Degrassi .vs. Twilight

khaos

16 members have voted

1. 1. Degrassi vs Twilight

Me and my friend are arguing about which is better, so we're letting you decide. :P

It may be silly, but we need answers.

EDIT: THEY ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE SIMILAR AT ALL. It was a random comparison.

They don't really fit in the same categories for me.

However, in my opinion, Twilight is predictable and full of bad acting.

Degrassi was my guilty pleasure when I was younger; I had a thing for teen melodramas. So, Degrassi got my vote.

P.S. Tell your friend vamps aren't meant to sparkle like a pixie! ;) (playfully, of course)

Degrasi and Twilight aren't even similar. Unpopular Opinion, I love the Twilight books and really, really hate the movies. Love old Degrassi, hate new Degrassi. So this was a tossup.

Never seen Degrassi. But that's my vote.

Twilight. Just... no.

It's not just the fact that vampires sparkle (Which is bad enough on its' own. I don't consider them vampires. Maybe fairies...)

But Bella gives a really bad message for girls that look up to the stories.

She is desperate, clingy and so many other things.

Edward is a stalker, over protective and controlling.

Change those three factors, I may enjoy it.

Hermione-and-Bella-harry-potter-vs-twilight-17372789-446-578.jpg

Never seen Degrassi, but yes twilight.

TWILIGHT FTW COME ON.

None of you thought it was hilarious?

"Say it out loud."

"You're.... *bad acting* a... a.... vampire."

HILARIOUS.

I will admit, I did see the movies and laugh at the moments that were not supposed to be funny.

• 2 weeks later...

Twlight... maybe? I loved the Twilight books honestly and obviously that's what my pet is named after. But the movies, well the first one, was TERRIBLE! I couldn't stand watching it! The second and third got better. The last one has been the best so far. I think what surprised me the most was they all did a decent job as their characters in the last movie. That blew my mind! Special effects should've been A LOT better and maybe a different Edward... :P I've never seen Degrassi, so I wouldn't know which one is better. :*

Honestly, I did enjoy watching Degrassi, especially when "Nina Dobrev" was on there. She is such an amazing actress. Anyways, i voted for degrassi because i never really did understand the point of twilight. I know it's a vampire story, but it teaches you something completely different, which is to give up on life? Degrassi is some what of another typical highschool tv show.

• 2 months later...

I'm sorry...but this shouldn't even be a comparison! Degrassi wins by far! I'm not going to lie, I have read the Twilight series, and seen the first 3 movies- and while I didn't like the movies, I enjoyed the books for the most part. I don't really care that much about how good the writing is, because I'm not a great writer myself. However, I still think they aren't really even CLOSE to Degrassi- and I mean, I'll even be honest with myself, they weren't exactly a fantastic series (mostly because Edward is a creep).

Plus, Degrassi is like...a part of Canadian culture for me...at least if we're talking about the old Degrassi? I don't watch the new Degrassi.

I voted Degrassi. I have no clue what or who Degrassi is, but anything's better than Twilight...

they are both totally different you can't really pick. better fight would be harry potter and twilight haha

That's hardly a fight; more of a one-sided battle. Not sure if that would count...

A better fight would be Justin Bieber vs. Twilight. Which one do you hate less? :P