I opened a Jar of Jam! :'D

Sweetdang

I'm serious. I did. It was so hard to open and I almost died my hand was so red. D: But using the power of SCIENCE, I expanded the lid in hot water and then waaaaaited and then it didn't work. :P So I tried again, really hard, and voila! My brother was completely useless in helping me with this... :P

Now I can have meatballs with jam. :)

Other than that, I just realized how awesomely lucky I am with avatars. After trying for 768 np 12np each time, I realized I couldn't get it anyway.... because I already had it! :D Same with just...keep...smiling..., while lots of people were trying again and again for it, I got it my first few tries. ^_^ No luck with LoD, though. :P

As with the jam, my brother was completely useless xD

Haha, my dad always makes fun of me when I ask him to open jars for me. What can I say, they're just so darn hard to open and of course he just goes pop and it opens :rolleyes_anim: Do you really eat jam with meatballs? That sounds very...different... :guiltysmiley:

I agree, I'm not really a fan of sauce or ketchup very often either but it just makes it like 1000 times easier to cook when I can just plop them into a pot with sauce and let them do their thing on the stove top without any attention from me :graduated:

My husband likes to eat rice with jam.

I've never had Ikea meatballs. I've never been to an Ikea store. The closest one is more than 600 km away, and I always try to avoid Toronto, anyway.

With regards to opening jars, I've generally had a lot of luck with hitting the lid against things - like, holding the jar parallel to a bench and tapping the side of the lid on it. The amazing powers of kinetic energy? I tried opening one in a door jam once, sticking the jar lid into the gap where the door opens and then closing the door on it, but it broke the jar and feijoa jam went everywhere. Don't try that -_-

Meatballs and jam? Anyway, nice! Science failed you on the first try?!?! :ohno: I always open a jar when I try... Though there was this one bottle, and it would not open! Like I mean to the point where my Dad had to pull out the pliers and still had to use a lot of strength!

Oh and I have some luck... Maybe not avatars (though I did get the Mystic avatar today! :king: ) I did win the Expellibox twice in three days, and I have a couple random avatars... But good job!

Depending on the jar, really.

Rice with jam? :sick01: Eww. But I'll have to try that out one day.

The jar top was too big even for pliers - I tried. :/

Oh, I was the only home. Other than my brother. Who was useless. :P He still ate the jam, anyways. :)

sylt-lingon-lingonberry-jam__0109446_PE259111_S4.JPG

Jam! :D

I just tap the jar with the heavy end of a butter knife. Using this strategy, even with my pathetic twig wrists I can open the toughest of jars! 8D

Anyway, those meatballs do sound good. Maybe I should step foot inside of an Ikea someday.

YES! The sauce is amazing ask for more if the mean ol lady doesn't want to give you then go :competitive: and you will get it!~

I honestly have no idea but it tastes good. :yes: Oh, it's Lingonberry jam. I don't know what Lingonberry is, but it's goooooood. :)

Well mine just happened to be very hard okay <_< And since a) I'm a girl b. I'm fourteen and c) I exercise about once a week (when we have PE. :D) I'm not the fittest/strongest person you'll ever see.

Soo... What kind of jam is this? What's a Sylt?

I have no idea what Sylt means? Jam perhaps? But that jam is made from Lingdon berries. Just looked it up and yes, Sylt Lingon is sweedish for Lingdonberry jam.

and here's a lingdon berry220px-Vaccinium_vitis-idaea_20060824_003.jpg