Soooooo Slow

woodnymph

I am on the verge of throwing my laptop through the window :grrr: It seems to be just neopets, other sites are fine but neopets pages are taking between 30 seconds to 2 minutes to load and it's been like that since last night. Ive tried resarting, logging out and back in etc. but nothing helps. Is anyone else having the same problem or should i bin the laptop :sad02:

I wish I could say it was neopets, but....

Nope. Been fine with me. Althoguh it's okay on other apps, try clearing your cache, and cookies. Change, under preferences, your map type to JPEG/GIF instead of flash. Try not to leave habitarium open... hope this clears up for you soon, I know how frustrating it can be sometimes...

Really the only thing you can do is to clear you cache and to try to load Neopets.com in another browser. If it's still acting up, it's unlikely to be on your side and there's nothing you can do about it but wait it out.

Ok. Thanks for all the advice. Have tried everything and nothing has helped although my daughter is having problems too,but not with the rest of the web. So i have concluded that it's either neopets, or the godess of unfinished housework is also the godess of freaky computer glitches, and would rather i was doing other things :whistle:

Just out of interest, what operating system are you running on?

EDIT: I just realised how random that sounds/looks. I'm wondering because I'm running MacOX Lion (I think that's what it's called) and that is ridiculously slow on neopets, especially with habitarium. Could that be your problem?

i'm using explorer 7 but i've tried chrome and that's just as bad today.

Explorer 7!? Oooh...Neo has stopped supporting that browser, you'd better update it. Update IE, and aslo try Chrome or Firefox, those work better than Internet Explorer.

I have the same problem but only on my main account. I can use my side accounts just fine on firefox and google chrome and browse without being logged in but the second that I log in to my main account, it starts going really slow. I tried clearing my cache and changing my password and then clearing it again but nothing helps. I can't figure out what's wrong because it's been like this for about a day and a half.

Sugarprincess are you on prmium on your main? One of my daughters is having the same problem, she is also on premium, but my other daughters account is running fine and she doesn't have premium. We are all trying on the same computer so it's not the computer or connection I have submitted a ticket but no response as yet

I have had the same issue for the last three days. I didn't change any settings, yet my main Premium account takes three to eight minutes to load any neopets page. It's perfectly fine with other sites and my side accounts work well. I'm not sure what's going on, but it's certainly frustrating. It's nice to know, at least, that it's not just me alone. I also submitted a ticket. Hopefully they'll respond and I can relay to everyone what that response is.

I was using my premium theme (I can't remember what it's called) and switching back to regular made it work a lot faster. Thank you for the tip, woodnymph. I would recommend if you're using premium to just switch back to regular and see if it goes faster that way. I was about ready to pull out my hair. xD