NaNoWriMo

Welcome Back Apathy

Anyone doing NaNoWriMo this year? Let's motivate each other :-)

For those of you who don't know, November is National Novel Writing Month. It's November 2nd, so you have plenty of time to work on it.

I am just continuing an ongoing project. I have started and restarted many times, and I've lost all my work several times before, but this time I'm absolutely serious about it. I have the whole thing storyboarded other than filler scenes. I just need to fix something--I gave my main character a sister in the backstory (flashbacks) that she doesn't have anymore. I need to figure out HOW to fix it, though...it's not actually an easy fix.

But yeah...my story involves magic, murder, and way more feminism than I intended. I can't really call it a murder mystery, however, due to the nature of the murder. I really can't give you much more in the way of details without explaining everything, and I'd rather not tell anyone about the plot until it's absolutely done and sent to a publisher. As I said, though, there is way more feminism than I intended, because way more of the characters needed to be women, and nearly everyone in the book has a Ph.D. or is in the process of gaining one. I can just imagine English teachers analyzing WHY I made so many female roles, but it's really that the characters didn't work as dudes.

I was supposed to, and I guess there's still time to get started. But, I don't really have any ideas at the moment.

I'm chock-full of ideas, although I'm pretty sure I stole them from people and forgot that they gave me the idea. Someone on Omegle suggested a serial killer who has a rare blood disorder and has to kill people of a certain blood type to ensure that he can survive. I have another brilliant storyline that I remember who gave me the idea--he wanted me to write a screenplay of it (he has a movie company) but ended up trashing the project.

Most of my ideas involve murder, though. The only exception is one story that is like an extended version of The Frog Prince. Well, it's more like My story : Frog Prince as Ella Enchanted : Cinderella. The Frog Prince part is only one tiny part of the story, whereas the whole story centers around something else entirely.

I'm doing NaNoWriMo this year. :D I've done it the past two years in a row but I've never actually finished it. This year I'm on track to finish (3,896 words so far) but we'll have to see. Mine is a silly romance story that's been in my head since last year.

Good luck everybody! You can add me if you want on there. EmeraldxDreamer. :D I have no idea what the friendship thing does but why not? :P

Not sure; I've a lot of great ideas of my own, so much that I kept changing my plot and eventually confuse myself. I just don't know where to begin, I feel like I want to put everything into one story. Maybe I should read more about how to improve my storytelling and plot/character building skills before I start, I really want to give it a try.

Karina, your plot sounds intriguing by the way, I love stories that involves crime investigations.

I want to participate so bad, but I don't have any ideas. Or rather, I have ideas but I don't have the patience to sit down and write them out. I'm also super stress with school, midterms, finals in a month, etc. Maybe I'll try to sit down this weekend and go for it.

I just found out what it is, so I'll take part; I already have a great idea for a story, but there's no way I can get it published. I'm no professional. and I don't want to have my work end up like a You-Know-Who who didn't deserve to be published and has destroyed the world because of it....

That's just what I'm scared of. I need a few years. I just HAVE to be professional!!

I got my blurb. Unfortunately, my mum started reading it and immediately classed it "amateur". :P

COLOURBLIND; A novel.

What would you do if

There were colors all around you

But all the colours and brightness

Were lying?

Melanie Blue Toogood is a normal, soon-to-be nineteen year old girl. Well, actually, she’s far from normal. One of the most popular kid in school, always the fun one to hang around – until one day she gets woken by voices in her head that don’t belong to her. And then strange things start happening – glimpses of grey in her sight, her friends starts getting a little too perfect and bright – and then a grey girl appears in her bedroom.

That’s when her life starts to unravel.

And as her ball of brightly blue coloured yarn starts to grow smaller, and the distance to it starts to grow further, the blue fades away, leaving nothing but grey. And Melanie Toogood disappears along with it.

How long will it take for her to realize the vibrancy and brightness

of her world do not exist, and everything,

everyone she knows – including herself – is simply

COLOURBLIND?

Yea. that's it. :) The colour scheme will be a little different, but it was hard enough to edit each little letter one by one, so just be satisfied by that for now. :P

I'm participating this year, and still have no ideas since I haven't write since I've finished my English course.

Probably I'll get my inspirations once I read more books :whistle:

I'm participating. This is the 3rd year I'm entering, but the first year I can actually start on time. I was in a bit of a panic for ideas on Tuesday, but I think I finally have something going now. It's got dragons. Whoo.

I got my blurb. Unfortunately, my mum started reading it and immediately classed it "amateur". :P

COLOURBLIND; A novel.

What would you do if

There were colors all around you

But all the colours and brightness

Were lying?

Melanie Blue Toogood is a normal, soon-to-be nineteen year old girl. Well, actually, she’s far from normal. One of the most popular kid in school, always the fun one to hang around – until one day she gets woken by voices in her head that don’t belong to her. And then strange things start happening – glimpses of grey in her sight, her friends starts getting a little too perfect and bright – and then a grey girl appears in her bedroom.

That’s when her life starts to unravel.

And as her ball of brightly blue coloured yarn starts to grow smaller, and the distance to it starts to grow further, the blue fades away, leaving nothing but grey. And Melanie Toogood disappears along with it.

How long will it take for her to realize the vibrancy and brightness

of her world do not exist, and everything,

everyone she knows – including herself – is simply

COLOURBLIND?

Yea. that's it. :) The colour scheme will be a little different, but it was hard enough to edit each little letter one by one, so just be satisfied by that for now. :P

I'd read it. The only thing is, the name is a little weird. Toogood?

My progress today: I was "subbing" for a class that has a student teacher, so I was really just there for legal purposes. (I did help the students with their math projects, though.) As such, I had a lot of free time, and I not only wrote an entire scene (three pages of tiny writing on blank white paper, no margins) but I wrote a basic plotline for a sequel as well. I think I did well. I really need to bring my notebook, though, so I can keep everything together.

I'd read it. The only thing is, the name is a little weird. Toogood?

Hey now, that's a real last name. Only belongs to the best people.

I ended up a little bit ahead of the goal for yesterday, so I'm pretty happy right now. Just gotta keep that up. :D

Hey now, that's a real last name. Only belongs to the best people.

I ended up a little bit ahead of the goal for yesterday, so I'm pretty happy right now. Just gotta keep that up. :D

Yes Ruto. :yes: It was the only name that would fit. ;)

Anyway, congrats on your goal! I'm still at 0. Fantastic.

I was always really bad at NaNoWriMo, but ever since I started handwriting instead of typing, I've done better. I don't know if that would work for other people, but it works for me. When I type, I stop focusing on continuing and focus on what I've already written. When I write by hand, the previous writings are not as distracting because it's not as readable. There's something a lot more linear about writing by hand.

It also really helps that at the school where I'm teaching, they have "extensions" which are like study hall. There are three extensions: one is lunch, one is silent reading, and one is quiet work. And all three are writing time for me--that's a good hour and a half every day.