Why is TNT so stinkin' strict?!!?!

Halloweenhearts15

Is TNT TOO strict?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Is TNT trying to protect thier members or ruinning their older members lives?

• They would freeze their own grandma!
    • They are just trying to protect their younger users

So many things about the filtering system make me angry or just annoy me. For example, not able to use the words suck, nut, etc. that could possibly be taken in an obscene context. Also, I assume to prevent cyber bullying, the word queer is not allowed. Queer is a huge part of my self identity and I believe an important issue, but I will let that one go as it's a word quick to be used by bullies and trolls, and I can see how it can be argued that it's just not a subject children should be learning about on an internet board intended for gaming. But still, I am so sick of not being able to send Neomails and not knowing why. <_<

My biggest fear is definitely being silenced. I use the Neoboards for avatar chat and NC trading and I have met many friends there. I'd hate to be silenced and/or frozen and not be able to contact these people anymore. And what's worse is, because they're not clear and their filters are so overreaching, I have no idea what might cause it. Every time I get that error message saying not to post/mail inappropriate content, I panic thinking that this might be the time I get silenced by a bot. And I really don't need that kind of stress in my life from something I do for fun.

Also, don't say stinkin', OP. Goodness knows that might be a "dirty word." :worried:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know.... I don't blame them for that.

Considering the thousands of active users, it'll be super hard to be modding everything and going through all posts/neomail. Impossible, even.

They just should be reasonable when people try to explain themselves.

And there are those that deliberately commit a billion different rule offenses and then say "I didn't mean to!" or "That's a rule?! O.o"........

IMHO there should be a limit to how many board posts you can make a day that goes up as your account gets older so that trolls can't keep making new accounts and spamming.

• 4 weeks later...

For some reason, I've never had much trouble with this... probably jut lucky, though. I don't send many neomails or go to the boards that often

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics over 21 days old.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.