Neopets Premium - Worth it?

poogyluva

I am a premium member and I love it!

Only you can decide if you're getting value for money. For me it's about the same price as a glossy magazine or a couple cups of coffee, and I feel I get more value for my money this way.

I love the SSW (some people say it dies after half a dozen searches but mine usually lasts a lot longer) and the no ads is great too. The people on the charter board are generally friendly and helpful.

Granted, the daily SHH, weekly scratchcard and monthly 1,000 nps aren't going to make you rich, and the neomail and beta testing games are irrelevant to me, but for the SSW and Charter I feel it's totally worth it.

it depends how you interpret the premium`s benefit. If you just want it for no ads on neo, I would say it isnt worth it. Free addons for ff can block ads such as adblock plus. TDN also has guides on how to block ads on various browsers.

Since neo is a virtual world, spending real money on it doesn`t sound right. I admit, the ssw sounds useful, and they`re are other interesting stuff; but the question boils down to: are the things you consider useful bonuses from getting premium worth the expense? And if you intend to use premium in the long run, think about the yearly option as well.

There`s also opportunity cost. Instead of spending 7.99 a month on neo, you could spend it on something in the real world, deposit it in a bank, or slowly save up for some long term investment of some sort.

Remember, they do offer a free trial. You can give it shot and see how you like it, then cancel if you decide it's not worth it.

I think you may mean the space faerie avatar.You get her as a challenger by buying real neopets merchanside (plushies, trading cards, etc) in stores, then entering the code at the grundo warehouse.

So far as the neomail one, you get it when you sign up (I can't remember if there was an event for it). However, you can also get it without being a premium member as a random avatar when sending/receiving neomail.

To cancel, you can call or email them. When you cancel, you keep any np and items you gained while a premium member.

I think for the space faerie (the 1p bd opponent), you would need to buy neopets merchandise & redeem the codes associated with them, not obtain premium. Source: http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/space-faerie/

I also have to add: ssw cannot search some items like paintbrushes, lab maps

I'm also a premium member and I find it very beneficial. The SSW is awesome, the portal is pretty cool (and you get rare items via events on it). Considering the price and that it supports the site I feel it is well worth it.

• 6 months later...