The oldest newbie in the world...

How long?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Have you been on neopets for ten or more years?

• No.
    • Yes, but I started on a different account from my current main.
    • Yes, and I have the userlookup to prove it!

Hi, guys! I'm Karina, aka silveryswirls on neopets. I'm nowhere near a newbie on neopets--my account is over a decade old.

I'm just now joining TDN, though, because I'm trying to get back into avatar collecting, and TDN has a checklist. I figured I might as well come on the boards as well :-)

Um...other than that, I'm allergic to pina coladas and despise getting caught in the rain. I tutor math and work with students with disabilities, and I play oboe and sing. Although lately, my singing has been pretty terrible--my upper range has vanished. On neopets, I've been playing too much Habitarium.

I, uh, I think that's about it. If you have any questions for me to try to see if I'm the slightest bit interesting, I'll answer. But I'll add, like, unicorns and stuff to make me seem cooler.

Yeah, unicorns! I love unicorns! Can I have one?

Anyway, welcome here to TDN. And I wanna play the Oboe. But I'm stuck playing nearly everything else. :P

So, word of warning: I rant a lot. And be sure to visit the Games Room!

Hi Karina, welcome to the forums! Call me Ain.

I always wanted to play a wind instrument (a flute or a saxophone would be nice!),

but I'm stuck with playing a french horn... but so far, it's alright! ^_^

I like singing when nobody is around! But I do not bother much about the pitch. For me, if it sounds right, it's right for me! ^_^

Anyways, I hope you'll have a great time at the forums!

French horn is awesome. I love my oboe, though...I'd like to play English horn as well (it's closer to an oboe than to a French horn) but they're really expensive. So when I'm rich and famous, I'll get me one.

Also, I just added an avatar. *pokes* My favorite webcomic artist was in my area yesterday, and he signed a book for me and drew me this dingo. Isn't it glorious? I'm very proud of this dingo.

(I actually had no idea what to ask him to draw, so someone else suggested a dingo. He wasn't quite sure what a dingo looks like, but he was pretty close!)

(The more you say "dingo" the less it sounds like a word...)

Hey Karina, I'm Arie! Its nice to meet you! :D

I've been on Neopets, on and off for 6 years now. I like Kacheeks a lot! :D

I don't play the piano and I am not good at singing!

I don't like or play Habitarium, mostly because I don't understand it. :P

Anyways, welcome to the forums! :D

I can't play the piano at all :-/ I was going to get a degree in music, but I discovered I couldn't play basic chords. It was terrible.

*noms your avatar* Mmm, I could go for some marshmallows right now.

Hey Karina, I'm Arie! Its nice to meet you! :D

I've been on Neopets, on and off for 6 years now. I like Kacheeks a lot! :D

I don't play the piano and I am not good at singing!

I don't like or play Habitarium, mostly because I don't understand it. :P

Anyways, welcome to the forums! :D

Hi Karina! Nice to meet you, I'm Shannon :)

I've been on Neopets for over 10 years as well :D Time really flies XD

The Oboe is a wickedcool instrument! I'm learning the Flute at the moment, and I also sing (badly! haha).

Welcome to the forums hun :D I love your avatar!! What's the name of the webcomic??

It's Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal, but it has a lot of very inappropriate content. So don't go there if you're under 18 or easily offended. That's my warning. The artist is hilarious, though, and not all the comics are inappropriate--a lot of them are really intelligent humor. A lot of science and math in them.

It's Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal, but it has a lot of very inappropriate content. So don't go there if you're under 18 or easily offended. That's my warning. The artist is hilarious, though, and not all the comics are inappropriate--a lot of them are really intelligent humor. A lot of science and math in them.

Well I'm 20 and I love being inappropriate, so I'll deffo check that out :P If you haven't heard of her, you should check out Tank Girl comics *pokes avatar*. Also very inappropriate and HILARIOUS :)

Welcome to the forums again hun! :whistle: totally staying on topic

I haven't been on Neopets for 10 years... yet. :P

By the way, welcome to TDN Karina. I actually thought that I was an old newbie when I first signed up here.

hello and welcome, i have been on neopets for 7,5 years now with a big pause of about 5 or 6 years but now back.

wow, i see you have checked over 300 avatars, that's amazing

I was a big avatar collector back in the day, but unfortunately I missed the last plot, and I still don't have an avatar trophy.

Which reminds me, I should check the high score lists for games today, since it's the first of the month.

EDIT: I'm currently #63 on the avatar high scores! Too bad a) this won't last to the end of the day, and b) it has to be top 50.