 1/2 tsp butter

2 tsp onion, finely chopped

1/2 tsp curry

1/2 cup ketchup

1/4 cup tomato juice

1 tsp Worcestershire sauce

1/8 tsp tarragon

1 pinch pepper

2 tbsp parmesan cheese

In a saucepan, melt the butter.

Add onion and curry and cook over low heat. Stir until onion becomes transparent.

Add all other ingredients , cover and simmer for 15-20min. Stir from time to time.

Serve hot or cold, with meatballs.

NOTES: That's my all time favorite holiday recipes. You can prepare the meatballs in advance, freeze them and heat them in the oven or microwave before serving. Also, we almost always double the sauce. (I hope my translation from French isn't too bad xD)

Thanks for sharing the recipes! I normally just bake the Pillsbury cookies with the reindeer on them LOL

I tried all of these! they were all great my rudolph cookies didnt look as pretty as those though lolstilll tasted really good the bars were exceptional and my family wants the meatballls at christmas dinner! anymore ideas anyone?