For the millionth time: Sweetdang cannot draw.

Sweetdang

I DID NOT POST THIS SO THAT PEOPLE WOULD SAY I AM AWESOME.

Just so you know, because let's be honest here - this is not the worst piece I've done. One of the better ones, actually. But more often than not, I'm rubbish at art. Yep.

Slight exaggeration over there, but you know what I mean.

To be honest though, I can't draw. I really can't. It was a compulsory subject this year and all my teacher did was sigh at me and grade me 3 out of 10. I'm kidding, I got a 13 out of 20. But he was being (very) nice.

That being said, this will be the topic that will probably die out. But when I get random urges to draw (like this morning) I will upload very bad art. And here are the first two very bad art pieces you will view. :yes:

I woke up this morning and my brain was like DRAW A MANGA CHARACTER although I won't tell you which one. You can guess but you (prolly) won't get it because this manga is not well known and my drawing was a terrible portrayal. Her eyes are too small but by that time, I was lazy to re-draw it. :D

Please keep in mind this was the first ever piece of manga drawing thing I had ever attempted in my whole entire life, and no, I did not have a guide, however, I did have a picture source, although I didn't copy it straight over. I copied most of it straight over, though. Here you go.

yeathis.jpg

Terrible Art #1.

I acknowledge her face is lopsided, and her eyes are too small.

And then there was another one. This one I drew completely from scratch, with no picture reference. Not a good idea when it's the second piece of manga I have ever drawn. :D

ello.jpg

Terrible Art #2.

Bash away. :D I will upload a rabbit later on. If I feel like it.

Personal Response time! :D

Ain

... okay Ain, now are we done lying?

Okay, this is far from the worst I've ever done. You do NOT want to see the worst. <_< But it's not your reaction worthy. And I don't draw, either. This was just... a whim. :P

Neo_Girl

Trololol, you made me laugh. xD Anyway - I can't draw. You would faint if you saw my drawings that I just randomly whipped up in real life. I spent a good half hour on these pieces. Or maybe even 45 mins. Drawing, re-drawing... much longer on the first piece, though, because that was from a source. It looks nothing like it did. :P

Angeló

Trust me, I can't draw a decent stick figure. :yes: And I like your comment the most. Because, if looking at lisauntie's awesome-possum drawing, you can find crit, then looking at mine, you must feel like jumping off a building. And so I know you're lying :P Ahahahah it was quite funny really, but I didn't post thins to get good comments, I posted it cause... um. I put a lot of effort into it. Or something. Anyway. I didn't expect good comments, and the truth was within your post, so. Thank you. :)

Arie

LIES. But thank youuuu. And, um, it's because it's from a source ahahahah. This further shows that sweetdang = cannot draw.

You can't draw? These manga inspired pics look beautiful if you ask me.

At least it's a great first attempt, but you'll get the hang of it soon enough. :yes:

HO. LY. AWE. SOME. NESS. THAT. IS. AM. A. ZING.

That's wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than what I can draw.

LIAR. YOU SAID YOU COULDN'T DRAW. Y U NO TRUST US?!?!?!?

Neomysterion: I had to copy and paste your name. :P I genuinely think so, too. For a first attempt from someone who can't draw a rectangle (I'm serious - the lines come out so wonky. :( ) it was pretty amazing for me! But - there's always a but - this is classified under SWEETDANG IS AMAZING for me. This is just about the best thing you'll ever see me draw. :P

DNA: (I like your previous name more) You say that when you posted that dude person thing. And you remind me of someone who I know. I caaaaan't this is Sweetdang at optimum level, trust me.

SEAP: Coming from you, that's a lot. *bows* HAY YOU COME FROM MALAYSIA! Anyway. Like I said, Sweetdang at optimum level. Fine, I won't say I can't draw, UNTIL I upload something from Art Class that made the teacher give up one me. :P Like a real human being. Urgh, that was terrible.

ANYWAY. Guise, you will get a lot more drawings, because I'm only allowed 3 hours of computer/day and it's holidays. So there will be lots of spare time spent writing, drawing, and playing the guitar. :guitar: But mostly drawing. (we don't have a drawing emoticon!)

In the meanwhile, here's something I did last night. No prizes for guessing the darling that inspired it. Can't guess? Kay. I will give you my picture reference. :D You're not allowed to bash this one (bwahahah) because she's my baby. <3

Pic ref

2.png

Pic

meh.jpg

Her paws are weird. : (

^^ She looks like a beautiful all grown up and successful pirate lady. <3

Personal Response time! :D

Neo_Girl

Trololol, you made me laugh. xD Anyway - I can't draw. You would faint if you saw my drawings that I just randomly whipped up in real life. I spent a good half hour on these pieces. Or maybe even 45 mins. Drawing, re-drawing... much longer on the first piece, though, because that was from a source. It looks nothing like it did. :P

Every time you lie, a Meepit cries. :sad02: Anyway, even if your other drawings could make me faint, trust me - mine could cause severe brain damage, cosmic diarrhea, and possibly death. And heck, 45 minutes? It took me an hour to get a stick figure stop looking like curly fries. D:

Gosh Sweetdang, your Baby Xweetok is so beautiful! You should teach me your drawing skills! :wub_anim:

Ain

... okay Ain, now are we done lying?

Okay, this is far from the worst I've ever done. You do NOT want to see the worst. <_< But it's not your reaction worthy. And I don't draw, either. This was just... a whim. :P

I wasn't lying in the first place. ._. Even how bad your drawings may be last time, you certainly are still better than me for sure!

Thanks guys! Her ribbon is off the dimension thing, though.

@Neogirl: I mentioned - I can't draw a stick figure to save me life! :P I will draw one for the next one okay? xD

@Ain: It turned out to be pleasantly nice, though. ;) The outcome, I mean.

I love my xwee thanks guise. <3

• 3 weeks later...

That's actually not too bad. I think you have potential!

The main thing to do is KEEP PRACTICING!!! I'm fairly good at art now, but my stuff used to look almost exactly like this (no joke!)

Use references when you draw, and try to draw from life (either in front of you or from pictures). ALWAYS use guidelines when you draw: basic shapes such as circles, squares, and triangles first, then add more detail to turn them into heads, bodies, hands, etc.

The more willing you are to learn, the faster you will improve!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

• 1 month later...

They're okay..... better than me anyway. And before you jump on me, you said yourself you can't draw. I'm not the lying type.