Premium Trial - Catches?

Lady Kakata

I've seen Neopets Premium advertised, and quite frankly, I don't see the appeal XD But i do see they have a free trial

Has anyone taken the free trial? Am I obligated to then purchase a premium account? Do they 'trick' you in any way by automatically try and bill you to get your premium account? It sounds like a lot of daft questions, but this is real money we're talking about after all :laughingsmiley:

You are not obligated to buy Premium if you use the trial. Thats the point of the trial... so you can try the service and cancel if you don't like it.

If you haven't cancelled by the end of the 15-day trial, then yes they automatically bill you from then on. There HAVE been some issues lately with people not being able to get through to cancel in time as the company TNT sub-contracts their Premium service to are terrible at answering their phone xD

Do you get removal of ads?

Yes Sweetdang, that is true. All Premium Neopets users can see no advertisements on Neopets with the use of an ad blocker.

I signed up for the free trial and it was too "Busy" on the screen for me and I did not use it at all....I did get the avatar though. Being in Australia I had to email to cancel my subsciption .There was 2 months deducted from my bank even though I had cancelled before the 15 days free trial was finished. I sent 4 emails and eventually they replied with an apology for the delay and refunded the amount of the 2 payments they had deducted from my bank so I think that being in Australia and having to email caused the problem.....Colleen