Tom-boy or girly girl?

Halloweenhearts15

I'm not one or the other, and I don't think most women/girls/whatever are one or the other either.

This, completely. It's entirely reductionist. People are more complex than these simple little categories. I'm both.

I think in the future there will be even less gender roles. I play football, basketball and cricket, addicted to call of duty, not obsessed with my looks, blunt, not ladylike at all haha. But then I love pink and baby animals and love putting dresses and makeup on and going dancing on the weekends. So yeah everyone is definitely a mixture I think. And also I feel a lot of girls are "tom boys" but they don't want to show it in public

I play all-boys games...Known as Tom-boy even though I'm not. I act like a boy but I'm not..The only thing is, I have long hair!graduated.gif

I love platformers, Shooting, Driving and Adventure...RPG and Action games..and they cannot be pink all over. Cooking and dress-ups are so not my type!king.gif

Tomboy or girly? I'm considered as both anyway.

When I'm girly:

-Sweet tooth

-Anything that is cute

-Read chick-lit novels (Shopaholic, Princess Diaries and such....)

-Fawns over boys

-Pink color(only soft, not the strong one)

-Heels (okay, but not too high)

-Freaks out on insects

-Shojo manga and anime

-Cooking

When I'm tomboy:

-Shonen manga and anime (Bleach, Naruto and many more)

-Not the type who wear dresses all the time(only during lectures and formal events)

-Doesn't like make-up(but my friends would force me to wear it anyway)

-Dark colors

-I love snakes and reptiles(I consider them as cute)

-Tsundere

-Does not like shopping(with exceptions of books and anime stuff)

-And yes, I love fighting games quite a lot to be precise

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a little bit of both, actually. :)

My girly-girl traits:

- I love little fluffy Animals. :)

- My favorite color is Pink.

- I wear a lot of skirts, and Dresses.

- I am always wearing Colorful Bracelets.

- I love Plush toys, and Dolls.

- I never leave the house without a Ribbon in my hair. <3

My tomboy-ish traits:

- I HATE Makeup.

- All of my friends are Boys.

- I Love Playing Rugby. :)

- I don't mind getting Dirty.

- Love, Love, LOVE Insects. Expecially Spiders.

- I've had several pet Wolf Spiders. So Cute and fluffy <3

- I LOVE Lizards, Snakes. Etc. Too bad we don't have any Snakes in New Zealand :(

• 2 weeks later...

My sister is really girly, and is nearly 8 but she looks 5, acts like it too.

I like rock music, and wearing dark colours. And I've grown out of liking skirts. I feel more comfortable in trousers.

I am a total tomboy. I love Metal and Hard Rock, play electric guitar, ride my motorcycle, hang out with the guys, (me and girls just dont really seem to get along....), crack dirty jokes, I hardly ever wear make up, I hate to get all dressed up, you will only very seldomly find me wearing pink, NEVER EVER wear high heels (I am tall enough as it is already) am good at math and science, love horror movies, (AND the Walking Dead ♥ )....

I also love horsebackriding, which is seen as very girly in Holland. Here in the US it seems to be in the middle. I am more the cowboy type of rider though, and I love jumping, and I never really cared for dressage.

(My husband hates this by the way. He always wants me to wear skirts and dresses, and make up and stuff. XD )

Oh and I HATE shopping!!!! I always buy my stuff online :P

I don't think this is a good classification method any more. Because girls just tend to wear what they want and there's lots of fashion which introduces guy type clothes to girl fashions such as the military style or boyfriend jeans etc. I'm personally a bit of both. I love to get all dressed up but i also appreciate a day of just a sweatshirt and track pants. And i love fighting games. Doesn't make me a tom boy though.

The stereotypes will always be there. But I won't say I'm either, I'm both.

I really like to dress up like a girl sometimes and feel very womanly, and even paint my nails (Oh gosh!).

But most of the time I run around in combat-appropriate clothing, shoot other people, do a lot of yelling, and run around warehouses and woods like a maniac. (I play Airsoft)

To answer the question stated secondly: I play both styles of games and more. There aren't just shooting and Zombie games, but even FPS, FPA, TPA, TPS, RPG, ect. And they are all good fighting and action games. :3 I'm sort of a gamer nerd.

EDIT: I really do act like a guy though. Aside from liking to clean: Little-to-nothing shoes and cloths, hardly any possessions, no make-up, sneakers, and a "Bad-boy" attitude. <-- it's a wonder I'm actually not full-blown lesbian at this point, speaking of stereotypes. XD

I was a bit of a tom-boy when I was younger but now, I'm neither really. I love nice dresses and nail varnish but most days, I dress the complete opposite. I like video games and sci-fi but I like lots of things which would be seen as more girly too.

It's hard to fit into one category, especially once you reach a certain age and stop trying to fit into one. I know when I was younger, I did everything I could not to be seen as girly but now I just don't care and go along with what I like.

Ways I am girly

Pink IS my favorite color

I love shopping

Makeup junkie

Love cute virtual pet games

Ways I'm not

Dresses however I want

Loves shooting, fighting and other games of that sort

Has a weird fascination with weapons

Not afraid of getting all sweaty

Likes to eat: Please keep in mind I'm not a glutton all because I'm a heavier girl. I'm healthy

Doesn't get grossed out easily-It takes a lot to gross me out

My twisted sense of humor

I find burping and farting hilarious

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think I can classify myself as either. I like skirts and dresses, but jeans are usually my best friends. I don't wear makeup, but I LOVE jewelry. I love playing fighting style video games (even though I'm not very good, lol) and I probably know a little too much about weapons (especially swords and stuff). I guess by that list, I would probably be more of a tom-boy, but I have my girly days.