What makes a customization "good"?

Cornflakes

So I entered Havana in the Customization Spotlight today.

25spwr6.jpg

And I'm looking through the past winners, trying to figure out if I have a shot at winning or even placing.

I wonder how people are going to vote on Havana, which begs the question: What makes a pet's customization "good"?

Is a customization good when the pet is cluttered with a bunch of stuff?

Is it good when it matches the pet's color or name?

Is it good when the pet is really expensive, and the customizations are really expensive?

What makes you look at a customization and say to yourself, "Wow!"?

This recent winner wowed me(!!): Peking the Red Hissi

2meoly.jpg

To me, the cost of the pet or items means nothing.

The name of the pet doesn't really make a difference to me either.

The big points for me:

* Everything matches

I prefer when everything fits within a certain theme, and things don't clash or are random and you wonder why it's there in the first place.

*Not over-crowded

Often, when there's tons of items, if they aren't put together carefully, it's hard to figure out what's going on and what the theme is.

Like my Coconut Jubjub is fairly simple with just 3 items, and a BG:

4.png

I agree with Spritzie--the more coordinated and carefully chosen the items are, with a recognizable theme, the better. That hissi is an impressive example! However it does seem that sometimes the more expensive and cluttered pets win out, so it can really depend on luck, who's voting, their preferences, and probably their age. Good luck!

I agree that a pet's name and the price of the items or pet don't matter at all. What does matter, however, is if an outfit has a constant theme, if it's well-put-together, has a visually appealing colour scheme, etc.

As far as cluttering goes, it's a big no-no unless all those items fit the theme you're trying to achieve. But with cluttering to fit the theme, it can be kinda hard to do unless you have the NP or NC to do so... :/

BTW, good luck in the customization spotlight. :D

I just entered Peopha ...

bcz of her wings and dress , she's in the Neocash category ... which is impossible to win like this ... most pets that win have all customization in neocash ...

but im always hoping for the best

2.png

I actually really like when the pet's species/color matches the chosen theme for customization. The name, not so much, but with Peking it's very obvious what look the owner was going for, and it carries really well. I'm not impressed by the cost of the pet (or the items for that matter), but if it fits with the theme, that gets major points from me.

I think Havana is adorable! Good luck with the Spotlight.