Found a kitty

Tank Girl

A little black kitty followed my boyfriend home from the shops tonight. She was all spooked and she didn't have a collar on, was a little skinny (but not tiny) too so he coaxed her in.

She was a little scared at first but seemed to warm to us quite quickly, rubbing herself all over the furniture and letting us pet her.

We thought she might have been a stray, but as soon as she saw a plate being carried in the kitchen she was rubbing against our legs and meowing. She was also eyeing up our cat flap as if she knew what it was. I made a noise like a cat name just to be sure (a high pitched two syllable noise ending in a 'Y' sound) which she responded to immediately.

We concluded she must be a neighborhood cat without a collar, so we put her back outside... Did we do the right thing?? I'm really starting to worry now in case she was a stray..... :( :(

One of my boyfriends cat's at his parents house died in a car accident last week and he was a little black kitty too. I'm wondering if it could have been a sign and we were supposed to keep her!

Last summer, a little black kitty showed up at my mum's house, and was yowling outside my sister's window. She brought him in. He had no collar, but had clearly been someone's pet. He was healthy and well-adjusted. He made no attempt to leave again once he was inside. My sister spent two weeks trying to find his owner by asking around the neighbourhood and looking on Lost & Found boards, but she was unable to find his owner. Simon, as she named him, is still with her.

If you are worried about the kitty getting hurt out in the world, you could always foster him while searching for the owner. If no one comes forward, then congrats on the new kitty!

Awwww Simon! That's adorable! :D

Today the kitty was at the bottom of the road again hanging around in a driveway. We asked the people in those flats if it was their cat, but they said it had only been around for a couple of weeks in their back-garden and they aren't allowed pets in their building so they didn't think so.

We've brought her back now and we're going to look after her until we can find the owner; print out flyers and knock on doors and stuff. She's a very sweet kitty (she's scared of our rabbit lol!) so it would be nice if we could keep her ^_^

I'm glad you guys ending up taking her in. :) I hope that either you find her owner, or are able to keep her. (I'd be happiest about keeping her. She sounds adorable and what could be better than a kitty, other than two kitties?)

I'm happy to hear that she has a safe place to stay. She will make an awesome pet if you don't find her previous owner.

I am shorting out at how cute she is. I have a similar story but with a sad ending :( When I was about 12, I remember waking up to a scared meowing in the backyard. I ran out with a flashlight and saw a kitty, the size of my hand, caught in a fence. I took him in, set up a box with blankets, and he fell right asleep. Ran out the next day to get formula and a bottle. He lasted about a week.

A vet I knew concluded that he was separated from his mother at far too young an age to be raised by a human. I was so devastated :(. Happy for your story though :D

Awww!!! I took in a stray once, here's my little story

I walking out of school with my mom and we saw a truck pull up near the school. This cat was THROWN out of the truck. So we walked up to her. She was a pretty kitty, and I told my mom "Mom, we ARE taking her in." So we put her in the car and took her home. I ended up naming her Amber. She was really sweet, she would sleep next to me everynight.

One day, I had to go over to my grandparents and I gave Amber a hug(I know, a cat that liked hugs)and I heard a cracking noise coming from her. The day I got back from my grandparents I noticed Amber wasn't there. So I asked where my cat was. My dad confronted me and said "Amber is in a better place."

Turns out she had a mass in her throat and it had gotten so large that it couldn't be removed.

My current cats, Jude and Tucker are very healthy. In the future I want another Amber.

PS What do you want to named your new pawed and clawed friend?

My cat Scooter was a stray too. My brother found him under the neighbor's bushes at our old house. He has no sense of direction and he was only a few months old, so we figured he wandered off from wherever he was and got lost. No one every tried to claim him so we kept him.

My housemates also found a litter of kittens a few months ago. We gave away 2, but we couldn't find homes for the remaining two so we kept them. They're very cute. x3