54 members have voted

1. 1. Cake? or Pie?

• Cake
    • Pie

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm...I really like pie...but then again I like more types of cake since i only like apple and pumpkin pies...so cake! Especially carrot cake. Love carrot cake. :wub_anim:

CAKE!

...is a lie. Ha ha, sorry XD

But seriously, cake is preferable to me. I especially love chocolate cake and angelfood cake. Oh, and whipped cream frosting, not buttercream (waaay to lard-y, unless it's home-made)

There are all different kinds of cake, which is what I like about them. And they come in all shapes and sizes, and can have stuff in them, but I don't know of any pies that have bits in the pastry rather than inside.

Cake, definitely. I don't like pie unless it's lemon or chocolate-filled.

I also don't like the fact that you can't really decorate pies. Well, you can probably but it wouldn't be as fun as decorating a cake (or cupcakes).

Exactly! Cake is so much fun to decorate and the possibilities are endless! Cupcakes, cake pops, bundt cakes, layer cakes, etc. Then you can have fun with the type and color of icing, and do fillings, then sprinkles and all sorts of other garnishes! Ah... I love baking cakes. :) I just made a german chocolate cake this weekend as well as mini pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese icing. Mmmm....

But, pie? Seriously, all you can do is cut out shapes with the dough to create a design or do a lattice top. Plus cake is far more enjoyable to eat. Cake rules!

Well im lactose intolerant so I will have to go with pie, Usually if a cake doesn't have milks its pretty gross, but you can make a pie dairy free and it still tastes awesome! plus you just can;t beat that syrupy filling :laughingsmiley:

• 2 months later...

I enjoy them both but Pie won it for me. See, in a lot of cakes, there's this gross buttery icing I don't tend to like. It's very popular and cakes are just PASTED with it. I can't stand it. But warm apple pie, with it's inviting crust and mixed with cold whip cream; that's paradise. I also enjoy Pumpkin Pie around Thanksgiving and Halloween, again with Whip Cream. My favourite cake are cheese cakes, but those are a bit too thick. I don't mind lemon pie, though it's a bit sugary, I generally like the texture.

Definitely cake! I looove chocolate with buttercream frosting and angel food cake, but not really any other flavors. Pies are just gross to me. I don't like the chunky texture of most and don't like the taste of pie crust. I can stand to eat chocolate silk pie but that's it for me.

Now, cheesecake is what I really like *.* Comes in so many delicious flavors with nice smooth texture. Not sure if they fit in the cake category or not. :P

I totally ADORE apple pie. I could eat that all day every day for the rest of my life.

But, I definitely eat more cake than pie. I suck at making pie, but Betty Crocker cake mix is my best friend. Chocolate, Vanilla, Lemon.. Mmm.

I wouldn't be able to eat cake all the time though, like pie.. But the only pie I love is apple pie.

I'd have to vote for cake!

I was going to choose cake and then decided that I couldn't vote because I really enjoy both of them! I really like Ice Cream Cake, but chocolate cake is good with me too- although I'm not a huge fan of most of the commercial grocery store icing. I also really enjoy Lemon Meringue pie and Cherry Pie filling, oh and Pecan pie is good too. THERE ARE SO MANY OPTIONS!

So it might seem ridiculous, but I am very pleased to see that cake is winning. Cake is just so much more fun to try things with! Although I must admit that I am contemplating making some miniature pies in a mini cupcake pan. I expect them to look adorable, but still not quite as yummy as mini cupcakes...

I do not like pumpkin pie. At all. I just...I can't even...I'm sorry guys! I've tried it before and I just don't like the taste. But if anyone wants a piece of virtual Lemon Meringue pie, let me know! :)

• 3 weeks later...