son stole credit card for neopets

yahoo101010

I thought that neopets was for free, well apparently my son stole my credit card to use the non neopet items also he is 12 years old and has lied and claimed he is over 18.

1. Who do I contact to reverse these charges, and can they be reversed if he has already used the items.

2. How can I have his account set to his actual age since I have decided that if he can't obey my rules he can't have access to those over 12.

Well depends...kinda. Neopets is free, but there are items/services you can choose to pay for and gain access to.

1) Did your son purchase NC or Premium?

2) If he got NC, which items?

Either way, contact TNT about it by phone/email. If he got premium, they can cancel it, and for most NC items, they can remove the items from his account. I can provide more info if you tell us more info.

Also, I'm not sure there is anything you can do to reverse the charges :(

Neopets can reverse the charges. You will need to submit a ticket to Neopets support, by following this link: http://customersupport.neopets.com/ics/support/ticketnewwizard.asp?style=classic

Please report any wrongdoing with your credit card or PayPal account by creating a NC Mall ticket by clicking the "Request Support" tab above.

Thank you!

Select the "NC Mall" option from the dropdown menu, and explain that your credit card was used without permission.

As for resetting his age, send in another ticket, selecting Parent/COPPA as the option. TNT should be quick to fix these abuses.

I don't have to tell you the solution, cause they already did. :yes:

But just thought I might throw this out - Neopets is free. I play it w/o NC. THey have lots of amazing graphics, items, backgrounds, toys food, etc that cater to the non paying crowd. Would be nice to have NC, but it's not really required- i still have a great gaming experience. :)

It's frustrating that your son did that. Indeed, neopets is free save for particular clothes and a few things for habitarium. There's no real reason he should be spending money online. I rarely do, and it's my own debit card (I'm 19). If you contact TNT about it they should be able to set the parental restrictions back on his account as well.

To be fair, it sounds like he deserves his account to be frozen. Maybe starting from scratch will help to teach him that money don't grow on trees and your credit card is not to be stolen!

But I have definitely read on their support page that they do have measures in place to refund money that has been taken without parental consent so you should be able to get it back. Whether he's used the items or not shouldn't matter.

How much did he spend?

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

He spent a total of $50, and they are refusing to refund the money because apparently he was frozen for trying to scam other users. They are claiming since the account was frozen they cannot refund the money. Guess he has to work it off if I can't get this issue resolved which will take a while because he is grounded from doing chores until his schoolwork is getting better. It has been a month since school started (six weeks to be exact) and already he is falling behind in all his subjects.

OUCH. I'm very sorry to hear that. I have a thief sister always taking money and such from my parents, so I see how frustrating it is. I'm also sorry that Neopets is being less than helpful in refunding you. They, unfortunately, seem to often forget that their fun website is also something people spend money on, and it leads to less than satisfactory customer service, especially in regards to freezing accounts that money was spent on. :mellow: