Something that happened to me

wrightangel316

This is what i emailed to the neopets legal team Hello The Neopets Team, I've been on neopets for years and just recently started playing again. in one chat board I created to see about how to go to the Forgotten Shore Map page because i either bought or collected all the map. I had a user post on my board about my signature on my account which is Wright Angel Happily Married ~~~Water Faerie~~~. This user said that i needed to change my signature because i was breaking rules i think she was referring to rules number two which specifies most relevant information on that subject but in fact it doesn't say anything about posting that you are or aren't in a relationship or married but in fact that you shouldn't post about websites or having them as your signature. Rule number two from http://www.neopets.com/chatrules.phtml Neopets is not a dating agency: Posting any offensive or sexual messages, including while role-playing as your pets. This also includes sexual role-play, advertising dating/mating/marriage websites, dating guilds, or chat boards for you or your Neopet. Neopets is not the place to try to find a boyfriend/girlfriend for yourself, your friend or your Neopet. We do not condone the posting of message boards that invite other users for *naughty" or *hot* chats or other such inappropriate offsite activity, even by implication. And then reported me on my post because she felt i was being offensive and i neomailed her about it

ME: Why do i need to change my signature

User: To my knowledge it is against the rules.

ME: can you find in the rules why? and what rule am i breaking?

User: Sorry. I'm one handed at the moment so searching would be painful and slow.

Good luck!

ME: Ok.

and then i've also had several others tell me that I in fact was not breaking any rules.

Please let me know why I was reported and if I am breaking and rules and what rule I am breaking.

Sincerely and Thank You.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Anime).

The topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from ‘The Debate Chat’ to ‘Neopets Help’.

I have seen a lot of people around Neopets who state they are in a relationship of some way. I don't think it's against the rule per say, and that TNT is probably tolerant of it. If you don't get an official warning after that conversation with the user, then it's probably fine to assume you were not breaking any rule. You can always try to send a short version of your question to the Neopian Times and hope it gets answered to clarify the situation.

I got a Official Warning TNT

You have received an official warning from the Neopets Team for violating the Neopets Terms and Conditions. Please do not post off-site links of ANY kind or advertise commercial websites. Also for your own safety, do not exchange user information for other websites and games (this includes friend codes!)

If you continue to break the rules, your account will be permanently frozen. To see a list of Neo Rules, please visit http://www.neopets.com/chatrules.phtml. Please do not reply to this NeoMessage.

but i hadnt posted any outside link. all i did was about my signature.