Collectors - How do you Decide?

Lady Kakata

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I collect plushies, since I seem to get a lot of them. I just like how there's so many different ones, but I have lots of the same one.

I have a gallery dedicated to Music. Why? because I'm crazy about music, and I'm musically inclined/talented myself. I've been collecting since 2003 (well , practically , the last day of 2003) ... and I still have a long way to go. Neopets released the Music Shop not long after I started my collection. Luckily I've been able to win the Gallery Spotlight last year.

http://www.neopets.com/gallery/index.phtml?gu=solid_rockstar

My advice is to collect something you're passionate about , whether in real life or on Neopets .. otherwise you'll run out of enthusiasm soon enough :)

I remember my first gallery when I was still a N00B 10 years ago ... I collected Yellow Items ... I didn't even know how the shop wiz worked .. I used to buy anything Yellow I saw ... re-selling it did cost me a huge loss ... ha ha :)

I have a gallery dedicated to Music. Why? because I'm crazy about music, and I'm musically inclined/talented myself. I've been collecting since 2003 (well , practically , the last day of 2003) ... and I still have a long way to go. Neopets released the Music Shop not long after I started my collection. Luckily I've been able to win the Gallery Spotlight last year.

http://www.neopets.com/gallery/index.phtml?gu=solid_rockstar

My advice is to collect something you're passionate about , whether in real life or on Neopets .. otherwise you'll run out of enthusiasm soon enough :)

I remember my first gallery when I was still a N00B 10 years ago ... I collected Yellow Items ... I didn't even know how the shop wiz worked .. I used to buy anything Yellow I saw ... re-selling it did cost me a huge loss ... ha ha :)

That is one of the best galleries I've seen ._.

I finally settled on Faerie Foods, as it's something that has a somewhat reachable goal (though of course there are pieces that I may never get my hands on, like Grey Faerie Mushroom) and I just love the look of the food :P I stumbled upon the Heavenly Roast Turkey when buying food for Moorlough, and got hooked on buying Faerie foods for her.

My gallery theme has changed so much since I first started collecting.

The first time, I put random stuff in my gallery. :eh:

Then I decided on a theme: Faeries. But after a year I realised it was way too expensive for me <_<

So recently I decided to change my theme: The Leaders of Neopia. I was more interested in the kings/queens, but I also included Dr Sloth (he is a :king: to me =D). But then that got too much, so I decided to really tone down the theme: now its just royals - might add Fernypoo and Roberta one day :yes:

I have SOOO many gallery ideas. So my side is dedicated to collecting all things origami and paper, like character plushies, halloween costumes (inspired by usuki dolls) ... I bet I'm gonna come up with more ideas by the end of the year :stitchface:

Edited by Callie

:mellow: I'll give you the link to my gallery (not like you can't find it yourself) on one condition: just don't laugh.

MY GALLERY : Redstrawberry's Red Gallery

Right now I collect red items( not a very big collection, though). But I'm gonna change it to a Toys/Plushies gallery, only because I like collecting toys and plushies! :D

I'm not a dedicated collector, but since I've gotten some junks for free which are mostly plushies, I decided to throw them into the gallery. So yes - I collect plushies. Besides, they don't worth anything to be sold, so why not benefit them in some other way? :P

XD I'm on my way to finishing my collection of Faerie Foods. I've collected all Jhudora items, getting more Fyora items, almost got all Illusen items (except that Illusen Neopets 6th Birthday Cake which seems to be missing) and getting closer to getting all foods sold at the Faerie Foods shop.

Just the rare and expensive to go! ^^;

My Gallery : http://www.neopets.com/gallery/index.phtml?gu=ladykakata

My Gallery <-------Here's my gallery

I've been collecting moving things. In the last month I've spent about 5 million on fishes and

bobbleheads. I'm pretty sure other people have the same gallery as me, but I'm happy with it

and that's what counts.

As for what to collect, I decided not to collect goodiebags and mystery capsules because I didn't

want the bulk of my gallery to be NC items. I wasn't even going to collect the NC food items but

my sister gave me a bunch of them for my birthday this month. She's been on neopets for years

and the food has just been sitting in her SDB. I'm super happy with my gallery now and I'm

saving up for a Rainbow Clockwork Grundo because it can do double-duty as a battledome

weapon.

I'm on a mission to collect all the paint brushes. Why? Because everyone loves paintbrushes, and I thought it would be so awesome to have one of all of them! I don't have many right now, maybe 14 or so? One day I will have them all! I also like to collect retired items, because, well, they just wont make anymore, right? So it's nice to have those, cause I figure in 10 years, some of these things are gonna be worth a lot! Soon I am going to start a gallery in honor of my favorite neopet, the Peophin! And of course I am a stamp collector, and an Avatar collector.

I don't collect on my main at the moment, but on my old main that was frozen, I collected scrolls. I collected them because there was a lot of them, they weren't commonly collected, and they had some decent value to them. I got to the point where I was only missing around 15 scrolls that were actually still in circulation (There was a whole bunch of them that aren't around from the lost desert plot in y2 or whatever) and it was fun :)

So my logic was basically, it had to be a hard goal to accomplish, it had to be different (how many negg and MP galleries have we all seen now, right ? ) and that was about it for me :) Good luck !

Honestly, I started to build a gallery, then dropped out half-way. However, I am a huge fan of Zafara's and I wanted to dedicate my gallery towards that but then i decided to go for something completely out of the blue, like a beach. I don't know why i switched, it's just that a beach setting looks good as well.

My Gallery <-------Here's my gallery

I've been collecting moving things. In the last month I've spent about 5 million on fishes and

bobbleheads. I'm pretty sure other people have the same gallery as me, but I'm happy with it

and that's what counts.

As for what to collect, I decided not to collect goodiebags and mystery capsules because I didn't

want the bulk of my gallery to be NC items. I wasn't even going to collect the NC food items but

my sister gave me a bunch of them for my birthday this month. She's been on neopets for years

and the food has just been sitting in her SDB. I'm super happy with my gallery now and I'm

saving up for a Rainbow Clockwork Grundo because it can do double-duty as a battledome

weapon.

That is an AMAZING gallery. An extensive one, too, that shows how much effort was put into it. You rule!

i started my custard gallery because i had some custard stuff in my inventory and thought, hey, why not

plus i had never seen anyone with a custard gallery.

but it bothers me that there are some items that noooobooddyyyy wants (except for me) that are sitting for months on the TP at like, 10 million np. honestly, lower the price of that custard moltenore already plx! D:<

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Let's see, I collect plushies because I absolutely love them and I even collect them in real life. It used to be the only thing I collected until I decided to open The Mausoleum with things that reminded my of Halloween. That's what I've been dedicating myself to recently. ^_^

i started my custard gallery because i had some custard stuff in my inventory and thought, hey, why not

plus i had never seen anyone with a custard gallery.

but it bothers me that there are some items that noooobooddyyyy wants (except for me) that are sitting for months on the TP at like, 10 million np. honestly, lower the price of that custard moltenore already plx! D:<

This -_- WHY do these people put up stupid prices when there's clearly no market?

I HAVE met someone else with a Faerie Foods gallery XD Strangely, I met her due to wanting to trade for NC Neohome items!