What do you plan on doing this Thanksgiving?

Tedhaun

Topic title says it all.

If you ask me, I'll be watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on NBC like I do every year, and I'll be visiting my uncle at his new house for Thanksgiving dinner. I'm not going to have much over there myself, but I'll have a leg of turkey or two while I'm there.

Now then, what are your plans for this year's Thanksgiving? :yum:

I don't have any specific plans. Thankfully, since Thanksgiving is always on a Thursday, it never falls on my work day, so I never have to work it. :D

But I do plan to try to catch up on some sleep (my next work week starts early and it's a 54 hour week) and spend time with my husband. (And staying out of the kitchen. It's all up to him.)

I'm not sure of our complete plans yet but I'm sure that I'll definitely be engorging myself in food. Probably going over my grandma's house and definitely watching the Macy's parade. So excited for yam muffins! And sugar cookies and turkey and cranberry sauce and stuffing and pumpkin pie and oh so much deliciousness :yum: :woot:

We don't have it in England :( Would like it so that I know what it's like, and also so I can have lots to eat as well. :laughingsmiley:

I'm so excited for Thanksgiving! It means a 4 day break from school and work, plus seeing all my family. We watch the macy's day parade in the morning while cooking and/or baking, then we go to my grandma's house and eat a fabulous dinner at 3-4 pm. I never know why it's so early. All my dad's side of the family is there.

As school has me more and more stressed out, I am craving the holidays!

I'll probably sleep through the parade this year because I work nights. But I will definitely be awake for the whole gorging oneself on food part of the festivities. I'll probably be helping out with the cooking this year, because no one learns that I am awful at it. Gosh I can't wait. ;o;

I dunno yet! I'm kind of worried my Mom won't have anything to do. Hopefully she'll get invited somewhere. She stubbornly refuses to join the family for Thanksgiving. UUuuum I'll prolly head down to whoever is hosting the dinner this year. Make something pumpkin flavoured and eat until I drop!

My husband and I will get up late and head to my great aunt's or grandmother's house for dinner (that's the Southern word for lunch). My uncles will be yelling at the football game on TV (especially considering how the Cowboys are playing this year). Once we're so stuffed we can barely walk, we'll pack up and head to his mom's house where we'll eat supper (the Southern word for dinner). I'll get to see all my family and his, and have birthday celebrations with everyone (my bday is the 25th). Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, there's nothing I like better than a day with all my crazy family and his. :)