I feel like a failure

Naamah D.

My mom is starting to worry I'm unstable again. I'm not unstable, I just haven't been my happiest. I've been really high strung for no apparent reason. All my mom does is complain about how I'm not independent enough. I can't help it that nobody wants to be my friend or at least a true one. I hate being lonely but at the same time I want to live all alone and play video games. That's my lifestyle, gamer. I'm crying as I post this.

I feel really sorry for you. :( You don't have any friends? :O :( I don't know why, here on TDN you seem like such a great person.

Now, how don't know how you are in real life, but maybe you do need to be more independent. As fun as that life may be, you can't just live alone and play games, you must have a job (a part time job if you're in high school right now)

I can't really provide more information considering I dont know how old you are, if you are a teen or an adult, and if you have a job or not. All I can say is, you are not a failure. We all got lives so we can live them to their fullest. You will find a true friend. :yes:

If you need anymore help, us TDNers are here to help you. 0:)

I understand not having good friends. If you're in high school, it's pretty normal, lol. I didn't get any true friends until I got to college. Well, that's not true, I got a few true friends in high school but those are few and far between and didn't show up til my junior and senior years. So you are NOT a failure. I promise.

Enjoying video games isn't bad, even being a "gamer" isn't bad, but that said it's important to have balance in your life, too. I like the part time job suggestion. I had a part time job through high school and it gave me something to do and somewhere to go most days, so it gave me a chance to socialize. Also, if you're having a hard time making friends, try joining some clubs at your school. I know it's cliche but those clubs bring a great opportunity to meet people you haven't.

In addition, I see you're a female - don't be afraid to have guys for your best friends! I had a lot of great guy friends in late high school and very few good female friends. They were great. And one of them, I ended up dating! (It's been 2 years!) I really had a hard time connecting with girls at my school probably because I liked computers, math, and science so much.

Finally, and this is probably my most cliche piece of advice ever, if you want a friend, be one. One way you can do that is by inviting people over. (This was another thing that was tough for me in high school, mom wouldn't let me invite people over if the house was a mess and the house was always a mess.) Another thing is if it looks like someone needs a friend, be their friend. If you see someone in one of your classes that seems a lot like you feel free to befriend them one day in the locker room (or something). Invite people to go watch a movie. Sneak in chips and salsa. I donno. If it's hard to be outgoing, I totally understand, but part of making friends involves putting yourself out on a limb. If the people you try to make friends with don't respond well, try different people! True friends don't grow on trees but you only need one or two :)

Oh and yeesh, I want your mom. MY mom only keeps complaining about how I'm "too independent".... just because my boyfriend and i drove back from college together and I dropped him off at his HOUSE (instead of a designated drop off point) because she wanted me home "sooner." Apparently "this will NEVER happen again." Grrah.

Anyway, that's my thoughts. I hope I don't sound like I'm suggesting you don't be yourself through all this. True friends will love you for who you are, even when you make mistakes (the same can be said for true love).

I wish you luck. Blessings :)

I actually WANT to be more indioendant! But my Mum thinks it's hard because I have a problem. And I get easily upset. And I cry lots too, and I'm nearly 15.