Habitarium Facelift

barkie

I have just read on habbie page the game is down for maintenance I wonder will they add more levels or P3 species or are they just getting rid of the glitches and speeding it up. I saw a Habitarium charm was recently released with a P3 that is not in the present game so just maybe....

I just got to 50 today. For goodness sake I hope they don't release more levels lol. I need my money sad01_anim.gif

I have been on level50 for awhile now and it is getting boring for me so I kinda hope we will get something different with the maintenance....As you level up from 50 on I would think you would still get nps.though if the do add more levels...Have to wait and see I guess..

Habitarium isn't down for "maintenance" exactly.

It's down for a patch to fix an exploit. Tons of players just got iced because of it, legit and illegit. Basically, the exploit was found when a user caught another cycling through the habitarium levels 1-100 within a span of 2 minutes. Needless to say, tons and tons of neopoints just got pumped into the "economy". They're trying to do damage control.

Heed my advice and don't sell ANYTHING that is very expensive such as ghoskerbombs, draik eggs, krawk morphing potions, etc etc. You get the idea, better yet don't sell a thing at all because users are getting iced BOTH WAYS. So if someone who exploited habitarium bids or sells you something via auctions it would be instant ban for you.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not use curse words in your posts. These have been removed.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

.. I left my habitarium on all night and I just woke up .. when I tried to collect my gems it told me I needed to be logged in to play .. so I refreshed and the game is offline ... but I don't understand behati's explanation .. what exploit ?? :eh:

from what i understand of the 'exploit', you earn a sum of neopoints when you level up. at level 50 you earn 22k imagine what you earn at level 100. level 100 exists, its just not released so players who found out used the exploit to get past level 50 to gain neopoints. they just cycled through the levels to gain the sum instead of waiting on purple gems.

i think it will be ok to sell from shops but don't do any big deals that are in the millions. I personally just won't use the TP and AH for a few days until they get it sorted out. You just don't want to be linked by some crazy 5 degrees of separation and get iced. And we all know (or at least a lot do) that neopets likes to make up weird rules just to ice people, ice on suspicion, and they also ice if you play the game too well.

from what i understand of the 'exploit', you earn a sum of neopoints when you level up. at level 50 you earn 22k imagine what you earn at level 100. level 100 exists, its just not released so players who found out used the exploit to get past level 50 to gain neopoints. they just cycled through the levels to gain the sum instead of waiting on purple gems.

I should be more disgruntled at users finding a way to cheat, but mainly I'm excited that there definitely are higher levels even if they aren't released yet ;)

Where are you getting this information from Behati?

I really wish it would come back online or I'm not going to make my daily 100K :( :(

Those were my thoughts as well....what a pain. No offense meant to behati, but I hope you're wrong and we just get a cool update. lol ;)

Information about the Habitarium being closed for maintenance possibly as a result of people exploiting a glitch to gain neopoints unfairly has been circulating around the Neoboards. I'm not sure if this board will be up for long, but it details how people have been exploiting said glitch.

Those were my thoughts as well....what a pain. No offense meant to behati, but I hope you're wrong and we just get a cool update. lol ;)

http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=148072056

^

(but the thread I read was deleted)

No offense, but then all these other people would be wrong too x_x;; ughalksjrewrefaskdfjh I want habitarium to be back up :[ It has become such a part of my daily routine now. Wake up, turn on computer, roll around in my bed while it boots, open habitarium, put P3s in house, go wash face etc, take P3s out, go to work/school etc.

I hadn't heard about the level 100 thing, but i'd heard about a different hack that players were using to get free neopoints. The whole thing really sickens me. And the poor Neopets economy. ;-;

Once again we can thank the selfish..... childish .....greedy ones who exploit everything and anything for their own gain.... I feel sorry for them and think they are more to be pitied than blamed if they are so insecure that they have to be number one even in the cyber world

Once again we can thank the selfish..... childish .....greedy ones who exploit everything and anything for their own gain.... I feel sorry for them and think they are more to be pitied than blamed if they are so insecure that they have to be number one even in the cyber world

I know! Where's the fun in having sweet items and painted pets when you've just cheated to get them? Especially if cheating is making the game less fun for other players. My Habi's back up, and I'm very glad - missed my little cuties!