What type of job do you want?

Lou

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like these days, half the people you ask will say they want to get into some kind of programming... as for me, I want to be a teacher in Elementary school. That or psychology.

Ever since I was 5, I thought I wanted to be a veterinarian. Once I got to college, I realized how hard science can be, and how much I didn't like it. ^_^

So now I'm into acting and my major is foreign languages, specifically French. I'm going to act for awhile and if it doesn't pay the bills I'll become a translator/interpreter or an English teacher in France.

Ah,that's better.Next I think I'll read up on the whole grading system.

New Zealand has a really simplistic credit system for uni entry.All you're required to have are a certain mumber of NCEA credits at different levels,and you're automatically eligible for any uni I tink.

In China,they have massive tests where ou are given points and different institutions have different minumim entry requirements.

Ah,that's better.Next I think I'll read up on the whole grading system.

New Zealand has a really simplistic credit system for uni entry.All you're required to have are a certain mumber of NCEA credits at different levels,and you're automatically eligible for any uni I tink.

In China,they have massive tests where ou are given points and different institutions have different minumim entry requirements.

Wow, it seems really easy to get into university there! In America, you have to take a test called the SAT. The scoring system just changed, but in the old one the highest you could get was a 1600 (it's now 2400), and if you didn't have at least 1300, most universities wouldn't look at you. The test is not exactly easy. You also have to have alot of participation in clubs and sports, volunteer hours, and of course really good grades.

But, we have what we call "community college" that will accept anyone. So if you messed up in high school, you can make good grades there and then transfer to a university.

Good luck witht the TNT thing.And when you're famous and loaded,remember your good friends from TDN's forums, and think about what great people they were.If you end up at TNT,generate a coupla millon np for your good friend dansmellslikercap,will ya?I'm sure he'd appreciate it VERY MUCH!

I've got a vague idea of what I'm going to do - either medicine or law.

Medicine interests me, but I'd probably kill less people in law. :S

Meh. I have a few years to make up my mind. :)

After college I have a dream to become a vet, to be able to help and interact with animals on a daily basis.

Since that requies 8 years of college, in the mean time, as in next summer, I want to be a recptionist/assisant at a vet, work at the local zoo and volunteer at the humane society

Good way to get your foot in the door! =) Veterinary medicine is tough work but rewarding. I was a vet assistant for 3 years, then went to a job that payed better, missed vet assisting so I'm starting back again part time next week. Yay working two jobs! o_O

Good way to get your foot in the door! =) Veterinary medicine is tough work but rewarding. I was a vet assistant for 3 years, then went to a job that payed better, missed vet assisting so I'm starting back again part time next week. Yay working two jobs! o_O

Yeps! That was the idea of it.

That sounds so interesting!

Do you like working as a vet assisance? I assume you do, since you went back to it.

What is your favorite part of working as one?

Yeps! That was the idea of it.

That sounds so interesting!

Do you like working as a vet assisance? I assume you do, since you went back to it.

What is your favorite part of working as one?

Yah, I love it! =) My favorite part is seeing animals that come in get better and better over the course of treatment. It doesn't always work out that way but when it does, it makes working through the bad stuff worth it. :)