Journey to the other side: Search for Scarblade

Guest Teen_astronomer

Guest Teen_astronomer

View "Neopets Roleplaying (cont.)" for the story so far...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word of The Revenge's destruction didn't take long to spread throughout Krawk Island.

"Who is the one who looted all of us?" A Ruki shouted out in front of a crowd.

"SCARBLADE!" The mob shouted back.

"Who is the one who stole our crew and forced them to work for him?" The Ruki went on.

"SCARBLADE!" The mob returned.

"Who is the one who stole our ships and forced us to swim back to shore?" The Ruki shouted again, clearly happy with the response he is getting.

"SCARBLADE!!" The mob continued to chant loudly.

"We now know The Revenge has been destroyed, so let us have our revenge on the one who hurt us the most!" yelled the Ruki

"YEAH!!!!" shouted the crowd.

"The piece we found came from the east. We shall span out! Search all land, and sea for Scarblade. Leave no ship unsearched!! This may be our only chance! Find him! Capture him, dead or alive!" concluded the Ruki before walking to his ship.

The crowd roared louder than any other army in Neopia history. Later they dispersed and left Krawk island...

Back on the boat afloat in the middle of nowhere. Blake, the Lupe formerly known as Captain Scarblade, was having lunch with his long lost childhood friend Takinito, a male mutant Hissi. Levy, a brown male Xweetok, was fishing with Rena, a red female Usul, on the stern. Sala, a blue female Wocky, fell asleep below deck. Java, a blue female Ixi, is playing on the bow with Bonk, a male red Lupe, and Apakoh, a blue female Draik.

They had been sailing for days in hopes of mapping the other side of Neopia. Unfortuantly, the other side had more dangers than they expected.

Guest Teen_astronomer

(This sequel Uses the new map, they just don't have a map and they haven't a clue where they are.)

Blake was on the bow of the boat alone with both of his hand-blades in each hand. The diamond dust covered blades shimmered in the light. The handle being perpendicular to the blade itself looked dangerous to carry. Each blade had two tips with the gold colored handle closer to one end. Blake showed off in a martial arts style. Flipping the blades around end over end. Blake was agile and moved the blades gracefully without leaving a scratch on himself.

"How do you do that?" Levy asked in amazement.

"Years of practice and patience." Blake replied while putting the blades back on his waist.

Guest Teen_astronomer

"What are those things called?" Levy asked.

"Bladed Tonfas, it is an ancient design I found, I simply bladed it. The original Tonfas were used for defence. You need great skill to weild a bladed Tonfa without cutting yourself." Blake explained.

"The way you move the blades, like martial arts." Levy said.

"The style is unique, it combines several styles that I learned as a child." Blake replied.

Guest Teen_astronomer

Sala had woken up and came above deck to see Rena fishing off the stern. Sala took one look out the rear of the boat and saw somthing in the distance.

"Wha, what is that?" Sala asked tiredly.

Rena looked up from her pole and saw three ships in the distance.

"TAKINITO!" she shouted towards the wheel, "we are being followed."

Blake heard what she said and jumped to the stern of the boat and saw the three ships getting closer.

Guest Teen_astronomer

"Were they following us?" Blake asked.

"I don't know, I just looked up and there they were." Rena said, still uneasy with Blake being scarblade.

"They look like they are getting closer." Sala said tiredly.

"They are." Blake replied, "Takinito, we might have some company soon."

"Good or bad?" Takinito's right head shouted to the stern.

"Take a guess, I have no clue." Blake shouted back.

Guest Teen_astronomer

Everyone is at the stern, except Takinito, looking at the ships getting closer.

"The, the sails are black..." Java said nervously.

"Oh, no. Not here." Levy said.

"We can only wait and see what they want." Blake said with a steady voice.

Soon later the ships are very near to the boat and as feared by the inhabitants of the boat, they were pirates.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?" Blake yelled at the closer ship.

On the ship a red blumaroo heard the yell and shouted back, "WE ARE LOOKING FOR SCARBLADE!"

Blake pulled out his Tonfas and shouted back, "AND WHAT DO YOU WISH TO DO WITH HIM IF YOU FIND HIM?"

"CAPTURE HIM AND TAKE HIM TO KRAWK ISLAND FOR HIS PUNISHMENT."

Blake had jumped off the boat and climbed up the ship that was nearest.

"And if he puts up a fight?" Blake said when he was on deck, his bladed tonfas glissened in the afternoon sun.

Guest Teen_astronomer

Several pirates pulled out their swords quickly, but the pirate Kyrii closest to Blake didn't have a handle on his sword. The Kyrii looked down and ran away in horror. His sword's handle was lying on the deck, Blake had sliced it off, the Kyrii didn't even see him do it.

Blake was standing straight, then flipped his Tonfas end over end so quickly the sun couldn't make them shine.

Behind Blake an Ogrin took a swind at Blake with two swords, but as quickly as he swung the blades Blake turned around and stoped the blades with the flat side of his tonfas. The Oqrin took another swing but like lightning Blake blocked it. Behing Blake two Skeiths, weilding a sword each, tried to take a hit at Blake's legs but Blake jumped to avoid the strike and flipped his arms to cut the swords the Skeiths and the two smaller swords the Ogrin was wielding.

• 2 weeks later...

The company of pets didn't know it, but the pirates were sent by now a mysterious new leader. A brown Draik challenged Takinito with his Hangars. Takinito met the draik with his weapons.

As the weapons met, Takinito recognised the Draik.

"Hangar Jake! It's you?" Takinito said as he defended himself.

"It's Captain Hangar Jake to you, Takinito." Captain Hangar Jake scowled back, hitting harder.

"What happened? How come you're now a captain?" Takinito asked as he dodged from a sword-blow.

"All from Angra Mainyu. She's ordered us to take you out and return with your heads." the captain hissed as he too dodged with his Hangars.

"My heads. You can't even touch them being too small." Takinito taunted.

"Men retreat! I hope you realise, you've sealed the fate of you and your crew. Good day." Captain Hangar Jake, tipped his hat and expertly dived back onto his ship. His crew doing likewise, did so. His ship, The Bloodlust drifted away.

"Who's Angra Mainyu?" Takinito asked as he watched The Bloodlust sail away.

Later in the evening, Bonk was looking out to sea. He suddenly saw a fiercely bright blue light flying towards the ship. Blake walked up.

The Blue light stopped before the ship, growing larger, the blue orb of light revealed the familiar face of a white lupess. It was Loca.

"Bonk, I've tried to reach you but the palace is being heavily guarded. Where's Takinito? I have to tell him this before they find me."

Blake ran to get Takinito.

"Whuzzit?" Takinito asked, still half-asleep.

"It's my father, King Altador. He's dying."

"What?!" Takinito's left head asked now fully awake.

"He's being poisoned, by Angra Mainyu the Kyrii. She's trying to usurp the throne. The poison is a rare one, and the only cure is found on an island west of Shenkuu. The Goapen herb."

The orb flickered. "Apparently the natives know where this herb grows, and it must be cut on the night of the full moon. My father needs your help urgently and if you don't help, He'll die."

Takinito did a mock salute.

"You can count on us Lady Localla. We're going there as we speak"

The orb flickered again.

"Thank you Takinito. I knew I could trust in you."

The orb flicked into inactivity and disappeared.

Blake was still looking at where the orb was.

"Set sail!" shouted Takinito. "set course for Shenkuu!"

"Who was she?" Blake asked.

"That was Lady Localla. She was originally my sister once. A long time ago." replied Bonk as he hauled the anchor up with Levy helping. "Why did you ask?"

"Oh, nothing." Blake replied suddenly.

Bonk knew, so he smiled.

"I think I know why, Blake. You love Loca!"

"I don't"

"Yes you do"

"I don't"

"Yes you do. I can prove it."

"How?"

"Look there's Loca!" Bonk grinned, pointing to the hull.

"Where?" Blake asked searching.

"Made you look!" teased Bonk.

"Why you little..." then Blake started chasing Bonk around the ship.

Guest Teen_astronomer

(I trust you read what happened before? Blake is Scarblade, in a ninja-like way. A giant wave of Pirates are looking for Scarblade, to punish him for his crimes.)

"Would you two stop it?" Sala said annoyed by their child-like behavior.

The dark wind blew the corsair north.

(Yep, I read all of it) (trust me, T.A. I'm Juana37 ;))

Bonk stopped, but Blake slipped over before stopping.

Rena rolled her eyes.

On the boat, the satellite tracking system that Takinito had made, told them that they were 50-sea-miles from Shenkuu.

Blake was day-dreaming.

Loca. thought Bonk. He's obsessed with her.

Bonk, having an idea of teasing Blake again, walked into his cabin, grabbed a note of paper and wrote a few things on it, then folded it and placed it on Blake's bunk.

• 2 weeks later...

"Well, we're rouglhly west of somewhere, so theoretcially we should split up.."

The pets buddied up, Rena with sala, Takinito with Levy and Bonk with Blake.

"Great, I get the ship's joker..." muttered Blake darkly.

"well you ain't exactly a bouqet of roses either!!" growled Bonk.

Then they started to explorethe mystery island.

A pirakeet landed on Bonk's shoulder.

"I think he likes me!"

Blake shokk his head, "I know all about Pirakeets. I owned starlight once."

ignoring him, Bonk petted,

"Coochiecoochiecoo.."

"If you me for an idiot take, beware you of the one behind who quakes." the pirakeet squawked.

"Who are you?" asked a cowering Blake.

"If you want to capture me for fame, you'd best learn Pluem is my name."

"What is a talking Pirakeet doing on this island?" asked Bonk suspiciously.

"If you wish tofind King altador's cure, follow me, you'll find out more!" Then Pluem flew off into the jungle.

Following them, they came across a hut on stilts under a mangrove tree.

Pluem led them to it, as they waded to the hut.

Pulling theselves out of the mire, they knocked on the door.

"Why is there no-one here?" Bklake asked impatiently.

Pluem flew round the back.

A few minutes later, the door was opened.

Bonk recognised the Kougra.

"Aeronwen!! It's you!"

((Do not post... There is more left.))

"Not a word. Both of you in here quickly! Dark forces roam these places." Aeronwen warned. Walking in, they found Takinito, Rena, Sala, Apakoh, Java and Levy sitting on two bamboo sofas waiting for them.

"Would you like coffee or tea?"she asked them.

"Tea please," they said.

Sitting down, Bonk asked,

"How come Aeronwen is here?"

Levy stretched.

"She lives here. This is where she lives when she doesn't need to explore or purchase items."

Aeronwen came back with the teas, then sat down on her banboo chair.

"I hear that King Altador is sick, possibily dying." she said, concerned.

"Yes, Loca sent us a message." muttered Bonk.

"She sent me one too. She told me to come back here to guide you around." expressed aeronwen.

"Then you know of Angra Mainyu?" asked Java.

This time, Aeronwen didn't answer, staring into her tea.

"Aeronwen, please, do you know about Angra Mainyu?" asked Apakoh.

Aeronwen sighed.

"I don't know her, I was her friend once. A long time ago."

sipping some tea, she began,

"Many years ago, when I was about your age Bonk, I had a friend called Angra Mainyu. She was as close to me as you were to Mire."

Bonk stirred.

"We had an arguement over who was best, Kass or Von Roo. We never fogave each other. Then the next night, she slipped me a transmorgrithication potion. Then the next night, I slipped her a halloween potion, but a bit of dust got into it, and Angra Mainyu was and is a mutated Halloween Zafara. She never forgave me either." Aeronwen paused to sip more tea.

"Angra Mainyu then cursed the island, making it nigh undiscoverable, except to those truly lost or who lived there. She bartered passage to Shenkuu, then thereon I know no more."

Takinito's left head stretched its neck.

"So do you know where we can find this Goapen herb?"

Aerowen finished her tea and settled the cup onto the floor.

"The Goapen herb can only be cut on a full-moon night to retain any healing powers. The herb is intolerant of metal and will die if touched by it. To find it, we'll need Pluem, Vulpus, two pots and bamboo sticks for those who can't fly or climb."

"When's the next full moon Levy?" asked Sala.

"Tomorrow." replied Apakoh.

"To be ready, I have to prepare the equipment. If you'd like, you can sleep the night." offered Aeronwen.

They were tired and agreed.

"Just one question, What's Vulpus?" asked Blake.

The next morning, the pets were ready. Aeronwen had prepared the stilts, pots and food yeaterday. Pluem watched as Aeronwen tried to coax Vulpus out of hiding. When she got him out, Vulpus turned out to be an orange Meowclops. He too could talk.

"Why do I have to do this?"he asked.

"Incase any Pawkeet attack." then they set out to find it after noon. After trudgingaround, they found it, Java looked at the Goapen herb. It was pink with blue streaks down the individual leaf. As she sat with the others in the boughs of the tree, waiting for the three hours to pass, it having been 7'o clock when the found it, and 8'o clock when the sun set, they waited for the full-moon to appear.

Aeronwen told them what happened during the time she hadn't seen them.

"I had dropped Blake off to you, and then had to rush to Tyrannia to get some herbs, then off to Meridell to collect more fruits, then Geraptiku to get more herbs. Then I fished off the coast of Mystery Island, then rowed back home."

"Aeronwen, you never mentioned the island's name. What is it?" asked Sala.

"The island's name is Myrrdin. It means Sea-fortress. It was once home to all the inhabitants of Mystery Island and Krawk Island when the great monsoon season, which struck both islands two hundred years ago.

"Now it has been forgotten." replied Aeronwen sadly.

The moon was now one hour from its zenith. The pets shared some food before waiting again.

The moon rose, Aeronwen grabbed her two pots and gracefully climbed down to the herb. She filled both pots with the herb.

Then carefully, somehow, they all got back to the hut without breaking any bones or dropping any pots.

"We have the herb!" celebrated Rena.

"Why did you get some herbs Aeronwen? Are you sick?" asked Sala.

Aeronwen shook her head.

"One never knows when you'll need the herb, and when you need it, none's left."

Sala smiled and celebrated with her sister.

"You could stay here another night and leave in the morning. Otherwise wou'll be sleep-steering in the dark." offered Aeronwen. They agreed again, sleeping the night.

In the morning, Aeronwen prepared the suppliesfor their ship.

Then watching them sail off with their part of the Goapen herb, she waved them off and walked steadily into the jungle to her hut, Vulpus and Pluem following.

Guest Астр&#10

"Set course for Altador, we should get there in three days." Takinito's right head said.

"How do you figure that?" Takinito's left head said while looking at the map.

"We are here, and Altador is he..." Takinito's right head said before he was interupted.

"Did you figure, current, windshifts, or sleep?" Takinito's left head said

"Uh"

"Five days should do it." Takinito's left head said to everybody.

"Hopefully we don't run into any pirates after Blake again." Levy replied.

Blake was allready fast asleep below deck.

((I am controlling Angra Mainyu.))

At the almost empty docks of Altador, a lone ship docked in the bay. It was the Bloodlust. Captain Hangar Jake ordered his crew to tie the ship to the docks.

"Brownscut! Deatheye! Come here now!" He bellowed.

Brownscut, the brown Cybunny pirate and Deatheye the shadow Jetsam appeared by his side.

"I want you to accompany me to Angra Mainyu."

Brownscut shivered at the name. He hated, no despised Angra Mainyu.

"Blackspot! I'm leaving you in charge until I return. If any disobey you, do as you please." Captain Hangar Jake yelled.

Blackspot, a spotted gelert, saluted "Yes sir!"

The three pirates went into Altador.

Scurvy knaves they would have been called if they were of any larger group. No one had dared because these were Angra Mainyu's pirates.

Passing the colosseum, Brownscut spat on a statue of a chia gladiator.

"It's lucky." he explained to Deatheye.

As they were shown to Angra Mainyu by a young blue Lenny, obviously forced to serve him.

As they entered what was once King Altador's chambers, they saw a mutated halloween Zafara playing the organ.

The song was scary, strong and haunting.

Angra Mainyu stopped playing.

"Music can describe it's player, doesn't it Hangar Jake?" she asked focusing her eyes on him.

Hangar Jake shifted nervously.

"In King Altador's reign, he made the players compose songs about how great he and his kingdom were. But what now? Now he dying, they are performing songs of victory. My songs of victory."

Hangar Jake coughed slightly.

"Ah yes, you came to tell me of the pirate Scarblade's miraculous escape. I hope you've brought other good news other than that." she spoke venomously.

clearing his throat,

"Well during our attempt to capture Scarblade, we found him on a ship of assorted pets. When we asked for him, this Green Lupe attacked our crew. He flung some over-board and challenged us. No, challenged you. Whilst he did that, a Mutant hissi attacked me."

"Takinito." hissed Angra Mainyu. "One day i will destroy you AND all who know you!"

"He got away." Captain Hangar Jake cringed.

Angra Mainyu glowered at him.

"But we brought more slaves for you, ma'am!" he compensated.

"Show me them." She hissed maleovently.

At her word, a large group of multi-coloured assorted slaves were brought in.

"Excellent Hangar Jake. You have some use in you after all..."

Then she uttered a strange inhuman curse towards the slaves.

slowly, the ruki that she pointed at turned blue, then the Yurble next to him turned blue also. Then all the slaves turned Blue.

"Take them to the branders!" she ordered evily.

She then fixed her eyes on a Kau mother holding a young baby Kau.

"You." she roared angrily. Captain Hangar Jake wrenched the babe from the mother's screaming and wailing voice.

"We don't take babies here. You'll never see this one again." she sneered then walked to the window.

"NO!!"

It was too late.

Angra Mainyu had uttered another strange curse, the baby, held within a pulsating green eletric field was thrown out of the high window, where upon it sped towards the horizon, where it disappeared.

The mother was dragged heart-broken towards the other slaves.

Guest Астр&#10

"Levy, take the wheel. I am going below deck." Takinito's left head said.

When Takinito went below deck Sala asked, "What do you think he is doing?"

"It's none of our bussiness." Blake replied, resting on the bench.

Takinito came up on deck five hours later. He carried two cases. He laid them together near the wheel.

"Ok Levy. You can let me drive now." Takinito's left head said.