Yeah, it happened, i fell in love with the wrong person

Alynniae

This summer holiday, I went to France.

So, we went there with friends, did some cool stuff, swam, etc...

But then... Some English kids were doing something on the slide (in the pool), and they asked us if we wanted to play along.

So okay, yeah, sure, and we did that a few times.

Next day we were playing and swimming with these kids again, and we were showing them some cool tricks (like front-flips), and another (older) boy started talking to us, because he found us cool.

And we became friends, talking and swimming and having the same friends 'till I had to go back to the Netherlands.

But I can't forget him, we're talking everyday on facebook, and he is still the same boy I know from holiday (sometimes they change when the holiday is over)

I don't know what to do, I can't tell him, but my one of those friends from the Netherlands that went with us knows it (or she thinks it, and she's right)

I can't tell him, but everybody told me he loved me too, and I know that, but we both knew that we couldn't love each other, because he lives in England and I live in the Netherlands...

Tips?

I want to keep contact, but I don't want to tell him I love him...

What to do :(

You don't have to tell him you love him, just say that you really like him and wish things were different and maybe one day they will be. Next time your in England, you can go see him, and next time he's in the Netherlands he can come see you.

If your 100% sure you can't have a relationship with him because of the long distance tell him that, but make sure he knows that you would want to try it out if you were closer together. But stay friends for now, most long-term boyfriend/girlfriend and marriages start with friendship.

My advice would be talk to him openly and discuss the possibilities - long distance relationships can work and if they do, they are unbreakable - it requires twice the effort on both parts, true, but the rewards are so worth it. I don't see what good it would do you to just keep quiet and suffer in silence, so to speak. Country borders have absolutely no meaning when it comes to relationships of any kind, be it friendship or love.

If you do decide to go ahead with a relationship, make sure you have at least one person near you that you can share everything with, because you will need to let off steam and to hear reassuring words when times are hard in love.

I hope everything works out for you!

It's hard to accept that he's living in another country. I'm good friends with him right now, and I think that's great, but i wanna see him again. My parents told me I could choose a destination for a trip, and I told them I want to go to England and visit him, I think he'll be very happy. Thnx for the advice, I'll see what to do, and I think it's better to leave it for now. We're both still in high school, and I think 13 is a little bit young for a long distance relationship. But we can stay friends. My parents and his parents thought it would be cool to go back to the same place, so we could see each other next year in the holiday, and if I may use my trip to visit him, I'll see him around january. So I guess I have to stay friends with him, and quitly love him :wub_anim:

This topic made me smile :) And a bit sad. I forgot how it feels to be in love ..

I really don't know what to say .. it'd be best not to tell him, then go visit him in England and if you both feel this way you should tell him then. Eye to eye. Soo romantic (did I really just said that????). But I'm the last person to talk about feelings and romance and this stuff :D Ask Oprah :P

I wish I'd fell in love. Happily.

Q: What do you guys think about girls dating younger guys? Desperate or enpowering? :P (by younger I mean 2 years/1 year)

well honey - at your age i would call it a "crush" ... it's ok to crush on a boy ... but i don't think either one of you can handle a "relationship" ... especially a long-distance one ... it's hard enough for older people like myself ha ha :)

and to be honest , I forgot what it feels like to be young and having those butterflies in my stomach .. it's been a long while since I felt anything for anyone ...

anyway what I can advise you is to keep contact with him as friends but in the same time occupy yourself with other things in your life ... maybe soon you'll meet a cool kid from your school and forget about this crush ,.,, or maybe not ... either way I think talking about love at this point is risky ... because it's uncertain and there are no guarantees whatsoever ... are you gonna settle for seeing him once a year (during summer?) and then what ?? people change as they grow up - in a couple years you'll look back at this time and laugh ... but for the time being - just keep being friends ... enjoy the common things you have together ... and just have fun :)

oh and you have to be sure how he feels about you too - but you won't know until you see him (in January) so ...

good luck :)

Well i don't overly know what to tell you. I met my current boyfriend years ago. He lives across the country from me. And from the beginning I knew I liked him. I went out to see him once a year for a month during summer for years. I don't really remember when i first met him but it was years before we decided to try and date. Actually it was when i was 18 before we were both single and we had a chance to try. And we have been dating for about 4 years now. Long distance relationships are one of the hardest things to make work. Some days you will be super upset with everyone and sometimes you will be super happy to be dating someone that means that much to you. Just keep in mind though that people do change. If you only get a chance to see someone once a year (i see him probably 4 times a year) major changes can happen in their life that you won't overly be a part in. Trust is key if you want to make it work.

My advice is keep things simple to start. Don't tell him you love him until you have had some time to really be sure about it. As life continues and you continue to talk after a few months conversations will slow. It always did with us before we dated. Wait until you get to see him again before you really think about putting a label on it.

@ angelo: why do you think my avvie and siggy are with the theme: butterflies ;)

Yeah, you're right everybody, it's a little bit hrd (no, it's just way too hard but won't admit) to make something like this work.

I'm too young for such relationships, and maybe angelo is right, maybe it's just a crush, but it still sucks he lives in England:(

And batman is also right, the conversations eill slow 'till, yeah... 'till what? 'till you only comment on someones picture, or ask somebody if he's all right, and that's it... I guess i'll have to remember the memories, and go on with my life, and eventually... He'll be there for me, but 'till then, i'll just have to keep dreaming... :mellow:

@lovebee: okay, i'll ask ophrah :laughingsmiley:

hahaha, i knew you could do that, mister magic tan :laughingsmiley:

I liked someone when I was a year 7, but I was too shy to talk to him. I liked him through year 8 as well, but in year 9 I'd... just gone off him. It's not like we had that much in common anyway, just that we're both clever. I liked him because he has long hair, and I like boys with long hair. But now I see he's not worth it.

Honestly, honey, you're 12. I think it's more of a crush than "I love him he loves me." Love is a very strong thing, strong enough to make you want to marry him. Do you know him that well? Would you want to marry him and live the rest of your life with him? Right now?

I'm not saying that a crush can't develop into something more. ;)

But for now - slow and easy? Keep communicating, and friend level! It can move higher, later, if you wish, but LDRs are hard to maintain. :sad01_anim:

• 1 month later...

Aww that's so cute!! I don't think you should use the word love, because guys tend to freak out when you say that. Since you have his Facebook try and keep in touch regularly! Make sure you don't drift apart and maybe if your lucky you'll be able to somehow meet up with him again. Good luck! =)

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics over 21 days old.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.