Alynniae

16 members have voted

1. 1. do you find olneo a phising site

• no
    • no!!!
    • ABSOLUTELY NOT!
    • oldneo?
    • yes...

sooo, i've just read that oldneo is closed because of people complaining it's a phishing site, and TNT said they'd to close it.

the complainers: people who weren't accepted or mad because they couldn't get a join code, come on, get mature or something, but don't complain about something that's not true :sad02:

i'm glad they've saved all the info and are opening it somewhere else with a complete different layout, without brazilian complainers <_<

Oldneo said they were opening up a new site with a new name, and EVERYTHING would be passed on to the new site, from stamps to pet intellegence. Hi scores, pets, trophies, neomail, everything.The front page and login/register page would look completely different, but the rest would look the same.

On the news page, Vivies. And they also said everything would be done by Friday (i think).

Oldneo said they were opening up a new site with a new name, and EVERYTHING would be passed on to the new site, from stamps to pet intellegence. Hi scores, pets, trophies, neomail, everything.The front page and login/register page would look completely different, but the rest would look the same.

that's what i meant, so that people don't think it's a fake login, i hope there aren't brazilian people who are going to complain at TNT and let it shut down one more time... <_< <_< <_<

anyone have a join code i still want to join =(

you'll probably get one when the new site is opened ^_^

I'm not sure if I find oldneo to be a phishing site, but it makes my computer run pretty slowly sometimes. I hope it's not some sneaky virus that got into my Mac D:

*freaks out + changes Neopets pw to be safe*

Sorry, I'm overly paranoid when it comes to this stuff. =/

I'm not sure if I find oldneo to be a phishing site, but it makes my computer run pretty slowly sometimes. I hope it's not some sneaky virus that got into my Mac D:

*freaking out*

i don't think so, because i don't think somebody from TDN would give people join codes for a site with a sneaky virus or something o_O

but i'm really waiting until the new site opens, i want to play wit my UC/cute pets :*

From the OldNeo news page:

We have received an official letter from Neopets.com. They have a couple of issues with some aspects of our sites (such as our wording on our login page). They believe that we claim that users can get back their Old Neopets. (When what we mean is the pets that exist on this site). Therefore within 48 hours (the time limit we were given) we will need to phrase it in such a way that people do not get the impression that it is a fake login page. This also means that our login page will not be able to look like the original Neopets login page. (We did want to keep it for originality, but their Legal Department does not want us to).

Our database has just been backed up because we need to shut down the site as Neopets thinks it sounds like we're trying to be their actual site (with their information) and that Neopets users think that they could get their old pets back by logging in. (TNT is worried about people phishing accounts).

Good News!

We will be opening a new site though and using your information there so all your accounts and pets will be safe. We will email everybody details once the new site is up!

As the database has just been backed up, anything now that happens on OldNeo will not be moved to the new site, including this news post :)

So it was just a misunderstanding on TNT's part that some people were somehow (stupidly) thinking that OldNeo would bring their actual old pets/accounts back. OldNeo is, of course, not affiliated with Neopets.com.

So they'll have a new domain ready soon, and they'll email current users when it's up and running. :)

Can't believe that TNT found OldNeo a phishing site or something. :P

There goes my occasional dose of Neo-nostalgia. I can't wait for the NEW site to be opened.

Also, Lemur worked so hard on bringing us this old-school replica of what Neopets used to be. I thought that it was an excellent idea for a website. Sad to see it all go to waste (somewhat).

Ugh, this stinks. Although i did give up on Oldneo after a while, because i still can't afford a krawk potion xD

i did give up on Oldneo after a while, because i still can't afford a krawk potion xD

That's one thing I really love about it...it makes you really work for stuff, and there's not a bunch of snobs that already have a Krawk "taunting" you with it on the Neoboards. :D

That's one thing I really love about it...it makes you really work for stuff, and there's not a bunch of snobs that already have a Krawk "taunting" you with it on the Neoboards. :D

Haha that's true xD I guess it'd be different if i wasn't so invested in Neo, cause then i could devote my resources to Oldneo. But i can't keep up with trying to earn NPs in both places :P

That's true too...it's a little exhausting. Plus I get tired trying to keep up with so many conversations at so many different places...here, Neo, OldNeo, frickin JellyNeo, etc.

But I'll quit sniveling...there are worse problems in life :P

I felt shut out of the conversations on OldNeo from early on, admittedly. That's one of the major reasons I stopped going, especially after they got flooded with Tumblr hipsters :rolleyes_anim:

Hey, i don't know why many people thinks that we(brazilians) are the bad guys in the history.

I really wanted to enter in Oldneo, but the owner blocked our ip.

Many brazilians used a ip block to enter in Oldneo.

I think that many of them don't want that the site be closed, just wanted to enter in it.

I lost my interest in this site after the owner blocked our ip.

I, like many brazilians, just wanted the nostalgia of the 2006 neopets.

But we brazilians are not well accepted in many places of the world, even worst in internet.

Sorry if my english is bad, but I'm better at reading.

We've opened up UCpets.net now. That way there won't be any misunderstandings.

NP will be easier to get once we get more games out and once items start being released into the economy. In about 6 months things should be running much smoother.

And Manta I'm sorry you feel that way. I liked seeing you around the site. You were one of my favourite peeps here. (Although I don't talk much, I lurk a lot).

Website blocked your IP?

Send malicious reports.

Website forced to shut down.

Sorry I'm not trying to say it's a certain country's fault but really, jesus christ if a website blocked "your" butt - forcing "your" way in makes me hate certain groups of people. That stuff just makes me mad, it's pathetic just because "they" don't get their way whoever it is that sent those reports. It's not the website owner's fault if they can't read "a website dedicated to the old neopets" -facepalm-

/rage

We've opened up UCpets.net now. That way there won't be any misunderstandings.

NP will be easier to get once we get more games out and once items start being released into the economy. In about 6 months things should be running much smoother.

And Manta I'm sorry you feel that way. I liked seeing you around the site. You were one of my favourite peeps here. (Although I don't talk much, I lurk a lot).

Lookin' good, guys! :D I'll be around, a bit :)

Aww, thanks Lemur!! *hug* I just tend to get awkward when there's a large group of people. Part of what I love about TDN is I know almost everyone here who's active ^_^ I'll try to pop on from time to time though

Can't wait for registration for UCPets Lemur, I really love the UC styles of the Royal Kikos and the Magma pets over there so far.

Wish you luck on your latest endeavor. :yes: