HACKED ACCOUNT

avejr

My real account on neopets is avejr and that is also my account in TDN. I dont know how it happened but I have not been able to log in to my account and it was showing different pet. So i created a new account to investigate (avejr748). When I checked my avejr user profile two of my painted pets are gone, my christmas shoyru and sponge acara. I have proof that the avejr account is mine. If you browse my profile (avejr) you will see that I have there "I'm a proud member of nothing but neopets guild." but this person who have my account is now a member of Pokemon. I also included there my TDN avatar profile "Check me out on Neo Avatars: avatars.thedailyneopets.com/user/53981" to which I still have an access. How can I get back my account? I have that account for 9yrs and then stolen from me. I hope you can help me.

You can also see that the shops name is Aeinosante which is the name of my blog at http://aeinosante.blogspot.com I think it is enough proof that I own that account.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Neomysterion) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post, just "Edit" your post if you want to add something.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Alright, here is some help I can provide you with.

The first thing to do is to report your account as stolen. (Make sure that you cannot get inside at all. Try to have the password for the account sent to your email, and if nothing comes... you will know the cracker has changed the email and the password associated with your account and that there is no hope for you.)

To report your account as stolen, follow this link: http://www.neopets.com/autoform_abuse.phtml?abuse=report

The Neopets Team will then proceed to FREEZE your account for PROTECTION.

Which means, you will need to write back to them after it's frozen to get it back. That's when you will need to provide a lot of details about your account, and hope that TNT will unfreeze it. It's not sure that they will do so. But usually people get their account back when they have lost it that way.

To send them a ticket you need to go here : http://www.neopets.com/help.phtml

And then you have to click on the Submit a Ticket link.

Issue type would be frozen account.

Thanks for your replies.. I hope I can still get back my old account although it is sad that two of my three pets are already gone. But what puzzles me also is that I can't search for my pets, is it possible now to dispose a pet? I thought it was just through adoption agency and the name cannot be changed. My oldest pet was Blueice7865 a christmas shoyru but now he is non-existent.

that's really weird...no way to "delete" a pet as far as i know of. the only way a pet would disappear is if they got morphed into a lutari, and then the person pounded them...and this seems highly unlikely. even pets on a frozen account still show up in search, so IDK. :/

at any rate, follow xepha's post and you should get your account back. i'm terribly sorry this had to happen to you, and wish you the best in retrieving your pets! *sends lots of hugs and good thoughts your way*

You're right sweetdang, but for now the person that is using my account has not edited the account profile yet and it clearly shows what I am saying. Im still hoping to get my account back, if not I'll quit neopets forever. I have that account for 9 long years since I was in college.

just try to remember as much as you can: names of pets, neofriends, most recent avatar, special info only YOU can know, stuff from your guild, your first e-mail and first password of the account, everything that can help them, even stuff that seems so unimportant: it can't hurt you, so send it in!!!

i hope you'll get your account back, somebody with an account like you deserves to keep it!

and one last tip: when you get your account back, install noscript or notscript, it'll protect you from most CG'ers

Good luck!

Make sure you can remember your birthday, all the pets you've had, etc. I'm sorry this had to happen--it's an awful experience.